NBA Thread

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It’s all good. OG made a tough shot. With that said, I’m a huge Brad Stevens fan and I think it’s insane he hasn’t won a COY yet, but I really thought he played that last possession poorly. I don’t think you put Taco or his teammates in that position since nobody is used to him being on the court, and I also don’t think you play zone there. 

With .5 left I would have gone man-to-man switching everything with a rover in the middle of the court in case someone got lost. I get the thought process with a zone, but as an offensive player I like going against a zone in that spot. I know I can find a seam somewhere, especially with a defender out of the play guarding the inbounded. 

Just my opinion, it still took a heck of a shot by OG to win that. 

Agree. With only .5 left if you pressure the players there’s no way they can get a clean shot up. Play for the lob at the rim and tight d. Hindsight is 20/20 but I think you can find the weak spot in the zone. Man you don’t have that. Really enjoy your takes on the game. 

• Like 1

Late to the posting party but damn OG!!!! Cool and smooth. I'm trying to figure out which 80's/90's NBA guy he's like. Just does his thing. Nails a shot and still cool....I'm not saying Worthy but James was kind of quiet the way OG is. 

Couldn't be happier for him and at the same time a tad sad because of his injury at IU. Man one of these years we'll sync up.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Late to the posting party but damn OG!!!! Cool and smooth. I'm trying to figure out which 80's/90's NBA guy he's like. Just does his thing. Nails a shot and still cool....I'm not saying Worthy but James was kind of quiet the way OG is. 

Couldn't be happier for him and at the same time a tad sad because of his injury at IU. Man one of these years we'll sync up.

Kawhi — not 80’s-90’s, but he’s a lot like Kawhi 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

It’s all good. OG made a tough shot. With that said, I’m a huge Brad Stevens fan and I think it’s insane he hasn’t won a COY yet, but I really thought he played that last possession poorly. I don’t think you put Taco or his teammates in that position since nobody is used to him being on the court, and I also don’t think you play zone there. 

With .5 left I would have gone man-to-man switching everything with a rover in the middle of the court in case someone got lost. I get the thought process with a zone, but as an offensive player I like going against a zone in that spot. I know I can find a seam somewhere, especially with a defender out of the play guarding the inbounded. 

It was also a fantastic pass to set up the shot and he shot it well-defended with a hand in his face. Just have to give this one to OG, and that pass 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BGleas said:

Perfect analysis in my humble position.  Never understood why  a coach would do anything other than what you stated.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It was also a fantastic pass to set up the shot and he shot it well-defended with a hand in his face. Just have to give this one to OG, and that pass 

Absolutely, great shot and great pass. But, the shot was possible because Brown was out of position in the zone. My belief is if they go man-to-man, switching everything and withva rover in the paint, Toronto probably doesn’t even get a shot off. 

8 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Perfect analysis in my humble position.  Never understood why  a coach would do anything other than what you stated.

Thanks, Billingsley! Like I said, as a player in that situation when I see a zone, I know someone is probably going to find a seam somewhere and at least get a decent look off. 

30 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Absolutely, great shot and great pass. But, the shot was possible because Brown was out of position in the zone. My belief is if they go man-to-man, switching everything and withva rover in the paint, Toronto probably doesn’t even get a shot off. 

I know where you're coming from, but it's a who knows situation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yes poorly ran defensive possession. I didn’t realize they were in a zone...I just thought Brown was anticipating a pick and switch...but you aren’t going to leave your man near the basket to drift out that far on the opposite corner...Agree someone will lose track. Poorly executed...maybe it was the lay-off and lack of practice or just guys not following directions but it was clear they hadn’t worked on that enough to use it...should stick with what they are all comfortable doing...switching. Using another famous Boston coach Belichick wouldn’t have made that mistake. He always has his team over prepared for “winning” plays. Every scenario covered meticulously....that or he wouldn’t put his players in an unfamiliar position. I love Brad too but everyone learns and grows...doubt makes that mistake again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Damn, how many saw (early, not like today) the Bucks going down 0-3? 
Giannis may jump ship now, I guess.

Miami looks good.  Spoelstra has been outstanding.  He looked like a brilliant tactician.   

Lot of talk on Twitter that’s exactly where Giannis is going.  Miami.  I think Miami has the strategy already in place to make the money work. G with Bam and Herro with Spoelstra as the maestro - wow.  I’m not sure anyone in the League would have the kind of upside they’d have other than Dallas.  Those two teams could be the titans of the 20s. 

