NBA Thread

I just realized it's been discussed but the rumors about the Pacers interest in Hayword are starting to spike up again. I don't know what the Pacers would give up to get him because we can speculate that all day long but there seems to be a lot of smoke around Hayword and the Pacers this year. 

Edited by DC2345

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I just realized it's been discussed but the rumors about the Pacers interest in Hayword are starting to spike up again. I don't know what the Pacers would give up to get him because we can speculate that all day long but there seems to be a lot of smoke around Hayword and the Pacers this year. 

Saw the rumors on CBS sports this morning.  No mention of players to be involved.

28 minutes ago, rico said:

Saw the rumors on CBS sports this morning.  No mention of players to be involved.

Nobody knows if there could be any kind of deal since teams can't negotiate yet. It's just being said that there are people in the Pacers front office that have interest in trying to acquire him this offseason. 

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Nobody knows if there could be any kind of deal since teams can't negotiate yet. It's just being said that there are people in the Pacers front office that have interest in trying to acquire him this offseason. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pacers-have-interest-in-trading-for-celtics-gordon-hayward-per-report/

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I would assume Turner would be involved in this.  I don't think VO would fit with the celtics since they already have enough wings and they need a big man.

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I would assume Turner would be involved in this.  I don't think VO would fit with the celtics since they already have enough wings and they need a big man.

I would say Turner or it would have to be a 3 team deal but who know's. Time will tell if KP and Pritchard find a way to work out a deal. I'm not going to speculate on what players that Ainge might want because I have know clue. 

Since I keep seeing more and more about Hayward to Indy being a possibility, what about this?

Turner/Doug/Lamb for Hayward 14th and 26th pick?

- Turner is the main guy for this deal, McDermott cap filler and offers a bit of floor spacing, Lamb is an above average player and cap filler 
- Hayward is a nice fit next to Warren and can be interchangeable with him. 6.7 rebounds per game this past year, which is more than Turner. 14th & 26th pick give us 2 chances at having a little swing at some young talent to hopefully turn into something or can package together to a team that may want to trade down.  

Starters: Brogdon/Vic/Hayward/Warren/Sabonis

Bench: Aaron/TJ or Sumner/resign Justin Holiday/14th draft pick or vet FA and Leaf/Goga and 26th pick and Alize Johnson at end of the bench

1 minute ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Since I keep seeing more and more about Hayward to Indy being a possibility, what about this?

- Turner is the main guy for this deal, McDermott cap filler and offers a bit of floor spacing, Lamb is an above average player and cap filler 
- Hayward is a nice fit next to Warren and can be interchangeable with him. 6.7 rebounds per game this past year, which is more than Turner. 14th & 26th pick give us 2 chances at having a little swing at some young talent to hopefully turn into something or can package together to a team that may want to trade down.  

Bench: Aaron/TJ or Sumner/resign Justin Holiday/14th draft pick or vet FA and Leaf/Goga and 26th pick and Alize Johnson at end of the bench

I'd do that deal as the Pacers. Wonder if the Celts would.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Celts aren't giving us two first round picks for two role players and a marginal starter. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Celts aren't giving us two first round picks for two role players and a marginal starter. 

Marginal starter?  Myles would start on the Celtics over Theis or Williams.  Myles is def an upgrade over anyone the Celtics have on their current roster or could bring in via FA given their cap space.  He would improve both their offense and defense.   Williams is up and coming but he's still very raw.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055

58 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Saw something on YouTube from a Celtic guy and this was his trade

Celtics get-Turner and Lamb

Pacers get- Hayward, Romeo and the 14th pick

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Marginal starter?  Myles would start on the Celtics over Theis or Williams.  Myles is def an upgrade over anyone the Celtics have on their current roster or could bring in via FA given their cap space.  He would improve both their offense and defense.   Williams is up and coming but he's still very raw.  

Yes, Myles is a marginal starter. He may be an upgrade over Theis (not 100% convinced of that, but I digress), but it isn't much. He's a better weak side defender, but Theis is a better overall defender. 

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

@BGleas

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

No way lol. Amazing how unrealistic some of these guys are.

For which side? To me this would seem to be a good trade for both sides.  To me the 14th pick is nothing so great that the Celtics wouldn't want to give up.  This draft looks very weak especially at the top of the draft.

Edited by IU Scott

24 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Well you're just wrong, lol. Where was Kawhi drafted? Etc etc etc. Come on, this trade idea isn't even in the realm of reasonable. It's boneheadedly bad. 

I said in this years draft which is weak.  If I wanted to do some research and see all of the 14th picks I could find some that didn't pan out as well.

