NBA Thread

33 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Romeo starting today for the Celts - has not left the corner so far.

I really think the Knicks can push a team in the playoffs - they're a tough squad.

I'm hoping the Celts can play tough because we could be looking at a playoff where every single series, sans the 1/8 in the East, is a stellar series this postseason. 

Literally, all he ever does is just stand on the corner. Its almost like he's afraid to be aggressive, even in a lineup with 3 undrafted guys he just stands there. 

This upcoming offseason is probably the most important moment in Langford's career. First, its his first healthy one on three years, bit also if he doesn't develop a jumper and some semblance of ball handling skills and a left hand, he might be destined for the G League. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Literally, all he ever does is just stand on the corner. Its almost like he's afraid to be aggressive, even in a lineup with 3 undrafted guys he just stands there. 

This upcoming offseason is probably the most important moment in Langford's career. First, its his first healthy one on three years, bit also if he doesn't develop a jumper and some semblance of ball handling skills and a left hand, he might be destined for the G League. 

I could see him being included in a deal, to be honest.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I could see him being included in a deal, to be honest.  

Same. The Celtics need to upgrade they're depth and I could definitely see him included in a deal. At this point I'd guess a team would want Nesmith over Langford and Ainge would want to keep Nesmith. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Julius Randle’s emergence has been one of the more surprising player developments in recent years.  I thought he leveled off at a tier lower but he’s been really good, at an all league level.  I wouldn’t have called that.  

Goes to show you can develop a shot your chances of being successful in the league skyrockets. He also probably cut like 20lbs of fat off his body too. Hard work paid off.

• Like 1

I see that LeVert is out for the Pacers play-in game tonight. I would imagine the season can't get over fast enough for them lol. I haven't watched them this season but from checking the headlines every once in awhile it seems everything that can gone wrong has.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Take a look at the final NBA regular season stats and key notes for the nine former Hoosiers who saw action in the league in 2020-21.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/how-former-iu-basketball-players-are-performing-in-the-nba-end-of-regular-season-edition/

Rough year to be a Hoosier in the league. Some are on the downside of their career but a couple I think have bright futures.

14 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Looks like the Hornets did not want to play in this games against the Pacers.  Pacers up 69-45 at the half.

Hornets looked disinterested and ready to go fishing....that was a sad excuse for a playoff game! Pacers treated it as such and Charlotte not so much. Hard to believe any Michael Jordan team would find that acceptable. Was kinda hoping for a Boston V Pacer matchup....now I kinda just hope we lose and get a lottery pick lol.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Hornets looked disinterested and ready to go fishing....that was a sad excuse for a playoff game! Pacers treated it as such and Charlotte not so much. Hard to believe any Michael Jordan team would find that acceptable. Was kinda hoping for a Boston V Pacer matchup....now I kinda just hope we lose and get a lottery pick lol.

The thing is though, the winner of the 'Cers/Wizards game is an Embiid injury away from a winnable second round series. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Lakers/Dubs was a HELLUVA game. I just don't understand how anyone can be a basketball fan and not have loved watching that. 

It was a very good game...could tell both teams understood playoff basketball and he significance of it. The other night you had Charlotte who laid down from the get go. SMH 

I will say this. Andrew Wiggins this year may have finally arrived. He looks very good playing off of Steph and depending how the offseason goes and if Thompson comes back close to his old self...GS will be a top 4 team in the West again. I really think Wiggins has found himself. Impressive year for him...become a much more efficient player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

It was a very good game...could tell both teams understood playoff basketball and he significance of it. The other night you had Charlotte who laid down from the get go. SMH 

I will say this. Andrew Wiggins this year may have finally arrived. He looks very good playing off of Steph and depending how the offseason goes and if Thompson comes back close to his old self...GS will be a top 4 team in the West again. I really think Wiggins has found himself. Impressive year for him...become a much more efficient player.

I agree. He isn't a star and that's okay, I think he has the talent for it but not the personality/drive. He is a very good defensive player that can be an efficient scorer, plays every night and plays hard, he just isn't an alpha. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and you need guys like that if you're going to have an elite team. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I agree. He isn't a star and that's okay, I think he has the talent for it but not the personality/drive. He is a very good defensive player that can be an efficient scorer, plays every night and plays hard, he just isn't an alpha. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that and you need guys like that if you're going to have an elite team. 

