NBA Thread

If VO remaining a Pacer after he became a FA was a big worry then the pacers did great.  They may even have gotten the best player if Levert can stay healthy.   I don't know if Levert can defend like VO but I think he might be better offensively at this point.  The only players I've seen stopping him since the bubble have been Kyrie and Durant not letting him have the ball. There was no way he would get any shots with Harden joining the team.  Pacer fans should behappy as he is signed a couple years out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can someone tell me Leverts ability to break down defenders and get to the rack?

Need someone that can penetrate for the kick and shoot or get to the rack.  

I think he is very good attacking the basket from what I remember in the bubble last season. I'm getting old so my memory may be off. 

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Can someone tell me Leverts ability to break down defenders and get to the rack?

Need someone that can penetrate for the kick and shoot or get to the rack.  

He's a really good facilitator and shoots quite a bit more short and mid-range shots than Vic. I think he is going to fit in really well for us. 

• Like 2

Wonderful get for the Pacers. Lavert is a 18-5-5 guy all day. Fits our offense better...more willing passer and a much better 3pt shooter. Sad that we traded him for Thad Young to begin with...so we are finally getting him back. He won’t lock down like Dipo but long run we get two years on a team friendly deal for a border line all star caliber player.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

Wonderful get for the Pacers. Lavert is a 18-5-5 guy all day. Fits our offense better...more willing passer and a much better 3pt shooter. Sad that we traded him for Thad Young to begin with...so we are finally getting him back. He won’t lock down like Dipo but long run we get two years on a team friendly deal for a border line all star caliber player.

LaVert is a career 33% 3-point shooter currently shooting 35%. He hit 36% last year. Oladipo is a 35% career 3-pt shooter currently shooting 36%

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

LaVert is a career 33% 3-point shooter currently shooting 35%. He hit 36% last year. Oladipo is a 35% career 3-pt shooter currently shooting 36%

My bad...I don’t know where I got the numbers on him. So basically equal 3pt shooter...equal scorer, rebounder, willing passer and is two years younger and has 3 years left at around 17 million a year...so much cheaper. I think the Pacers even get a 4.5 million trade exception as well out of this. Nice trade for a guy that is leaving and can’t play in back to backs.

• Like 1

Just now, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Rockets may be able to turn Gordon or Oladipo to a contender for more pics. They are neither in long term plans now. Rental for a good team could return assets. Sucks for Vic but he wasn’t coming back to Indiana anyway. 

Dipo may land you something later in the year...nothing crazy I don’t think...Gordon has really struggled with injuries...not sure what he could get you.

Just now, dgambill said:

Dipo may land you something later in the year...nothing crazy I don’t think...Gordon has really struggled with injuries...not sure what he could get you.

Imagine a team like the nuggets or jazz or a top 5 east team needing a rental who have cap space. 2nd round pick for 2 months and potential to win a championship with a good scorer I think would be it. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Imagine a team like the nuggets or jazz or a top 5 east team needing a rental who have cap space. 2nd round pick for 2 months and potential to win a championship with a good scorer I think would be it. 

So Pacers should trade back for him in a couple months for some 2nd rounders?? Lol

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Brooklyn better win it in the next couple of years because they won't have draft picks.or salary space to make moves. Salaries of the big 3 are.

Harden- 40 million

Durant- 39 million

Irving- 34 million

I wonder what Irving thinks about being the third highest paid player there. Being the head case he is. 

23 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Brooklyn better win it in the next couple of years because they won't have draft picks.or salary space to make moves. Salaries of the big 3 are.

Harden- 40 million

Durant- 39 million

Irving- 34 million

I wouldn’t be surprised if Irving is off their books in the near future.  The way he is acting I have read a few articles that his contract could be voided if he continues down the path he is on.  If I was the Nets and KD said he was good with it I would cut KD the moment a lawyer said we could.

• Like 1