NBA Thread

28 minutes ago, rico said:

The Hawks' season makes this Pacer fan sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous...

What makes me jealous is that all our best teams coincided with prime MJ and LBJ. The one that didn't ran into the prime Kobe and Shaq....and the other that SHOULD HAVE the malice in the palace ruined it for us (that might have been our best team ever). Looking at the Eastern landscape the past two years....why oh why couldn't it be now.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, rico said:

The guy who wrote that might be the biggest Philadelphia home or ever. There's no way without giving up tons of young players and draft picks that they would ever get Damian Lillard for Ben Simmons.  And what how would they get Lonzo ball and Brandon Ingram I'm literally chuckling at this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, dgambill said:

What makes me jealous is that all our best teams coincided with prime MJ and LBJ. The one that didn't ran into the prime Kobe and Shaq....and the other that SHOULD HAVE the malice in the palace ruined it for us (that might have been our best team ever). Looking at the Eastern landscape the past two years....why oh why couldn't it be now.

We did have those years when Mike stepped away from the game?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

The guy who wrote that might be the biggest Philadelphia home or ever. There's no way without giving up tons of young players and draft picks that they would ever get Damian Lillard for Ben Simmons.  And what how would they get Lonzo ball and Brandon Ingram I'm literally chuckling at this.

It's not realistic, but even if it was Zion and Simmons would be a terrible duo. While Zion isn't as bad of a shooter as Simmons, it would still basically be two point forwards who can't shoot. Imagine how packed the paint would be against the Pels?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, rico said:

We did have those years when Mike stepped away from the game?

Ahhh...yes 1994...not sure we could beat the Rockets but should have gotten past the Knicks that was as good a shot as any as well. 95 I do think the Magic were just a better team than us and still probably weren't beating Houston but yes those two years we had our shot for sure.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It's not realistic, but even if it was Zion and Simmons would be a terrible duo. While Zion isn't as bad of a shooter as Simmons, it would still basically be two point forwards who can't shoot. Imagine how packed the paint would be against the Pels?

Simmons to the Pacers.  I am calling it right now.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, dgambill said:

Ahhh...yes 1994...not sure we could beat the Rockets but should have gotten past the Knicks that was as good a shot as any as well. 95 I do think the Magic were just a better team than us and still probably weren't beating Houston but yes those two years we had our shot for sure.

Pretty sure the Hawks knocked us out one of those years.  Reggie and the orbital injury.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I can throw crap at the wall too...but I don't get paid for it lol....

SUCCESS

76ers

76ers

+2 players ($32.2m), 
Cap Impact - $803K
  • Jeremy Lamb
    Jeremy Lamb
    SG, 6' 5", -0.55 LEBRON
    Secondary Ball Handler

$10.5M

1yr

• Malcolm Brogdon
    Malcolm Brogdon
    PG, 6' 5", 1.32 LEBRON
    Primary Ball Handler

$21.7M

2yrs

+ 0  Wins

+23.35  MPG

+1.59  Off.

-2.99  Def.

Pacers

Pacers

+3 players ($50.9m), 
Cap Impact - $582K
  • Terry Rozier
    Terry Rozier
    PG, 6' 1", 0.18 LEBRON
    Primary Ball Handler

$17.9M

1yr

• Ben Simmons
    Ben Simmons
    PG, 6' 11", 2.17 LEBRON
    Roll + Cut Big

$33.0M

4yrs

• P.J. Washington

TO

P.J. Washington
    PF, 6' 7", -0.47 LEBRON
    Team Option, Stretch Big
    TE

$4.2M

2yrs

+1  Wins

-19.56  MPG

+1.00  Off.

-0.47  Def.

Team Option
P.J. Washington currently has a team option for the Hornets this season. The Hornets may decide to decline their option which would make him an unrestricted free agent. You may accept or decline this option, by default it will be accepted. You may also update his contract to perform actions such as a Sign & Trade.
Hornets

Hornets

+2 players ($23.5m), 
Cap Impact + $1.3M
  • Justin Holiday
    Justin Holiday
    SG, 6' 6", -1.1 LEBRON
    Movement Shooter

$6.0M

2yrs

• Myles Turner
    Myles Turner
    C, 6' 11", 1.68 LEBRON
    Stretch Big

$17.5M

2yrs

-1  Wins

-3.79  MPG

-2.59  Off.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Prior to this year with Atlanta I believe 1994 the Pacers were the last team to make Conf finals with no all stars on the team. It was only the 2nd time I believe

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rico said:

Pretty sure the Hawks knocked us out one of those years.  Reggie and the orbital injury.

