NBA Thread

I don’t know that I’ve seen a supposedly championship caliber team fold like this. They literally looked scared. Paul George just had a horrible turnover, then came down and hit the side of the backboard on a 3. Kawhi looks like a deer in headlights. 

This is honestly amazing to watch. 

There’s 4 minutes left and the Clippers have 1 basket in the 4th quarter. 

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

He’s unbelievable. I think they said the first 15+ rebound triple double through 3 quarters in NBA history. 

The Clippers are just crumbling under the pressure. Missing wide open 3’s, Lou Williams has missed two point blank layups during this stretch. Both Kawhi and PG are shooting terrible.  

Love seeing teams like the Nuggets do well because it gives other small market teams a blue print to be successful.  They built mainly through the draft and some low profile free agents.  They play as a team and don't seem to have any big ego stars.

Love seeing OF falter.in a big game next that is his ammo.  I think he and Leonard was 10-38 and PG's shots in the fourth was not even close.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I honestly think Pacers fans are hard on PG, but dear goodness does he deserved to be absolutely shredded tonight. If @Hoosierhoopsterhas an unbiased bone in his body he will print out a picture of PG and set fire to it tonight. 

Kawhi was just as bad, but unfortunately for PG the below is going to be the punchline of this game.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I honestly think Pacers fans are hard on PG, but dear goodness does he deserved to be absolutely shredded tonight. If @Hoosierhoopsterhas an unbiased bone in his body he will print out a picture of PG and set fire to it tonight. 

Hard on him? He completely bailed on the Pacers in the prime of his career when they were still decent and willing to pay him. In reality they got lucky, he’s not a leader or prime time player worth a max contract. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Why? I've never understood why people should intentionally be unbiased towards anything. 

Because he liked to the front office and told them he wanted to stay but a week later he demands a trade.  Also he cried about the Pacers wanting him to change his position and wouldn't do it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Sure, so that means you should be unbiased about his ability as a player?

Where was I unbiase about his ability because he has usually came up short in big moments.  He is usually a gifted offensive player but seems to wilt under pressure.  Also if I want to have a bias about a player who I don't like that is up to me.

• Like 1

With all the respect in the world to our resident PG fan club President.....that again is why he's Playoff Paul. 

Regarding NBA playoffs I'm assuming Adam Silver is begging for a LA/Boston series right now. TV ratings are off 45-50% from what they were years ago....can't imagine a Nuggets/Heat series would help but in a weird way it might make me watch more closely because all of the unknown players to me. 

Edited by Seeking6
  • Like 2

Same old Playoff Paul bad in the clutch and the first to make excuses in the press conference.  Not a Kendrick Perkins fan but love what he is saying about the Clippers. All the excuses about no chemistry and not enough time together.  Love it!!  

I really starting to like Jimmy Butler hate to see him on another team but would love to have him on my team. This year he is really changing my impression of him. 

I know the piling on of PG might not be a good look but who cares. He is what we thought he was. Last night he could not even carry Robin's undies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

One other thing regarding Clippers. No specific data to back this up. Doc Rivers seems and is a class guy. Always carried himself well to me at least....but that feels like the 4th or 5th time his teams have had 3-1 series leads and lose over his career. 

Completely off topic and getting back to the Pacers a bit. Seeing teams like Denver and Miami advance like this. Yes we know superstars are important. Probably most title winning teams have 2-2.5 superstars. It can be done though with good coach and player execution. One of these years the Pacers will catch their lightning. We hope.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Where was I unbiase about his ability because he has usually came up short in big moments.  He is usually a gifted offensive player but seems to wilt under pressure.  Also if I want to have a bias about a player who I don't like that is up to me.

You responded to me saying Pacers fans are hard on PG and are biased in their assessments of him by giving me reasons they act that way. 

All fair, people can act how they want, I just don't understand why anyone would intentionally be biased about anything. I want my view of reality to be as close to reality as possible, even about something as trivial as sports. 

4 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You responded to me saying Pacers fans are hard on PG and are biased in their assessments of him by giving me reasons they act that way. 

All fair, people can act how they want, I just don't understand why anyone would intentionally be biased about anything. I want my view of reality to be as close to reality as possible, even about something as trivial as sports. 

So you have never came on here after an IU loss and ripped the players or coaches.  People come here after losses and vent frustration and probably are not bring fully unbias.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So you have never came on here after an IU loss and ripped the players or coaches.  People come here after losses and vent frustration and probably are not bring fully unbias.

You can rip someone and still do your best to give a fair evaluation. I'm sure I've ripped players/coaches, doesn't mean I'm intentionally using my bias about that player in said ripping. 

Paul George should be ripped for how he played last night, it has nothing to do with his history with the Pacers. There are also times Paul George should be given credit for being a top 10-15 player in the NBA and all the wonderful things he does (in 2019 he truly played like an MVP level player until his shoulder injury). Slighting how good he is at times because of his exit from the Pacers is silly.