NBA Thread

31 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Nice gentleman's sweep for the Lakers. It will be interesting to see if they stick with the rotation they've played in the Rockets series or go back to McGee and Howard with more size from their next opponent. Its not like they don't have enough size as is with AD, Morris and LBJ getting a lot of minutes. 

Clips-Lakers will be an interesting series. I think the Clippers are the deeper, more talented team, but the Lakers IMO have 2 of the 3 best players and play more as a team. The Lakers seem more together and more aligned in their mission. Should be fun to watch. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Clips-Lakers will be an interesting series. I think the Clippers are the deeper, more talented team, but the Lakers IMO have 2 of the 3 best players and play more as a team. The Lakers seem more together and more aligned in their mission. Should be fun to watch. 

You sure it's going to be the Clippers?

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not anymore. The Clips are so talented, but there’s just something missing. 

The something is time. They've only everyone together something like  15 games. They've had constant injuries and then the bubble, that's been their issue the whole season. They are top to bottom the best team in the League, but winning when in the playoffs when you've barely played together is a tall order -- they are still developing chemistry and understanding on the floor. 

That said, I really doubt they lose Game 7 but we'll see.

34 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

The something is time. They've only everyone together something like  15 games. They've had constant injuries and then the bubble, that's been their issue the whole season. They are top to bottom the best team in the League, but winning when in the playoffs when you've barely played together is a tall order -- they are still developing chemistry and understanding on the floor. 

That said, I really doubt they lose Game 7 but we'll see.

They've got the most talented roster, but it isn't the most well put together and I think that hurts them. 

For instance, they don't have a real facilitator/playmaker. They have a few guys who can do it in spots, but no one that is just that guy. Aside from PG, they don't have any snippers and we all know that isn't really PGs role on the team either. Add in the lack of chemistry you mention and it's why they are in a Game 7 that they would have avoided each of the past two games. 

That said, they could still win it all and no one would be surprised. 

21 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

They've got the most talented roster, but it isn't the most well put together and I think that hurts them. 

For instance, they don't have a real facilitator/playmaker. They have a few guys who can do it in spots, but no one that is just that guy. Aside from PG, they don't have any snippers and we all know that isn't really PGs role on the team either. Add in the lack of chemistry you mention and it's why they are in a Game 7 that they would have avoided each of the past two games. 

That said, they could still win it all and no one would be surprised. 

I disagree about it not being well put together. It’s about playing together. When they’ve been in sync they destroy teams, like that 150-plus beat down of Dallas. Learning how to play together does not happen over night. It’s a major hurdle for them and I said as much at the start of the playoffs. Btw with their complete roster entering the playoffs they’d only lost 1 game - but that was the regular season and a long time ago. Beverly, Harrel and Lou were all out for much the bubble play. Then PG had his depression issues. Man, if they overcome and win it all it will be a real accomplishment, the talent has not gelled. 

They are the deepest team in the league, they are the best defensive team (yes, they are), and they are a top 3-5 scoring team, with two monster 2-way wings, a killer defensive point guard, and 2 6-men of the nba coming off the bench.

Celtics blew that game in regulation. They were up 5ish with a minute plus and Tatum and Kemba (who was bad again offensively) went into hero ball the last 3-4 possessions. Just stand around and dribble then take a terrible shot. Completely blew the game.

On the last possession of regulation, I understand Tatum got a good look, but it's a tied game and you have a guy in the game that hadn't played until that last possession and you're in the bonus, and you take a step back 30fter. Just drive on that guy and 50/50 you'll get a foul called and win it at the line. Just terrible. 

Edit: I think we'll find that Kemba is going to have knee surgery at the end of the year, but right now the Celtics don't have a shot if he gets outplayed by Dragic this badly. 

Edited by BGleas
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Celtics blew that game in regulation. They were up 5ish with a minute plus and Tatum and Kemba (who was bad again offensively) went into hero ball the last 3-4 possessions. Just stand around and dribble then take a terrible shot. Completely blew the game.

On the last possession of regulation, I understand Tatum got a good look, but it's a tied game and you have a guy in the game that hadn't played until that last possession and you're in the bonus, and you take a step back 30fter. Just drive on that guy and 50/50 you'll get a foul called and win it at the line. Just terrible. 

Edit: I think we'll find that Kemba is going to have knee surgery at the end of the year, but right now the Celtics don't have a shot if he gets outplayed by Dragic this badly. 

Totally agree with you and I think the possession after Herro  cut it to 2 was the possession that lost you the game. Walker dribble the ball the whole possession and had to take contested shot that was blocked for a shot clock violation

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Totally agree with you and I think the possession after Herro  cut it to 2 was the possession that lost you the game. Walker dribble the ball the whole possession and had to take contested shot that was blocked for a shot clock violation

Absolutely. A good possession there and the Celtics win. That possession was horrible.

I can’t stand Herro (it’s a UK thing), but that was a crazy 3. Kemba was all over him and he pulls up on the break down 5 under a minute. That shot could really be the series. 

Also, I’m a Brad Stevens fan but he got abused by Nick Nurse and now already a bit by Spoelstra.   

Nurse started running double teams at Kemba and now Spoelstra is doing it too, and the Celtics have done nothing to take advantage of it. He also almost never challenges calls, while there’s almost a call a game that the opposing coach gets overturned on us. 

His end of game decisions have been questionable too, which is really unlike him. 
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I think the best point guard in the league is a 7'0 center

He’s unbelievable. I think they said the first 15+ rebound triple double through 3 quarters in NBA history. 

The Clippers are just crumbling under the pressure. Missing wide open 3’s, Lou Williams has missed two point blank layups during this stretch. Both Kawhi and PG are shooting terrible.  

• Like 1