NBA Thread

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched the NBA since the late 70's and have always thought they were the worst officials in sports.

Hmm. OK, I know how you prefer college basketball to pro basketball, but honestly, it's really hard to grasp how you could reach the opinion that NBA refs are worse than college refs. I mean, there's just not much room for that view Scott, college officiating is (though not always) rife with awful and often clearly biased officiating. How many ridiculous games of Hightower et al have you watched? How can you ignore the incredibly poor officiating of college ball? Pro refs generally get it right Scott, they really do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have watched the NBA since the late 70's and have always thought they were the worst officials in sports.

I've never seen someone spend so much time watching and talking about something they allegedly can't stand as you do with the NBA. If it's so bad then just stop watching it and talking about it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Hmm. OK, I know how you prefer college basketball to pro basketball, but honestly, it's really hard to grasp how you could reach the opinion that NBA refs are worse than college refs. I mean, there's just not much room for that view Scott, college officiating is (though not always) rife with awful and often clearly biased officiating. How many ridiculous games of Hightower et al have you watched? How can you ignore the incredibly poor officiating of college ball? Pro refs generally get it right Scott, they really do.

Yeah, college officials are the worst and its not even close. 

I can understand some people not liking some of the rules (gather step, continuation, etc) in the NBA but the officials do as good of a job calling games as you can. 

I wish they called some notorious floppers better, but generally NBA refs do a good job. 

College refs are just flat awful. They couldn't call a proper charge/block if the players were in slow motion, they literally hunt ticky-tack fouls on the perimeter while letting guys get clobbered in the paint, and I'm going to scream if I see one more needless travel called. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Fun fact: only 6 colleges currently have 3 or more players in the NBA averaging over 15 PPG and Indiana is one of them. 

I don't care, I can't see how anyone can like the NBA brand of basketball. It was OK back in the 70s. The players were so much better then. The officiating is the worst IN ALL SPORTS.

Sincerely,

Scott

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I don't care, I can't see how anyone can like the NBA brand of basketball. It was OK back in the 70s. The players were so much better then. The officiating is the worst IN ALL SPORTS.

Sincerely,

Scott

If you are going to mock me at least be accurate.  It is the 80's and 90's that were better

• Haha 3

Good win for the Celtics tonight over Washington, while missing Kemba, Tristan Thompson, Robert Williams and Grant Williams. 

Tatum with 32 and Brown with 27. Those two are playing at such a high level. 

Real reason for the post is I feel so bad for Langford. He would be getting so much good playing time right now, but instead is basically going to be another lost season. 

• Like 1