Will be interesting to see what GS does this summer. They have a window of time here to get back into championship contention with a prime Steph. A lot will depend on how Klay Thompson is when he comes back. While KD has shown an achilles isn't necessarily debilitating, Klay also had the ACL on the other leg, and for a shooter that relies on his legs and lateral movement on both ends of the court it will be interesting to watch. 

The other big decision will be how do they add another star and can they even do it? If I was GS I'd go all in on the present and try and flip Wiseman and pieces for a star looking for a fresh start (not sure who that is). They need another star and it would push a guy like Wiggins, if you don't have to include him in the deal, into that Harrison Barnes role from the beginning of the dynasty (a guy capable of getting 20pts on any night but also just as capable of disappearing, but in a role where you're not reliant on him). 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Agreed. He struggled on a bad team in Minnesota...having lots of movement and a guy like Steph to draw defenders even just a step away to be in help position and draw their attention...now he has gotten so much more efficient. I mean 38% from 3 is nothing to sneeze at.... efg% of 53% isn't bad at all. Taking less shots, hitting more 3's, and yes he plays darn good defense. If...and big if Klay comes back even 90% of what he was it will just open up even more space on the floor for him to operate. He can fill that Harrison Barnes role (but more efficient) perfectly. Not sure what will happen with the Minnesota pick (only goes to GS if it's outside top 3....right now projects 6th) but a top 5 player might fall to them. Then it comes down to Oubre being a free agent...what do you do there. GS has a small window but man if the right guy falls or they move a sign and trade or something and package the pick...who knows what they could do...an intriguing offseason. Will be watching them and the Celtics most...two teams with most to lose/gain this offseason.

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

Will be interesting to see what GS does this summer. They have a window of time here to get back into championship contention with a prime Steph. A lot will depend on how Klay Thompson is when he comes back. While KD has shown an achilles isn't necessarily debilitating, Klay also had the ACL on the other leg, and for a shooter that relies on his legs and lateral movement on both ends of the court it will be interesting to watch. 

The other big decision will be how do they add another star and can they even do it? If I was GS I'd go all in on the present and try and flip Wiseman and pieces for a star looking for a fresh start (not sure who that is). They need another star and it would push a guy like Wiggins, if you don't have to include him in the deal, into that Harrison Barnes role from the beginning of the dynasty (a guy capable of getting 20pts on any night but also just as capable of disappearing, but in a role where you're not reliant on him). 

That #6 pick I think is almost certain to get packaged in some deal. I also think they try to do a sign and trade of Oubre (they have a history of that) to at least add veteran depth. This draft I think is very strong and should have good talent around the 5/6 pick where it projects to be. I don't see immediate help in this draft but no doubt they could package that pick with either Wiggins or something else. I just think it will be hard for them to find a third or 4th option that defends and gives them what Wiggins does....add say the 17th pick that they also have and things get interesting.....we've talked about Beal getting moved for a long time....might not take much more...especially if you get a third team involved. Beal and Stephs game looks like they would marry up nicely since Steph can play off the ball a lot.

I am hoping after tonight's debacle that the Pacers owner decides to clean house.  Start with the owner who needs to start spending into the luxury tax.  It is time to move on from the front office because his drafting has been horrible.  I was on the fence with the coach but to ight shows he is over his head.  He could not figure out a game plant to stop Washington.  In 4 games Washington averaged over 140 points per game but for the season they only averaged 116 which was 17th in the league.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I am hoping after tonight's debacle that the Pacers owner decides to clean house.  Start with the owner who needs to start spending into the luxury tax.  It is time to move on from the front office because his drafting has been horrible.  I was on the fence with the coach but to ight shows he is over his head.  He could not figure out a game plant to stop Washington.  In 4 games Washington averaged over 140 points per game but for the season they only averaged 116 which was 17th in the league.

Franchise is dead. This season isn't because of injuries either. I don't know exactly what needs to be done but any lay person can see this staff and players don't need to come back in it's entirety. 

• Like 1