NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

At worst this is a lateral move for Indy, at best I think they just got better. 

Don't get me wrong, I love Oladipo, but Lavert is a really, really good player who just keeps getting better. 

One place I saw that Pacers got a lot of draft picks ad well but not sure if true

2 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty comparable. Vic is a career 35% 3-point guy and Levert is 34%. Pacers have plenty of shooters. 

Vic is a better shooter. Levert is younger, healthier, and probably a better long-term fit, especially considering the talk surrounding Vic's contract and interest in other teams, even if the talk was overblown (I think it was but still)

• Like 1

According to here: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30706097/sources-houston-rockets-trade-james-harden-brooklyn-nets

These are the Rockets picks: 

Houston also receives Brooklyn's three unprotected first-round draft picks -- 2022, 2024 and 2026 -- in the deal, plus pick swaps in 2021, 2023, 2025 and 2027, according to sources. The Rockets also get Cleveland's 2022 first-round pick, via the Milwaukee Bucks.

I don't think that Pacers got picks.

So it is 4 picks and 4 swaps... not quite 8 picks!

Edited by GaloisGroupe

I'm going to walk back a bit my initial thinking on Houston. I've been thinking Houston is a mess. Well, it is -- with Harden. 

This may actually end up a win win, for Vic, and the P's. Houston has picks and now without Harden a team that can share the ball better and without the idiotic drama. Interested to see how the Rockets re-shape going forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

It's crazy -- imo -- that Harden and co wanted him to join the Nets, and now has. How many basketballs are on the court?

They could win a title or it could be a complete disaster, but as a Celtics fan I'm pretty confident it will be the latter. 

They'll go on a run early because its new, but come playoff time I can't see this working. 

Just now, BGleas said:

They could win a title or it could be a complete disaster, but as a Celtics fan I'm pretty confident it will be the latter. 

They'll go on a run early because its new, but come playoff time I can't see this working. 

But Kyrie was so good in Boston!

😀

Yeah I imagine in will be 'fun' for them at first. I could be wrong, but I just don't see how Irving, Harden and Durant co-exist well. All are ball dominant, and especially Irving and Harden. I didn't think the Harden-Westbrook experiment would work, this actually looks worse to me.

• Like 1