NBA Thread

5 minutes ago, addictedtoIU said:

A major TV network should do a reality show with the Nets. It's going to be a lot more fun than the basketball they play. Nets may not win the championship but they can make sh!t load of money. 

How long is gonna be before Brooklyn moves to L.A.?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Is it not fact that Harden had issues with the Rockets ownership leaning?  Oh well.  Too each their own.  I'm glad no team I like or even half way like ending up trading for him.  You can't win big with him.

Well...if you don’t mean win big like win a game with a “big” 300lb shooting guard running your team then no...no you can’t.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Other than I'm white and no beard, looks like me out there

Lol...a lot of us could say that. I’m not that big ...but still carrying more weight then I need to at 6’1 and 205...but my issue is my knees are shot. I can barely play a game or two to 21 anymore before they hurt too much to continue. That said I see guys built like him play that old man type ball and they use their body to shield defenders off and just are crafty...maybe James will reinvent himself lol. Hero to all church league ballers!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, D-BONE said:

Does the fact that the Dipo/LeVert part of the Harden mega deal has been all over the media/internet but not yet announced by either of the teams seem fishy to anybody?

Not really, physicals have to take place even though they have been playing for their previous teams.  Plus both are on road trips I believe. (I know the pacers are)

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers with a big win beating Portland 111-87. Portland is like the 3rd highest scoring team and yo hold them to 87 is huge. The game before they held the Warriors to 95 points.  Pacers was basically without two starters.  Also this is the first time the Pacers won at Portland in 13 years.

That's a good sign defensively.  And guess what.  They have gotten 50 rebounds both games.  

• Like 1

Kyrie gets hammered by the League -- to forfeit $816,898 in salary (2 games) and pay $50,000 in fines for violating Covid protocols. https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30717575/kyrie-irving-fined-50000-rejoin-brooklyn-nets-saturday-five-day-quarantine

Ironically, Harden and Irving are the only 2 players to be fined for health and safety violations...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://clutchpoints.com/pacers-rumors-victor-oladipo-turned-down-lucrative-extension-before-rockets-trade/?fbclid=IwAR1lgTiWCMw96E17nYuAALf9qBIkRlLdUWwXAXl0XkMvn1006QV4x7Lgoz0

Appears Pacers made one more attempt to lock in Vic with what I believe to be a very good offer and were denied, thus pulled the trigger knowing he was not going to resign.  Good for them.  

Edited by IUALUM03
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

https://clutchpoints.com/pacers-rumors-victor-oladipo-turned-down-lucrative-extension-before-rockets-trade/?fbclid=IwAR1lgTiWCMw96E17nYuAALf9qBIkRlLdUWwXAXl0XkMvn1006QV4x7Lgoz0

Appears Pacers made one more attempt to lock in Vic with what I believe to be a ver good offer and we’re denied, this pulled the trigger knowing he was not going to resign.  Good for them.  

I’ll be surprised if he gets more money anywhere else.  Vic had a chance to be a Indiana Legend and chose to worry about his “brand” instead.  Best of luck Vic but you made a mistake in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I’ll be surprised if he gets more money anywhere else.  Vic had a chance to be a Indiana Legend and chose to worry about his “brand” instead.  Best of luck Vic but you made a mistake in my opinion.

That was certainly risky but look at Hayward.  He barely proved he was back and grabbed 34 mil a year.  He's been injured twice already this year.  The nba is crazy.  Someone will pay him more.  I give it a 51% chance, more if he stays healthy.  He'll probably score more with rockets which will also boost his value.