NBA Thread

As noted in a recent episode of the HoopsHype podcast, Boston is looking to upgrade at center either via the draft by trying to move up to select James Wiseman or Onyeka Okongwu. Some executives around the league could see a swap of Hayward for Pacers center Myles Turner making sense as well. 

Saw this but who knows what is true or not

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Ok.  Was Calvert on staff at IU during Oladipo's time?

Just heard DD say something along the lines of Vic wants to stay and unless Doyle and what's his name, name names, this will blow over.  

Vic wants to stay for this year. He never committed long term to the franchise. To answer the question though I'm pretty sure Calbert was there for a couple of years while Vic was there. Calbert getting hired by the Pacers I would say has almost zero to do with Vic. 

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Vic wants to stay for this year. He never committed long term to the franchise. To answer the question though I'm pretty sure Calbert was there for a couple of years while Vic was there. Calbert getting hired by the Pacers I would say has almost zero to do with Vic. 

Thanks.  

Sitting waiting on an oil change and recalls got me thinking, maybe there is more than meets the eye.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Thanks.  

Sitting waiting on an oil change and recalls got me thinking, maybe there is more than meets the eye.  

If the Pacers are hiring coaches to make Vic happy that's a problem and he's not even close to being on that level of a player. I don't even like when teams do it for real superstars. The real connection to make is that Greg Foster was an assistant for the Atlanta Hawks last year and Calbert was a coach for the Hawks G-League team last year. 

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

If the Pacers are hiring coaches to make Vic happy that's a problem and he's not even close to being on that level of a player. I don't even like when teams do it for real superstars. The real connection to make is that Greg Foster was an assistant for the Atlanta Hawks last year and Calbert was a coach for the Hawks G-League team last year. 

And Cal could be replacing Vic as the face of the Pacers as the Hoosier connection.  Could be a free 2 for 1.  If Vic does roll out.  

I've read rumors that Booker wants out of Phoenix plus rumors that debunk those rumors.  Who knows but there is smoke there.  Their 8 game bubble streak was good but a poor start would have quickly reversed their solid summer.   I think if the suns get off to a bad start the fire that caused the smoke could intensify with booker. Maybe the hope is CP3 will enhance the Suns making the playoffs and help get them off to a good start.  There is no doubt he is good and like having a coach on the floor. 

15 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

I've read rumors that Booker wants out of Phoenix plus rumors that debunk those rumors.  Who knows but there is smoke there.  Their 8 game bubble streak was good but a poor start would have quickly reversed their solid summer.   I think if the suns get off to a bad start the fire that caused the smoke could intensify with booker. Maybe the hope is CP3 will enhance the Suns making the playoffs and help get them off to a good start.  There is no doubt he is good and like having a coach on the floor. 

Booker has four years left on his contract - he has absolutely no leverage even if he wants out. He ain't going anywhere for at least two years. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The fact that a 32 year old wants to compete for a championship and not go through a rebuild is why people have soured on the NBA? What other sport do aging stars not try to find winning situations? 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

The fact that a 32 year old wants to compete for a championship and not go through a rebuild is why people have soured on the NBA? What other sport do aging stars not try to find winning situations? 

No, it is the players dictating who they want to be traded to.  It is star players getting together and forcing teams to trade them so they can play together.  What happened to players being competitive and confide they can win without getting together with other players.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

No, it is the players dictating who they want to be traded to.  It is star players getting together and forcing teams to trade them so they can play together.  What happened to players being competitive and confide they can win without getting together with other players.

That's not unique to the NBA...

That happens in all sports, it's a product of the players not being forced to play for one team for their whole career. 

But let me guess, you like things in the good old days when owners had all the power instead of the workers....

Just now, KoB2011 said:

That happens in all sports, it's a product of the players not being forced to play for one team for their whole career. 

But let me guess, you like things in the good old days when owners had all the power instead of the workers....

Well that is why some had turned on pro sports.  It might happen in other sport but it happens a lot more in the NBA.  I see it if you are a free agent and want to go wherever you want but I don't like it when players forces a trade to a certain team.  Like last year when PG just signed a big contract and then a year later demands a trade to the Clippers to play with Kawaii.  You didn't see Jordan, Bird or Magic doing this because they was to competitive and wanted to beat the other great players.

Just now, IU Scott said:

Well that is why some had turned on pro sports.  It might happen in other sport but it happens a lot more in the NBA.  I see it if you are a free agent and want to go wherever you want but I don't like it when players forces a trade to a certain team.  Like last year when PG just signed a big contract and then a year later demands a trade to the Clippers to play with Kawaii.  You didn't see Jordan, Bird or Magic doing this because they was to competitive and wanted to beat the other great players.

Yes, Bird and Magic especially really stuck it out through some bad teams so they could win for one franchise. 

And Jordan is certainly the poster child for never leaving a situation out of personal convenience....

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes, Bird and Magic especially really stuck it out through some bad teams so they could win for one franchise. 

And Jordan is certainly the poster child for never leaving a situation out of personal convenience....

At least back then the orginization built the roster and not the players which is the way it should be.  Back then if you traded a star you usually got another star back.  Today if a players forces a trade to a certain team then they won't get back fair value.  You trade Harden to Brooklyn you are not getting It ing back but you will get second tier players and draft picks.  Back then if you made a bad trade it is because the GM was stupid.  Now you have to make bad trades because the players are forcing you to trade them.

32 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

At least back then the orginization built the roster and not the players which is the way it should be.  Back then if you traded a star you usually got another star back.  Today if a players forces a trade to a certain team then they won't get back fair value.  You trade Harden to Brooklyn you are not getting It ing back but you will get second tier players and draft picks.  Back then if you made a bad trade it is because the GM was stupid.  Now you have to make bad trades because the players are forcing you to trade them.

I will never understand a working class man who sides with management. 

Edited by KoB2011

5 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I will never understand a working class man who doesn't sides with management. 

Besides the owner the players are making more than anyone else in the orginization.  I wouldn't compare players to working class workers.  The job if the front office is to build the team and the players job is to play and get paid well doing it.  Once you hit free agency they have the right to choose anywhere they want to play which is great.  If you are under contract which you signed then honor that contract.

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Curious who you think the super-teams are in Football and baseball.

6 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Curious who you think the super-teams are in Football and baseball.

I have not heard stars in either one of those leagues talking about playing together and making a super team.  I just test and one of the qoutes from Harden is he is not interested in an extension but he is worried about a trade to the Nets

Edited by IU Scott