NBA Thread

22 minutes ago, rico said:

Just fail to see how you put Woodson on your legends list, but not Vic.  

Doesn't matter back to NBA chat.

I think if Vic would have made a final four or came back for his senior season no doubt would feel differently. To me Woodson was a stud from day 1 to his last and kinda bridged the gap from 76 championship to our 81 setting us up for success. Who knows what he would have accomplished fully healthy his last year. He did win us an NIT when they still meant something. Vic is close for me...guess I’m just bitter that when push came to shove that team underachieved.

Edited by dgambill

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So @BGleasdid Boston improve or are they trying to force Brad to IU? Because I can’t for the life of me figure out Danny Ainge.

I think it remains to be seen. From most accounts, Ainge made a run at both Aaron Gordon and Vucivic from Orlando, but the price was too high. 

So, they got Fournier (19ppg, 3pt shooter) for basically 2 second round picks. In the other deal (Theis, Teague and Green) Thies is a tough loss but they needed to shed salary and Robert Williams has been a beast the last month or so and needs more playing time. 

Also, Payton Pritchard has been a great late first round pick, so he and Teague were splitting time, and finally Green is end of the bench fodder. 

I personally like the moves, but no it doesn't make them better than Brooklyn and it might not even move them up a seed.

But, everyone is eating up Miami getting Oladipo, but I think there's a scenario that Fournier works out with the Celtics better.

We'll see. Certainly no game-changing moves though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think it remains to be seen. From most accounts, Ainge made a run at both Aaron Gordon and Vucivic from Orlando, but the price was too high. 

So, they got Fournier (19ppg, 3pt shooter) for basically 2 second round picks. In the other deal (Theis, Teague and Green) Thies is a tough loss but they needed to shed salary and Robert Williams has been a beast the last month or so and needs more playing time. 

Also, Payton Pritchard has been a great late first round pick, so he and Teague were splitting time, and finally Green is end of the bench fodder. 

I personally like the moves, but no it doesn't make them better than Brooklyn and it might not even move them up a seed.

But, everyone is eating up Miami getting Oladipo, but I think there's a scenario that Fournier works out with the Celtics better.

We'll see. Certainly no game-changing moves though. 

Yeah I thought they would do more with young guys at the end and with the trade exception. Fournier is underwhelming to me. I know he adds 3 pt shooting but he played on the worst team in the nba...I know you needed that punch but I guess I was underwhelmed. I do like Timelord but wonder if he can stay out of foul trouble and play those extra minutes efficiently as he has his limited time. Good luck. I just think he is kinda expecting too much from what he has. 

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My monthly check back in. Do the Pacers have something going in 4th quarter? Or are these scoring droughts happening all year? I'm not sure if the team is healthy yet but 4 under .500 isn't good. No matter how you slice it.

Just lacking fire power and continuity I think. Lavert has struggled since his return. Without Warren I don't see them making the playoffs honestly. Not sure why they didn't try to move McConnell who has been a spark plug and McDormet. Both could have netted 2nd rd picks maybe a late first rd pick to the right playoff team. But as usual Pacers management are too conservative and would rather fight for an 8 seed then prepare for the future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just lacking fire power and continuity I think. Lavert has struggled since his return. Without Warren I don't see them making the playoffs honestly. Not sure why they didn't try to move McConnell who has been a spark plug and McDormet. Both could have netted 2nd rd picks maybe a late first rd pick to the right playoff team. But as usual Pacers management are too conservative and would rather fight for an 8 seed then prepare for the future.

Because they rather have those players and a 2nd round pick who for the most part don't turn into anything.  Also remember 10 teams make the playoffs now so they will probably make it.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Because they rather have those players and a 2nd round pick who for the most part don't turn into anything.  Also remember 10 teams make the playoffs now so they will probably make it.

Those players are on expiring contracts yes? So they could just re-sign after the year. Picks are picks...and this year the draft will be deep imo. They might make a play in game...but to me if they aren't in the REAL playoffs then they aren't in the playoffs. It isn't like they are making gate money from selling out playoff tickets or anything.

So weird, OG got ejected tonight. He sort of half-heartedly and lightly body slammed Dennis Schroeder. 

Just a weird thing. OG lifted him up in the air and then sort of just laid him down on the ground. Then Schroeder went after him and OG had this "what did I do?" look on his face. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

So weird, OG got ejected tonight. He sort of half-heartedly and lightly body slammed Dennis Schroeder. 

Just a weird thing. OG lifted him up in the air and then sort of just laid him down on the ground. Then Schroeder went after him and OG had this "what did I do?" look on his face. 

I’ll have to see that lol...so weird sounding.

Also your Celtics looked terrible last night. Brad may regret his decision because trusting Ainge to give him the right pieces...they may both end up on the chopping block if they have another year like this one.

18 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I’ll have to see that lol...so weird sounding.

Also your Celtics looked terrible last night. Brad may regret his decision because trusting Ainge to give him the right pieces...they may both end up on the chopping block if they have another year like this one.

Not worried about the Celtics. This is a throw away year. They've been hit with injuries and Covid as much as anyone. 

I honestly can't remember the last time Tristan Thompson played because of Covid protocols. Fournier is out again because of protocols. Tatum missed time having Covid, and Brown, Kemba and Smart have all missed time with injuries. 

It's just one of those years. It happens. 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Not worried about the Celtics. This is a throw away year. They've been hit with injuries and Covid as much as anyone. 

I honestly can't remember the last time Tristan Thompson played because of Covid protocols. Fournier is out again because of protocols. Tatum missed time having Covid, and Brown, Kemba and Smart have all missed time with injuries. 

It's just one of those years. It happens. 

Yep...might seem like a throw away year for fans but there is no such thing for coaches (ask Archie) but a lot of teams can say the same thing. Injuries/covid....but you have to admit...something doesn't look right with Boston....I know I know...but it just doesn't seem like the same team that all bought into Brad. Wondering if they have just heard enough...tuning him out. I mean even effort wise. I always defer to you of course but as an outsider with no motives it just seems to be more than just talent and yes personnel needs improved but its also like guys that have been there...they just don't seem to be focused.

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Had to see the OG thing....it’s even weirder than I thought.. funny! Scroeder looks like an 8th grader in the vid lol...OG is like was like brushing off a bug lol

That's insane.  I don't know why everyone feels like they have to fight.  OG is pretty laid back...anyone who's watched him at all knows that.  Maybe he's thinking of a second career in MMA.  I'd definitely watch that.

Just laugh it off, dude.  Otherwise, you look like a fool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2