Number 14

Year Player School/Country – Team

2019 Romeo Langford, Indiana – Boston Celtics
2018 Michael Porter, University of Missouri – Denver Nuggets
2017 Bam Adebayo, Kentucky – Miami HEAT
2016 Denzel Valentine, Michigan State – Chicago Bulls
2015 Cameron Payne, Murray State – Oklahoma City Thunder
2014 TJ Warren, NC State – Phoenix Suns
2013 Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA – Utah Jazz
2012 John Henson, UNC – Milwaukee Bucks
2011 Marcus Morris, Kansas – Houston Rockets
2010 Patrick Patterson, Kentucky – Houston Rockets

2000’s

2009 Earl Clark, Louisville – Phoenix Suns
2008 Anthony Randolph, LSU – Golden State Warriors
2007 Al Thornton, Florida State – L.A. Clippers
2006 Ronnie Brewer, Arkansas – Utah Jazz
2005 Rashad McCants, North Carolina – Minnesota Timberwolves
2004 Kris Humphries, Minnesota – Utah Jazz
2003 Luke Ridnour, Oregon – Seattle Supersonics
2002 Fred Jones, Oregon – Indiana Pacers
2001 Troy Murphy, Notre Dame – Golden State Warriors
2000 Mateen Cleaves, Michigan State – Detroit Pistons

1990’s

1999 William Avery, Duke – Minnesota Timberwolves
1998 Michael Dickerson, Arizona – Houston Rockets
1997 Maurice Taylor, Michigan – L.A. Clippers
1996 Predrag Stojakovic, Serbia & Montenegro – Sacramento Kings
1995 Eric Williams, Providence – Boston Celtics
1994 Yinka Dare, George Washington – New Jersey Nets
1993 Scott Haskin, Oregon State – Indiana Pacers
1992 Malik Sealy, St. John’s – Indiana Pacers
1991 Rich King, Nebraska – Seattle Supersonics
1990 Travis Mays, Texas – Sacramento Kings

Well some good but a lot of misses with the 14th pick

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Number 14

Year Player School/Country – Team

2019 Romeo Langford, Indiana – Boston Celtics
2018 Michael Porter, University of Missouri – Denver Nuggets
2017 Bam Adebayo, Kentucky – Miami HEAT
2016 Denzel Valentine, Michigan State – Chicago Bulls
2015 Cameron Payne, Murray State – Oklahoma City Thunder
2014 TJ Warren, NC State – Phoenix Suns
2013 Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA – Utah Jazz
2012 John Henson, UNC – Milwaukee Bucks
2011 Marcus Morris, Kansas – Houston Rockets
2010 Patrick Patterson, Kentucky – Houston Rockets

2000’s

2009 Earl Clark, Louisville – Phoenix Suns
2008 Anthony Randolph, LSU – Golden State Warriors
2007 Al Thornton, Florida State – L.A. Clippers
2006 Ronnie Brewer, Arkansas – Utah Jazz
2005 Rashad McCants, North Carolina – Minnesota Timberwolves
2004 Kris Humphries, Minnesota – Utah Jazz
2003 Luke Ridnour, Oregon – Seattle Supersonics
2002 Fred Jones, Oregon – Indiana Pacers
2001 Troy Murphy, Notre Dame – Golden State Warriors
2000 Mateen Cleaves, Michigan State – Detroit Pistons

1990’s

1999 William Avery, Duke – Minnesota Timberwolves
1998 Michael Dickerson, Arizona – Houston Rockets
1997 Maurice Taylor, Michigan – L.A. Clippers
1996 Predrag Stojakovic, Serbia & Montenegro – Sacramento Kings
1995 Eric Williams, Providence – Boston Celtics
1994 Yinka Dare, George Washington – New Jersey Nets
1993 Scott Haskin, Oregon State – Indiana Pacers
1992 Malik Sealy, St. John’s – Indiana Pacers
1991 Rich King, Nebraska – Seattle Supersonics
1990 Travis Mays, Texas – Sacramento Kings

Well some good but a lot of misses with the 14th pick

Do you really think you have the handle on who might be drafted at 14 in this draft, how good that player may be, etc., by pulling up prior drafts, which, of course, included all kinds of outstanding players, a number of whom were overlooked. Btw, that goes way, way past #14. All kinds of outstanding, future all stars, etc. are drafted, routinely, at and after 14. And you're just glossing over Romeo, who was a lottery pick and was injured basically his entire rookie year. This is a patently stupid trade suggestion. No way in Hell the Celtics would take it, and yes, they know better than you, Scott.

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Do you really think you have the handle on who might be drafted at 14 in this draft, how good that player may be, etc., by pulling up prior drafts, which, of course, included all kinds of outstanding players, a number of whom were overlooked. Btw, that goes way, way past #14. All kinds of outstanding, future all stars, etc. are drafted, routinely, at and after 14. And you're just glossing over Romeo, who was a lottery pick and was injured basically his entire rookie year. This is a patently stupid trade suggestion. No way in Hell the Celtics would take it, and yes, they know better than you, Scott.

I did not make that draft up but a Celtic guy