NBA Thread

3 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Devin Booker.  Wow dude.  15-22 with 11 boards.  

All the complaining about iso clear out ball clearly haven't watched this clinic.  The ball moves so fast you cant keep up with it, next thing you know its falling through the bottom of the net.  

If you enjoy watching LeBron lose, watch this.   

Suns are a very fun team to watch. Especially when they are playing uptempo. The movement without the ball that them and GS does and a few other teams I think will be the way of the future. It is just so hard to build a team top loaded with superstars and have enough support to win that way...not to mention landing and affording them. Takes almost a perfect storm...so if I had to model my team it would be with that movement in mind.

• Like 1

Is this the year Myles finally ends up in Boston? I think so.  Myles for Smart and Romeo work financially and maybe a 1st from Boston?  Myles is better than Robert Williams and well ya'll know about Tristan Thompson lol

Pacers can't keep running it back.  Injuries will continue to happen.  A change is needed

Edited by dwtaylor1055

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Listen to DD yesterday and he thought Boston should offer a huge offer to Juwan Howard

Yeah, I think he should definitely be on the list. I think he's doubtful though, as I believe he has a son on the team now and another that's maybe a senior in high school that will probably go to Michigan. 

Off the top of my head, my list for the Celtics would be something like Billups, Cassell, Howard, Hammon, Lawson...

9 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Is this the year Myles finally ends up in Boston? I think so.  Myles for Smart and Romeo work financially and maybe a 1st from Boston?  Myles is better than Robert Williams and well ya'll know about Tristan Thompson lol

Pacers can't keep running it back.  Injuries will continue to happen.  A change is needed

Doubtful IMO. Robert Williams had a borderline breakout year and is a very similar player to Turner, if he can stay healthy and minus being a perimeter threat. 

His per 36 minute stats this year were arguably better than Turner's, he had become a starter this year, and I'd expect his minutes to only rise, so not sure adding Turner's salary makes a ton of sense for Boston. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Doubtful IMO. Robert Williams had a borderline breakout year and is a very similar player to Turner, if he can stay healthy and minus being a perimeter threat. 

His per 36 minute stats this year were arguably better than Turner's, he had become a starter this year, and I'd expect his minutes to only rise, so not sure adding Turner's salary makes a ton of sense for Boston. 

Boston can win now and win more or wait to allow younger guys to develop such as Williams or Romeo.  Williams is still developing and likely won't hit his peak for a few more years.  Myles is in his prime now and can step out near the perimeter and shoot.

Sure their Per 36 mins were probably similar, however, there is still unknown with Williams whereas Myles you know what you are getting now and Boston can win now and run with a tandem of Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Myles.  Take away Browns injury and if those four are playing to their potential Boston is still in the playoffs.  

Edited by dwtaylor1055

2 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Boston can win now and win more or wait to allow younger guys to develop such as Williams or Romeo.  Williams is still developing and likely won't hit his peak for a few more years.  Myles is in his prime now and can step out near the perimeter and shoot.

Sure their Per 36 mins were probably similar, however, there is still unknown with Williams whereas Myles you know what you are getting now and Boston can win now and run with a tandem of Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Myles.  Take away Browns injury and if those four are playing to their potential Boston is still in the playoffs.  

I just don't know that Turner is that much better (he is better, but how much?) at this point than Williams to justify the salary increase it would be. Williams isn't that far off right now, he's still getting better but he's not "a couple years away". Assuming health and the trajectory he's been on the last year+, I expect a pretty big season from him next year (relative to his position and role on the team as a defending, rebounding, shot blocker that can switch defensively, etc.)

He was their starting center the last month or so before his injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Will never happen, but every GM in the league must be calling Portland today...

Jaylen Brown/Romeo Langford for Dame Lilliard. Of course the Celtics would have to throw in several picks, and then find a trade partner for Kemba. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y5g7jh6m

Yeah I don't think Portland will move Lillard....probably would try to move CJ first if anything. But hear me out....gotta mega trade for you that might interest you. Both Boston and LA would send picks to Portland...there is something for everyone in that trade...Portland lands a young star plus a stud defender. You guys get to pair up Lillard with Tatum and move off Kemba's contract and yet still had positive veteran defenders and plus shooter. You still have the trade exception to use to fill in around them. LA gets a primary third scoring option that they desperately need to help carry the load for Kawhi and PG....oh and a guy that can continue the commitment to "rest" during the regular season. They would fill in veterans around those 3 primary guys and Thompson is familiar with Lue. I don't know...I don't think any team is super thrilled but none of them seem to be going anywhere and they all need a shake up.

Celtics

Celtics

+5 players ($73.9m), 
Cap Impact - $2.9M
  • Rajon Rondo
    Rajon Rondo
    PG, 6' 1", -1.2 LEBRON
    Secondary Ball Handler

$7.5M

1yr

• Patrick Beverley
    Patrick Beverley
    PG, 6' 1", 0.27 LEBRON
    Stationary Shooter

$14.3M

1yr

• Damian Lillard
    Damian Lillard
    PG, 6' 2", 3.74 LEBRON
    Shot Creator

$39.3M

4yrs

• Ivica Zubac
    Ivica Zubac
    C, 0.06 LEBRON
    Roll + Cut Big
    TE

$7.5M

2yrs

• Luke Kennard
    Luke Kennard
    SG, 6' 5", -2.46 LEBRON
    Movement Shooter

$12.7M

4yrs

+1  Wins

-5.82  MPG

+0.39  Off.