Shame for Milwaukee.  They may never get that chance again. G was a once in a lifetime guy for them.  It’s a lot like the Pacers. Very hard to envision either winning a championship without that marquee guy yet they can’t go get him like the Lakers or Miami can.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Miami looks good.  Spoelstra has been outstanding.  He looked like a brilliant tactician.   

Lot of talk on Twitter that’s exactly where Giannis is going.  Miami.  I think Miami has the strategy already in place to make the money work. G with Bam and Herro with Spoelstra as the maestro - wow.  I’m not sure anyone in the League would have the kind of upside they’d have other than Dallas.  Those two teams could be the titans of the 20s. 

Shame for Milwaukee.  They may never get that chance again. G was a once in a lifetime guy for them.  It’s a lot like the Pacers. Very hard to envision either winning a championship without that marquee guy yet they can’t go get him like the Lakers or Miami can.  

A lot of people thinks VO will end up in Miami ad well.

• Like 1

Gordon with a smooth 23 last night in Rockets win over Lakers.

I'll echo others on Milwaukee. Didn't see this coming and once again Riley looks like a genius. Spolestra is outstanding and players are all bought in. Giannis isn't a free agent until the end of next season but Milwaukee will have some tough decisions to make this season just  like Pacers and Victor. 

• Like 1

So who do you guys think meets in, and wins, the Finals?

I’m going with Clips - Celtics, with Clips winning.

A lot still to happen but while Miami is exposing the Bucks lack of real depth (they kind of remind me of the old Dwight Howard teams), Boston is better, and Miami won’t continue to shoot at this level, imo. That assumes Toronto doesn’t turn it around — their stars are shooting well below their averages, that may well change and this series could go 7. But I think Boston is the best EC team right now.

In West, ok so the Lakers got exposed last night, outside LBJ and Unibrow, who do they have? They are the worst outside shooting team left in the playoffs, they couldn’t handle the Rockets speed or even the Rockets D (which, come on now, is not THAT good), and their secondary players are just that. I think LBJ and AD will come out big and carry them to a longer series, but neither team is on the Clips level, which btw is the best shooting team, as well as the best defensive team, in the playoffs, and that’s including PG’s major slump and their only just now getting Beverly back.

But it’s a weird year with no home court (really hurting the Bucks imo), so who knows? What do you guys think?

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

He won't stay in Milwaukee and the NBA probably wants him to go elsewhere. 

I’m sure GS would be the number one wish for the NBA. Green, plus Poole, plus #2 pick this year and the Minnesota first rd next year....or Wiggins plus the picks. I could see Giannis, Thompson, and Curry Getting under people’s skin.

9 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

A lot still to happen but while Miami is exposing the Bucks lack of real depth (they kind of remind me of the old Dwight Howard teams), Boston is better, and Miami won’t continue to shoot at this level, imo. That assumes Toronto doesn’t turn it around — their stars are shooting well below their averages, that may well change and this series could go 7. But I think Boston is the best EC team right now.

In West, ok so the Lakers got exposed last night, outside LBJ and Unibrow, who do they have? They are the worst outside shooting team left in the playoffs, they couldn’t handle the Rockets speed or even the Rockets D (which, come on now, is not THAT good), and their secondary players are just that. I think LBJ and AD will come out big and carry them to a longer series, but neither team is on the Clips level, which btw is the best shooting team, as well as the best defensive team, in the playoffs, and that’s including PG’s major slump and their only just now getting Beverly back.

But it’s a weird year with no home court (really hurting the Bucks imo), so who knows? What do you guys think?

Geez no takers?

Ok I’m gonna make it easier —

The Celtics are trash. What an ugly green. Tatum needs to learn basic ball handling and shooting, no basketball skill. Kemba’s even more greedy and self-centered than Kyrie. 
There we go, Gleas has to be here soon....

31 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Geez no takers?

Ok I’m gonna make it easier —

The Celtics are trash. What an ugly green. Tatum needs to learn basic ball handling and shooting, no basketball skill. Kemba’s even more greedy and self-centered than Kyrie. 
There we go, Gleas has to be here soon....

I am going with the Heat vs Clippers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I'm going to take Toronto against the Clippers; much easier call after tonights games than when you made it. Toronto has the coaching edge (which is saying something, but Brad is at best the third best remaining coach in the East IMO) and the best leader on the floor. 

I'll definitely disagree with you on who the best shooting team is. I'd say the Clippers are behind the Heat, Celts and Raptors by a good margin.