NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Oh yeah, there is a bunch of guys that weren't high picks that are "stars."

Weren't John Stockton and Karl Malone both mid to late 1st Rd. picks?

Lots of examples Pascal Siakam, Brogdon, Jarami Grant...seems to always be a guy go post lottery that makes a good player. Just hard to identify.

• Like 1

Pacers injuries be are ridiculous.  Tonight they are without Turner, Sabonis, Goga, Lamb, Mcdermott, Warren with injuries and Sampson with a suspension.  Watching this game with OKC is probably like watching a G league game.  I haven't heard of most of the players who ate playing OKC and some of the Pacers who are playing wouldn't normally get into games.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers injuries be are ridiculous.  Tonight they are without Turner, Sabonis, Goga, Lamb, Mcdermott, Warren with injuries and Sampson with a suspension.  Watching this game with OKC is probably like watching a G league game.  I haven't heard of most of the players who ate playing OKC and some of the Pacers who are playing wouldn't normally get into games.

Sounds like our roster after the malice in the palace years ago. Of course I tickets to the Orlando game like literally a couple nights after it. I think Reggie was out with a hand injury at the time and then we had like 6 bench scrubs eligible to play. I had bought tickets for my 4 brothers and my dad to enjoy a family night together in Indy etc.....Dwight Howard must have went off for like 40pts it felt like.....and our leading scorer was Fred Young lol. It actually was a pretty competitive game to be honest but so disappointing to miss out on seeing all the stars....must be what these poor little kids feel like when they go to watch Kawhai and Durant and all their heroes with their dad and get gutted. NBA has a REAL problem!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, rico said:

Zeller's NBA career has not gone the way I envisioned it.

For whatever reason his jumper from high school never ever developed, not even really a little bit.  Zeller is a good screener and pretty good rebounder.  His defensive stats are pretty good for a big man that doesn't get a lot of blocks.  

If he could have had some sort of jumpshot out to 15-20', I think he would have had a different career. As it is, dude has still made a bunch of money and will stick around the league for many years to come.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 812hoosier said:

For whatever reason his jumper from high school never ever developed, not even really a little bit.  Zeller is a good screener and pretty good rebounder.  His defensive stats are pretty good for a big man that doesn't get a lot of blocks.  

If he could have had some sort of jumpshot out to 15-20', I think he would have had a different career. As it is, dude has still made a bunch of money and will stick around the league for many years to come.

Would he have had a different career with a different team?

3 hours ago, rico said:

Would he have had a different career with a different team?

Honestly I think he has been pretty lucky to play on a bad team. Think he also has been saved because they invested a high draft pick in him. Does just enough to be semi effective but every year his lack of jumper gets exposed a little more and more. He isn't bad though...just a product of the time. Funny...compare him to Thomas Bryant...and the leap Thomas has made because he was able to develop a shot. Both have suffered with a lot of injuries but Bryant could be pretty special if he would stay healthy..thought he was really going to break out this year.

• Like 2