NBA Thread

Was looking at some NBA stats over lunch, here are some pretty crazy ones at this point

- Jokic Leads the League in assists/game at 10. Crazy, 6'11 Center w/10 apg?? and Doncic is at 9.5

- Sabonis leads the League in mpg at 37.8 - workhorse

- PG and Luke Kennard, teammates both are shooting over 50% on treys

- Myles Turner leads the League by a wide margin at 4.2 blocks/game (12 games)

- Andre Drummond is averaging 15 rebounds/game

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BGleas said:

I don't see what one has to do with the other?

WIth that said, don't talk bad about my guy #8. Maybe didn't pan out fully, but he was still a 3-time All-Star and was a starter on the first D-Wade team that won a title in Miami. 

Good dude too! He always got to know the front office staff and would get to know us, take you out for dinner on the road, etc. Not many guys do that. 

Ha...no wonder he ran out of money lol. I was just joking since he was a UK guy lol.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Ha...no wonder he ran out of money lol. I was just joking since he was a UK guy lol.

Haha, yeah ho took about 10 of out in Indy one night on a playoff trip where we were there for 3 days, the bill was a few grand. He had some UK stories, was hilarious. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

Just saw the tail end of the Raptors vs. Pacers game. Saw where OG had 30 ps. and 8 rebounds with 5 steals. 

Sigh....  What could have been.....

Yeah - this is what I’ve been saying, he had to play as a primary scorer, and look how he did. OG is absolutely right there, it’s just that he plays a role on the a raptors. When asked to play as a primary option scorer, he has killed it 

OG also currently 2nd overall in steals per game, just ahead of Kawhi ...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jefftheref said:

Is Yogi playing somewhere and what about Romeo?

Langford has been recovering from surgery on his hand/wrist since the bubble. Should be back in February. 

It's unfortunate because he would have been getting a lot of minutes here early in the season. 

• Like 1

I have to say I have been wrong about Myles Turner because he is playing very well this season.  He has really stepped up since the VO trade and have scored better. Pacers can't catch a break because they are already without two starters(Lavert, Warren) now Sabonis went out of the game tonight and will miss the rest of the game.  They are playing at home against Toronto and they are in a defensive battle at half with the Pacers up 70-60

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I have to say I have been wrong about Myles Turner because he is playing very well this season.  He has really stepped up since the VO trade and have scored better. Pacers can't catch a break because they are already without two starters(Lavert, Warren) now Sabonis went out of the game tonight and will miss the rest of the game.  They are playing at home against Toronto and they are in a defensive battle at half with the Pacers up 70-60

Pacers pulled it out - what I noticed is with Lowry back OG took only 8 shots (and went 4-8) while Lowry went like 2-11 and Toronto is back to losing. (no Siakim but will be interesting to see if they keep playing OG in only a supporting role player role as Lowry and Siakim get back).
OG is recognized in Toronto, just got the nice contract and they’re gradually increasing his offensive role (kind of like Kawhi’s gradual move into primary scorer in on Spurs), but he can do so much more than he’s tasked to do right now.