NBA Thread

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

The extra compensation sound like he will miss a good chunk of the season though. You don’t get part of his salary paid and extra draft pick if he isn’t going to miss decent amount of time.

Hoping for an easy biopsy.  My dad had something strange show up on a ct scan that was on an internal rib.  Dr gave up on the biopsy and said we will just keep an eye on it annually.  

Really hoping for the kids sake this is nothing/benign.  

• Like 3

Vic thanks Pacers fans following his trade to the Rockets. Wouldn't be so quick to bash Vic, there's also a link to the underlying contract talks and the Pacers taking advantage of his hot start.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2021/01/17/pacers-news-victor-oladipo-thanks-pacers-fans-he-moves/4199991001/?utm_source=indystar-Indiana Pacers&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=baseline&utm_term=hero

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Vic thanks Pacers fans following his trade to the Rockets. Wouldn't be so quick to bash Vic, there's also a link to the underlying contract talks and the Pacers taking advantage of his hot start.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/pacers/2021/01/17/pacers-news-victor-oladipo-thanks-pacers-fans-he-moves/4199991001/?utm_source=indystar-Indiana Pacers&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=baseline&utm_term=hero

I can't dislike VIC. I think he received some bad advice but I love the way he plays. After PG scorned us I swore no more jerseys for us but I bought 2 Vic jerseys 2 years ago for my boys. Between all our favorite players and teams LBJ and TY Hilton are the only jerseys we have that are current. 

Ayden has a jersey collection of about 50 jerseys most picked up from Once upon a child for about 5 bucks each 

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

This Brooklyn Milwaulkie game has been really good.

I’m really interested to see if this Harden - Kyrie - KD experiment works or flops.  I thought the Harden - Westbrook experiment would fail, there’s only 1 basketball. I think this experiment will fail too because I don’t see how Kyrie and Harden’s games can mesh well. Ball dominant, and KD is as well. But I do think, like tonight, that Harden and KD are dangerous, and I kind of think the 3 will do well early on, on the energy, but I think it goes South. But I could be wrong, interested to watch it play out 

1 minute ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I’m really interested to see if this Harden - Kyrie - KD experiment works or flops.  I thought the Harden - Westbrook experiment would fail, there’s only 1 basketball. I think this experiment will fail too because I don’t see how Kyrie and Harden’s games can mesh well. Ball dominant, and KD is as well. But I do think, like tonight, that Harden and KD are dangerous, and I kind of think the 3 will do well early on, on the energy, but I think it goes South. But I could be wrong, interested to watch it play out 

KD doesn’t mind playing without the ball honestly. Harden Irving will be interesting though. I mean Harden played with Chris Paul so it can work.

21 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Vic picking right up with the Rockets, 13-23 for 32 points, 9 assists, 5 boards (did have 7 TO's). 

Kind of cool to see him playing with EJ -- Gordon back, went 9-17 for 21. Two all time IU greats on the floor together.

Rockets are missing a piece, but not far off from being a pretty good squad given time.

Saw on highlights a great pass out from EJ to Vic for the 3. I hope both play well. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Agree, but CP3 and Kyrie are 2 very different players. Will be interesting for sure 

Kyrie played without the ball quite a bit with Lebron...he has played more a sg position quite a bit. Obviously ego will be huge. Durant is pretty dang unselfish....not sure about the other two...I’m sure if things go well it will work ok but Kyrie and Harden probably will have words if they start losing. 

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Kyrie played without the ball quite a bit with Lebron...he has played more a sg position quite a bit. Obviously ego will be huge. Durant is pretty dang unselfish....not sure about the other two...I’m sure if things go well it will work ok but Kyrie and Harden probably will have words if they start losing. 

Harden is not LeBron. Like I said I could be wrong, but Harden and Kyrie are ball dominant dudes and Kyrie is a head case. Then there’s Kyrie’s awful experience in Boston, not to mention his bizarre behavior so far this year. But for sure the talent is unquestionable, so we’ll see.

Harden is a wild player.  He's so ball dominant but yet he does pass and passes really well.  He hasn't averaged under 7.5 assists per game in going on 6 seasons.  This season with a bunch of guys he didn't want to play with he averages 10 and in 2 games with the nets he's killing it averaging 13.  

Kyrie's beat year with Lebron was a 6.1.  best season was with celtics at 6.9.  He thinks too highly of himself.  

Edited by NotIThatLives
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Harden is a wild player.  He's so ball dominant but yet he does pass and passes really well.  He hasn't averaged under 7.5 assists per game in going on 6 seasons.  This season with a bunch of guys he didn't want to play with he averages 10 and in 2 games with the nets he's killing it averaging 13.  

Kyrie's beat year with Lebron was a 6.1.  best season was with celtics at 6.9.  He thinks too highly of himself.  

Think about this....out of the three who do you think is the best 3pt shooter??? Hint his name doesn’t start with a D or an H.

Kyrie is almost a 40% 3pt shooter...he can play off the ball just fine...but with those 3 not only are they all incredible scorers they all are perhaps the best 1-1 players in the game. Harden and Kyrie are perhaps the two best ball handlers in the league. Let’s see what happens...no matter what it should be epic lol.

Can the Mavs/pacers game be a 2 on 2 with Sabonis/Brogdon vs Luka/KP? 

I assume Levert, Warren, and Turner are out. 

The Mavs are made up of their G-League guys, KP, Luka and few of their secondary bench guys.  Maybe Hardaway will play with his injured groin and shoot 0 for 12. I expect that DFS, Maxi, Richardson and Powell won't play though richardson may have a shot to return. 

• Like 1