NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So bad. 

I thought IU missed a lot of layups but the Pacers missed 7 shots within 3 feet in the last 5 minutes and OT.  Sabonis had a little 3 foot shot from the left block but did not use the board and the ball bounced out.

You lose at home to the Bulls 120-113 in OT.   The Bulls are horrible and can't lose to them at home.  The Pacers are now 7-9 at home and they just play bad at home.

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought IU missed a lot of layups but the Pacers missed 7 shots within 3 feet in the last 5 minutes and OT.  Sabonis had a little 3 foot shot from the left block but did not use the board and the ball bounced out.

You lose at home to the Bulls 120-113 in OT.   The Bulls are horrible and can't lose to them at home.  The Pacers are now 7-9 at home and they just play bad at home.

3-7 in their last 10. 

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

Are the nuggets the only team in the NBA where their best player is a big man?

Who would be next?  

Knicks with Randle.  Iu is the knicks.

Not at all IMO

76ers - Embiid

Bucks - Giannis

Cavs - Drummond

Jazz - Gobert (debatable vs. Mitchell)

Magic - Vucevic

Pacers - Sabonis

Pelicans - Williamson

Rockets - Wood (debatable)

Timberwolves - Towns

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cybergates said:

Not at all IMO

76ers - Embiid

Bucks - Giannis

Cavs - Drummond

Jazz - Gobert (debatable vs. Mitchell)

Magic - Vucevic

Pacers - Sabonis

Pelicans - Williamson

Rockets - Wood (debatable)

Timberwolves - Towns

How did I forget Embiid lol.  If IU surrounded Trayce with shooters they could be Bucksish.  Unfortunately we are Knicksish.  

So that list only furthers my point I was thinking in my head.  If your lead guy is a big that struggles to shoot and isn't surrounded by tons of shooters, you will be middle of the road at best, at any level.  

9 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

How did I forget Embiid lol.  If IU surrounded Trayce with shooters they could be Bucksish.  Unfortunately we are Knicksish.  

So that list only furthers my point I was thinking in my head.  If your lead guy is a big that struggles to shoot and isn't surrounded by tons of shooters, you will be middle of the road at best, at any level.  

Except the Knick's are a playoff team and less than a game out of the Pacers who have the 4th seed.  That said it's not a good comparison because of the fact that TJD is so limited and can't shoot. Randle is shooting 41% from 3 on 4 attempts per game. 

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Except the Knick's are a playoff team and less than a game out of the Pacers who have the 4th seed.  That said it's not a good comparison because of the fact that TJD is so limited and can't shoot. Randle is shooting 41% from 3 on 4 attempts per game. 

Well middle of the road with low upside.  Is that fair?  Same with Sabonis and Pacers except Sabonis is at least dang near elite passer for a big.  

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Well middle of the road with low upside.  Is that fair?  Same with Sabonis and Pacers except Sabonis is at least dang near elite passer for a big.  

Without Warren and Levert I agree on the Pacers. The problem with what IU does on offense isn't that they give it to TJD so much it's how and when they do it. IU has guys that can shoot they just don't do it enough because of their pace of play and their layer development is terrible. 

• Like 1