NBA Thread

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

You can rip someone and still do your best to give a fair evaluation. I'm sure I've ripped players/coaches, doesn't mean I'm intentionally using my bias about that player in said ripping. 

Paul George should be ripped for how he played last night, it has nothing to do with his history with the Pacers. There are also times Paul George should be given credit for being a top 10-15 player in the NBA and all the wonderful things he does (in 2019 he truly played like an MVP level player until his shoulder injury). Slighting how good he is at times because of his exit from the Pacers is silly. 

I personally give him credit when its due but I would be lying if I said I was not in the least bit upset to see him lose. He is still a number 2 and needs a dominant 1 to take the pressure off of him and even with that this year he came up short. No ill will toward the man I was a big fan when he was a Pacer but the way he left and I for many years was a PG apologist and make excuses for him not being clutch now being unbiased I see what the rest of the world has been seeing for years. A very good player that tends to fold under pressure. 

• Like 2

For whatever reason the Clips just ran out of gas. They melted down late in many games and just seemed to lose their legs and shot bricks.  Maybe all the load management caught up to them and worked in reverse.  Maybe taking days off when you are tired is not as good as learning to play through it. Apparently guys were gassed and asking out for breaks in the 2nd half of games after only a 3-5 minute stretch. BY the end of this series it wasn't just PG.  Kawhi, Lou Williams, Morris  all went in the tank. Quite the team effort. 

3 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

For whatever reason the Clips just ran out of gas. They melted down late in many games and just seemed to lose their legs and shot bricks.  Maybe all the load management caught up to them and worked in reverse.  Maybe taking days off when you are tired is not as good as learning to play through it. Apparently guys were gassed and asking out for breaks in the 2nd half of games after only a 3-5 minute stretch. BY the end of this series it wasn't just PG.  Kawhi, Lou Williams, Morris  all went in the tank. Quite the team effort. 

They also had a flawed roster, no matter how much you and @Hoosierhoopsterwant to ignore it. They don't have a facilitator that can create for others, and when you get to crunch time that matters a lot. That shows up in the second half of playoff games. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Even his teammates see and say the same things that most of us on here think and say about PG.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/disappointment-frustration-lack-of-chemistry-portrait-of-the-clippers-collapse-172338674.html

To be honest, we always hear this kind of "chirping" when a team fails to live up to it's expectations.  

13 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This Heat team is something special, and Jimmy Butler is certainly proving he is not the problem as all the soft guys he's had issue with in the past are at home watching. 

I said in the first round I was so excited the Celtics held onto the 3rd seed so we would avoid the Heat. Honestly, I would have rather played the Bucks. The Heat are damn good. That is a really well constructed team. 

With that said, the Celtics are playing bad yet still right in all these games. Part of the bad play is due to the Heat of course. They're just so talented, skilled, deep and play so hard. Kemba played better tonight, but it's going to be really hard for the Celtics to win with Goran Dragic severely outplaying Kemba Walker. Kemba is getting crushed in that matchup.

We also have to remember that the Celtics are missing a 17ppg scorer, who is also a solid defender and playmaker. That's a tough loss against a team so deep and skilled as the Heat. 

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

I said in the first round I was so excited the Celtics held onto the 3rd seed so we would avoid the Heat. Honestly, I would have rather played the Bucks. The Heat are damn good. That is a really well constructed team. 

With that said, the Celtics are playing bad yet still right in all these games. Part of the bad play is due to the Heat of course. They're just so talented, skilled, deep and play so hard. Kemba played better tonight, but it's going to be really hard for the Celtics to win with Goran Dragic severely outplaying Kemba Walker. Kemba is getting crushed in that matchup.

We also have to remember that the Celtics are missing a 17ppg scorer, who is also a solid defender and playmaker. That's a tough loss against a team so deep and skilled as the Heat. 

Oh there is no doubt that Gordon Hayward could be the difference for this team. He does so many things well, doesn't require the ball in his hands to make an impact. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Oh there is no doubt that Gordon Hayward could be the difference for this team. He does so many things well, doesn't require the ball in his hands to make an impact. 

Yeah, would be a huge difference. Maybe the difference. But bottom line right now though, the Heat just want it more. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Either the kid is snake bit, soft, or just feeble...heck I don’t know. Not sure how he made it a whole season with us. He really needs a good offseason in the gym. Sad because Boston could use that spark right now and even just giving them 5-8 good minutes would be huge for them and his growth.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Either the kid is snake bit, soft, or just feeble...heck I don’t know. Not sure how he made it a whole season with us. He really needs a good offseason in the gym. Sad because Boston could use that spark right now and even just giving them 5-8 good minutes would be huge for them and his growth.

I’m excited that Langford is a Celtic because of the IU connection, etc., but it is tough watching how well Tyler Herro is playing knowing that Herro is who Ainge really, really wanted and Pat Riley scooped him up one pick ahead. 

Something has just seemed off to me with Langford since his year at IU. Ultra talented, but something missing, and then of course snakebitten with injuries as well.