NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Irving is off their books in the near future.  The way he is acting I have read a few articles that his contract could be voided if he continues down the path he is on.  If I was the Nets and KD said he was good with it I would cut KD the moment a lawyer said we could.

Durant has to wonder why he left the Warriors for this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1215 said:

Rockets may be able to turn Gordon or Oladipo to a contender for more pics. They are neither in long term plans now. Rental for a good team could return assets. Sucks for Vic but he wasn’t coming back to Indiana anyway. 

Nice return for sure and I can't see rockets keeping him.  It's an expiring contract though and they like to swing for the fences historically.  

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

This is what is killing pro sports with players thinking they are more important than they actually are.  In the NFL you have Watson being upset about not being involved in the choice of the GM

I know its the NBA thread, not NFL, but the Watson thing is puzzling to me because most commentators seem to back Watson. 

The Packers didn't consult Rodgers before hiring LaFleur. You think Belichick ever ran GM hires or any other moves by Brady? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I know its the NBA thread, not NFL, but the Watson thing is puzzling to me because most commentators seem to back Watson. 

The Packers didn't consult Rodgers before hiring LaFleur. You think Belichick ever ran GM hires or any other moves by Brady? 

Tails are wagging the dogs!

• Like 1

Was listening to Justin Termine and Eddie Johnson on NBA radio while out running some errands.  They absolutely trashed both Kyrie and Harden.  I mean it was no holds barred.  Basically implied Durant has the two worst possible teammates in the NBA.  Made it clear that they thought both were cancers to any team.  They said no way Kyrie was going to accept being 3rd fiddle.  In a play on words, they said Durant left the Warriors and the Splash Brothers to play for the Nets and the Dribble Brothers.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I’ll give you one guess why the double standard. Don’t want to get side tracked but the media has been pushing a narrative about the awful owners since all the protests etc. The Houston owner made some comments about the inmates running the asylum or something and ever since he has been painted as a target.

That said Watson has been a model figure and stand up guy in the organization...I’d have much more sympathy to hear him out then the crap Kyrie and Harden pulled.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ll give you one guess why the double standard. Don’t want to get side tracked but the media has been pushing a narrative about the awful owners since all the protests etc. The Houston owner made some comments about the inmates running the asylum or something and ever since he has been painted as a target.

That said Watson has been a model figure and stand up guy in the organization...I’d have much more sympathy to hear him out then the crap Kyrie and Harden pulled.

This type of post was a spectacular way to do the opposite of your stated intention. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This type of post was a spectacular way to do the opposite of your stated intention. 

I tried to be as cryptic as possible...we don’t want another one of “those” threads. But it’s definitely a part of the narrative that is going on in the sports media. I apologize I hope not to derail the thread. I’ll delete my post if it starts anything.

• Like 1

Michael Grady with serious shots at Vic that leads you to believe the blow hards at Indystar.  

"I like Caris LeVert more than I like Victor Oladipo,” Grady said. “I like Caris from a locker room standpoint, I like him from a lack of ego perspective, and I like him from an upside standpoint. He’s low maintenance and about his business. And he understands what it takes to grow in the league.”

Sounds like the Vic we all fell on love with as he grew up except he's describing LeVert.  Probably best that he moved on and it actually helped the Pacers.  Plus since those rumors, he came out this season played his butt off and acted like a good teammate.  Saved face for the Hoosier beloved and helped the Pacers and himself.  Wise move.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I tried to be as cryptic as possible...we don’t want another one of “those” threads. But it’s definitely a part of the narrative that is going on in the sports media. I apologize I hope not to derail the thread. I’ll delete my post if it starts anything.

Is it not fact that Harden had issues with the Rockets ownership leaning?  Oh well.  Too each their own.  I'm glad no team I like or even half way like ending up trading for him.  You can't win big with him.

• Like 1

Was surprised when I saw the Pacers were included in the big Rockets deal yesterday but IMO the Pacers got better with this deal.  Brooklyn well they better win at least one title while the big three is there otherwise you'll be the laughing stock of the NBA for a little while.  I like Houston's team with Wall, Oladipo, Cousins and Wood along with Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker.  

Back to the Pacers trade. Levert was averaging 18.5 pts, 43.5 fg%, 35 3p%,  4.3 rbs, 6 ast this year.  He's on a more friendly deal than vic at about $18 mil per year, two years younger, two inches taller and just entering his prime.  

Biggest question was would Vic get his explosiveness back and based on 9 games he's played in I say yes.  I'd say he's at or close to 95% of his form pre injury.  Vic averaging 19.8 pts, 39.9 fg%, 35.69 3p%, 5.9 rbs, 4.3 ast per game so similar to LeVert.  With these stats and most of his explosiveness returning he was set to make imo at least $28 to $31 mil per year next off season.  The Pacers would not give that big of a contract due to the fact of other contracts on the team AND the friction that had been ongoing

I love Vic and wish him the best but this was best for both teams.  The Pacers got better IMO, younger freed up some cap space for this year and the future.  A starting 5 of Brogdon/LeVert/Warren/Sabonis/Turner with Holiday bros/Doug/Goga and Lamb off of the bench will be trouble for alot of teams.  People that slept on Myles Turner in the off-season, well I won't go there as some thought he was just an average player compared to other centers in the league.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I think that's part of the reason for the trade. To satisfy KD in case they cut with bait with Kylie. 

Yeah.  I'm wondering if the Big 3 ever take the floor together.  Kyrie may be done in Brooklyn.  If so, I hope there is no team stupid enough to give him another chance.  But, there will be.  

• Like 2

Just now, 5fouls said:

Yeah.  I'm wondering if the Big 3 ever take the floor together.  Kyrie may be done in Brooklyn.  If so, I hope there is no team stupid enough to give him another chance.  But, there will be.  

I don't forsee them playing together. I have a feeling LBJ would not mind the big 3 making it to the Finals assuming  the Lakers make it, to show KI who is capable of making a big shot. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

@dwtaylor1055

My only concern with the Pacers is toughness. They need one more dude who's tough as nails like sabonis other than that they've got a bunch of finesse players which is okay in this modern NBA but they are 28th in rebounding and that will and has cost them games.

Agree.  I think once Goga returns and gets some mins you see our rebounding improve some.  Have you seen when he plans to join the team yet?

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Agree.  I think once Goga returns and gets some mins you see our rebounding improve some.  Have you seen when he plans to join the team yet?

haven't heard anything I'm seeing that he's listed as day-to-day but doubtful for for tonight.  He shows some promise and maybe some toughness but he's only 21 years old and very inexperienced as far as the NBA goes. I wonder if the bulls would buy out thad young later in the season and we could snatch him heading into the playoffs for cheap he could come here and retire.

Edited by NotIThatLives

53 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

haven't heard anything I'm seeing that he's listed as day-to-day but doubtful for for tonight.  He shows some promise and maybe some toughness but he's only 21 years old and very inexperienced as far as the NBA goes. I wonder if the bulls would buy out thad young later in the season and we could snatch him heading into the playoffs for cheap he could come here and retire.

yeah Goga is unproven but I think he could be at a min a solid rotational big and should say Turner ever get moved Goga over time could develop and turn into a very good player but only time will tell with him.  

Thad is a good question,  brings good defense and would be a good fit off the bench along with Aaron, Justin, Doug , Lamb and Goga.