NBA Thread

I really wonder how PG plays tonight. Is the pressure on now that Clippers are expected to win at home or is he just free without Kawhi to go crazy. I felt like the last game they had no expectations with Kawhi out and he had no pressure. Guess we will see.

Edited by dgambill

15 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Well Middleton is scoring 38 on like 14 shots lol…guy is underrated. Simmons isn’t bad per say but come on…35 million and can’t close games…like not even on the floor? He can’t pass, defend, or facilitate from the bench and that is where he is. If they lose tonight he has to be on the trading block. 

Watching Capela maybe we should have a Simmons vs Capela ft contest lol!

Middleton is a nice player, probably 3rd best player on a title team, but if you have to rely on him as your go-to scorer in a 7 game series, you're not winning a title. 

He was good the other night, but he hasn't been good on the road because he's not a superstar. 

I was agreeing with you on Simmons. Doc literally has to call timeouts to get him off the court. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Middleton is a nice player, probably 3rd best player on a title team, but if you have to rely on him as your go-to scorer in a 7 game series, you're not winning a title. 

He was good the other night, but he hasn't been good on the road because he's not a superstar. 

I was agreeing with you on Simmons. Doc literally has to call timeouts to get him off the court. 

Oh I know about Simmons…just emphasizing the point. I really like Middleton…guy guards Durant..shoots a high percentage…hits free throws..I mean you are right I would say on a different team but how he plays next to Giannis he is the perfect complement. Honestly I think they really over paid for Holiday is the bigger issue with the Bucks. I liked him…especially a couple years ago…as the primary scorer on a bad team…not so much with the Bucks. I think they could have done better.

I guess when you drive you can use your off hand like the heisman trophy and just stiff arm anyone…and you can literally use your opponent like a pole in a pole vault to put your arm on his shoulder and pogo over his back to put back a miss. Going to be interesting how they call this.

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

Simmons does a lot of great things. He's a great defender and a great passer/playmaker. 

With that said, I agree with you. In this day and age, and the same goes with Giannis to an extent, you can't win a title when one of two best players can't shoot and can't be relied upon in the 4th quarter. It completely leaves Embiid on an island in big games. 

I don't think the Sixers ever win a title with Ben Simmons as one of their two best players. It's tough for Milwaukee too, are you really relying on Middelton to be your go-to guy in the 4th quarter of NBA Finals games?  

Simmons couldn't even lead LSU to the tournament in college

• Like 1

I wake up to see I was right. Mitchell & co ran out of gas and Terrance Mann just announced his arrival on the scene. LA is at its best attacking and they did that very well in the second half. Utah was on their heels. They just didn’t have the athletes to defend and keep up with them. I don’t think LA has a chance against the Suns but at least they can celebrate making it this far.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Simmons couldn't even lead LSU to the tournament in college

Philly has to wonder what could have been?  They have basically squandered back to back first picks in the draft…Fultz was historically bad but Simmons is looking like they are going to regret almost as much…or at least not moving him when he had value instead of giving him that huge contract.

They could have had a big 3 of Embiid, Tatum, and Jamal Murray. Or Jaylon Brown or B Ingram…I mean wow they have to have regrets. 

I really want the Pacers to tear down and build with draft picks but you know….as bad as we draft we probably wouldn’t end up with anything better.

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Philly has to wonder what could have been?  They have basically squandered back to back first picks in the draft…Fultz was historically bad but Simmons is looking like they are going to regret almost as much…or at least not moving him when he had value instead of giving him that huge contract.

They could have had a big 3 of Embiid, Tatum, and Jamal Murray. Or Jaylon Brown or B Ingram…I mean wow they have to have regrets. 

I really want the Pacers to tear down and build with draft picks but you know….as bad as we draft we probably wouldn’t end up with anything better.

The big one is that they probably could have moved Simmons for Harden. Houston might have done that straight up with some filler thrown in either way. 

Embiid and Harden surrounded by a bunch of shooters. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

The big one is that they probably could have moved Simmons for Harden. Houston might have done that straight up with some filler thrown in either way. 

What did New Orleans ask for AD back in the day…basically the picks that ended up being Brown and Langford and filler? 

Tell you this…what I wouldn’t give to be an owner/gm with no one to appease and could experiment with rosters lol….it always works on nba 2k 😂 

2 hours ago, rico said:

Dame has his heart set on Indy...

Which won’t ever happen…so why not load up on picks and take a shot at landing the next version of Dame or Young or whatever favorite player you have. Pacers should be doing what OKC is doing.
Pacers can build solid regular season teams but without just a ton of luck will never have championship favorite teams. Why couldn’t the heat or bulls back in the day get crushed by injuries like these teams lol..

Edited by dgambill

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Philly has to be aggressive in trying to surround Embiid with more help. He has the knees of a 38 year old nba player…he is a ticking bomb. The window is small with him.   

Was talking to some guys yesterday about the Pacers.  TJ Warren must be more valuable than the new old coach.  He blew up in the bubble but only played 4 games last year due to injury.  I wont be too surprised if the pacers run this think back one more time.  The injuries were literally insane.  The guys that were considered starters only played 8 games together last year, not even counting Warren.  

The pacers blueprint will be like the pistons last run.  

Really really solid all the way around, fringe all stars in 4 or so spots.  They need luck.  They need good health.  Brogden, LeVert, Warren, Sabonis, Turner is a really solid 5.  If all 5 of those dudes stayed healthy, who is on the all star team next year?  Maybe none of them but that would actually be a good thing.  

I wont be mad if anyone gets traded but i doubt its Warren, at 12 mil a year with his last healthy showing being dropping 25 a game in the bubble.  

• Like 1