-2.41  Def.

Clippers

Clippers

+2 players ($45.7m), 
Cap Impact + $3.6M
  • Tristan Thompson
    Tristan Thompson
    PF, 6' 9", 0.04 LEBRON
    Roll + Cut Big

$9.7M

1yr

• Kemba Walker
    Kemba Walker
    PG, 1.69 LEBRON
    Primary Ball Handler

$36.0M

3yrs

+1  Wins

-25.79  MPG

+4.13  Off.

+0.95  Def.

Trail Blazers

Trail Blazers

+2 players ($38.7m), 
Cap Impact - $675K
  • Marcus Smart
    Marcus Smart
    SG, 6' 3", 0.43 LEBRON
    Primary Ball Handler

$13.8M

1yr

• Jaylen Brown
    Jaylen Brown
    SG, 6' 6", 0.23 LEBRON
    Movement Shooter

$24.8M

3yrs

-3  Wins

+31.61  MPG

-4.52  Off.

+1.46  Def.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I don't think Portland will move Lillard....probably would try to move CJ first if anything. But hear me out....gotta mega trade for you that might interest you. Both Boston and LA would send picks to Portland...there is something for everyone in that trade...Portland lands a young star plus a stud defender. You guys get to pair up Lillard with Tatum and move off Kemba's contract and yet still had positive veteran defenders and plus shooter. You still have the trade exception to use to fill in around them. LA gets a primary third scoring option that they desperately need to help carry the load for Kawhi and PG....oh and a guy that can continue the commitment to "rest" during the regular season. They would fill in veterans around those 3 primary guys and Thompson is familiar with Lue. I don't know...I don't think any team is super thrilled but none of them seem to be going anywhere and they all need a shake up.

Celtics

Celtics

+5 players ($73.9m), 
Cap Impact - $2.9M
  • Rajon Rondo
    Rajon Rondo
    PG, 6' 1", -1.2 LEBRON
    Secondary Ball Handler

$7.5M

1yr

• Patrick Beverley
    Patrick Beverley
    PG, 6' 1", 0.27 LEBRON
    Stationary Shooter

$14.3M

1yr

• Damian Lillard
    Damian Lillard
    PG, 6' 2", 3.74 LEBRON
    Shot Creator

$39.3M

4yrs

• Ivica Zubac
    Ivica Zubac
    C, 0.06 LEBRON
    Roll + Cut Big
    TE

$7.5M

2yrs

• Luke Kennard
    Luke Kennard
    SG, 6' 5", -2.46 LEBRON
    Movement Shooter

$12.7M

4yrs

+1  Wins

-5.82  MPG

+0.39  Off.

-2.41  Def.

Clippers

Clippers

+2 players ($45.7m), 
Cap Impact + $3.6M
  • Tristan Thompson
    Tristan Thompson
    PF, 6' 9", 0.04 LEBRON
    Roll + Cut Big

$9.7M

1yr

• Kemba Walker
    Kemba Walker
    PG, 1.69 LEBRON
    Primary Ball Handler

$36.0M

3yrs

+1  Wins

-25.79  MPG

+4.13  Off.

+0.95  Def.

Trail Blazers

Trail Blazers

+2 players ($38.7m), 
Cap Impact - $675K
  • Marcus Smart
    Marcus Smart
    SG, 6' 3", 0.43 LEBRON
    Primary Ball Handler

$13.8M

1yr

• Jaylen Brown
    Jaylen Brown
    SG, 6' 6", 0.23 LEBRON
    Movement Shooter

$24.8M

3yrs

-3  Wins

+31.61  MPG

-4.52  Off.

+1.46  Def.

There's an interesting deal to be had there. I don't think the Celtics would need Lillard, Rondo, Beverly and Payton Pritchard on their roster, so the pieces might need to be played with, but that's actually an interesting deal. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

There's an interesting deal to be had there. I don't think the Celtics would need Lillard, Rondo, Beverly and Payton Pritchard on their roster, so the pieces might need to be played with, but that's actually an interesting deal. 

Oh no doubt I had to make the money work. Likely would move around some pieces further and Pritchard might have to go to Portland or something and some other young guys to make room for the additions but since you probably can't bring back Fournier maybe Kennard can offset that. I know you wouldn't want to give up both Smart and Brown but if you are getting defensive help from Rondo/Beverly and you still have Romeo maybe the let down isn't so much. With that trade exception (a big one at that it can be broken up into say two mid level guys to help fill out the lineup/bench). Plus Zubac is a big upgrade over Thompson and would pair nicely with allowing Williams to still come along.

A guy I think you should then target would then be Delon Wright...I love this kids game. Does a bit of everything, can run the point letting Lillard play off the ball some...making around 9 million so you could easily move off a young player plus part of that exception for immediate help and Sacramento is always looking for young guys (not sure why they acquired him). Guy is just a winning player and deserves to be on a team going somewhere. He is 6'5 avgs 10pts, 4.4 assist, 4.3 rebs, 1.6 steals on 46% shooting and 37% from 3 80% from the line. All that playing roughly 27 mins a night. Another stat stuffer like Williams but does it with NOTHING being ran for him and certainly not being even a 2nd or 3rd option. A couple guys like that to have around Tatum and Lillard...you don't need another superstar...you got two of the best 1-1 players in the game...just need support around them.