NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

He really laid it on thick in his interview after the game.  Said everyone keeps giving up on him and he just wants to prove them wrong.  Nobody in Indiana gave up on him, he gave up on the organization.  Sounds like Vic is nothing more than a drama king.

I’ve loved the kid...and super happy for his success! Just fame can change a dude. Grass isn’t always greener...think he will regret not signing long term in Indy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ve loved the kid...and super happy for his success! Just fame can change a dude. Grass isn’t always greener...think he will regret not signing long term in Indy.

I loved him before he came to the pacers and during but not after.  He’s soured me they we he’s acted in the bubble and now this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbmhoosier said:

I've been wondering that.  Stevens is a fabulous coach but I think the Celtics are a terrible fit for Romeo.

I actually think it’s a good fit for him. He is very very young but he is on a veteran team and would have a defined roll/position carved out for him by Stevens. He has Brown, Kemba, Tatum to play off of and around...really open the floor up for him and take attention away. He can focus on defense that Archie really benefited him by instilling at IU and being a guy that can get to that mid range jumper or even all the way to the rim with his length and first step. Injuries have killed his confidence. I just hope when he gets back he doesn’t just stand in the corner waiting to shoot 3s. He needs to be aggressive looking to get that little runner or 12 foot jumper. Build his game back from there on out.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers is on the verge of blowin a 20 point lead.  With 4 minutes to go in the 3rd Pacers were up 95-75. Now with 3:16 in the 4th Pacers are up 106-104.  The Sixers is even without Embid

This is why I just can't get into the Pacers. I saw they were up big earlier. I came here now and saw this thread had a new post, and without even seeing the post, I knew it was going to be someone commenting that they had blown that lead. 

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Wow the Pacers ended up losing 119-110.  Pacers held them to 18 in the first quarter but gave up 101 in the last 3 quarters.  Pacers defense is horrendous and couldn't make a stop in the 4th and was outscored 37-14 in the 4th

Pacers had nothing on the Nets last night. Nets gave up an 18 point lead and 6 in the final 4 seconds to lose lol 

• Like 2

I guess the Pacers left everything in Indiana last night.  They are down 57-35 with 6 minutes to go in the half.  They always say it is not always who you play but when you play them.  Last night on rest we blew away Memphis who played the night before and they had a 7 game game winning streak.  Tonight we are playing back to back at Milwaukee who did not play last night.

32 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

No real fight from the Pacers last night.  I expect them to hover around the 4/5 seed until LeVert and Warren returns.  When they both return and Goga still learning and getting better this team will not be a first round exit.  THey should at a min make the 2nd rd and be competitive in the 2nd rd.  

Partially agree. Really would need to move up to top 3 in the conference before I'd think they're headed to the 2nd round. Do you see them beating whoever finishes lowest of PHI, MIL, BKN, or BOS if they're a 4/5 seed? I don't.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well last night the Pacers defense wasn't good

I haven’t watched a ton of nba this year...but I couldn’t find a college game to watch and what I saw was pathetic. I’d be embarrassed to get paid to play with that little emotion and effort. Should give their game pay back.

Edited by dgambill