We went to back to back ECF...lost to the Knicks in 7 and lost to the Magic in 7. If my memory serves me correct....probably doesn't.

Edit looked it up...we lost to Hawks in 95-96. Jordan was fully back that year.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

We went to back to back ECF...lost to the Knicks in 7 and lost to the Magic in 7. If my memory serves me correct....probably doesn't.

Yeah, you are correct...it was after the back-to-back ECF when we got booted in the 1st round.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

That’s not good…nba avg is like 35%. A good 3pt shooter should shoot above 38% if I’m not mistaken or the analytics say not to shoot.

I mean I’d prefer he not be putting up ten per game but for a 4 or 5 33% Is respectable enough that he has to pull a defender to the perimeter and space the floor …if he’s wide open great if not don’t shoot and he’s only putting up 2 per game …..you are correct about the defense though I just worry we have had pretty good luck getting value out of trades and we are due to lay an egg 

31 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ben Simmons attempted 3 shots in the 4th quarter in a 7 game series....none in the last 4 games....that is not a franchise player...and all nba gms recognize that.

That’s staggering ….starting to remind me of Michael cárter Williams who came out as a “ do everything “ Guy and won ROY then ended up a role player 

Edited by IU/Butler/Notre Dame
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Ben Simmons attempted 3 shots in the 4th quarter in a 7 game series....none in the last 4 games....that is not a franchise player...and all nba gms recognize that.

There was also a playoff game his rookie year in the second round against the Celtics where he only scored 1 point the entire game and only took 4 shots. 

I'll grant him he was only a rookie, but Tatum was also a rookie and scored 21 points and Jaylen Brown from Simmons same draft class had 13 in the game. 

Just highlighting that this isn't new for Simmons and he hasn't improved at all. I think the lack of improvement is the most worrisome part if your the Sixers, as well as coaches letting him get away with not shooting/working on it during the regular season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Omg…I literally stay up some nights thinking about what you just typed….and don’t forget the teams we had that were very close to the ones you described that had bad series against the knicks or magic ……….without the bulls our hypothetical  finals series against the jazz and SuperSonics would have been epic ……I think the rockets would Have bear us in their two years even if we got by New York and Orlando 

3 minutes ago, IU/Butler/Notre Dame said:

Omg…I literally stay up some nights thinking about what you just typed….and don’t forget the teams we had that were very close to the ones you described that had bad series against the knicks or magic ……….without the bulls our hypothetical  finals series against the jazz and SuperSonics would have been epic ……I think the rockets would Have bear us in their two years even if we got by New York and Orlando 

Those Rocket teams are a tad underrated historically. Hakeem was as good as any center has been in the NBA those two years, and I really think if Jordan hadn't left the NBA that Houston still gets one of those titles against Jordan's Bulls. Bill Wennington was not even remotely slowing down Hakeem if the Rockets and Bulls met in the Finals. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Those Rocket teams are a tad underrated historically. Hakeem was as good as any center has been in the NBA those two years, and I really think if Jordan hadn't left the NBA that Houston still gets one of those titles against Jordan's Bulls. Bill Wennington was not even remotely slowing down Hakeem if the Rockets and Bulls met in the Finals. 

I agree and the bulls were also minus horace grant and Sam cassel kenny smith and Robert horrey weren’t outplaying pippen and Jordan but they could have at least kept them busy 

Edited by IU/Butler/Notre Dame
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, BGleas said:

It is very hard to say but I would have loved to watch those finals. I'm just not sure MJ would have let them lose. Kenny Smith trying to guard MJ??? HAHAHAHAHA LOL Then in 94-95 I mean over history look at how Michael just killed....MURDERED Clyde Drexler. Remember 92 finals...35.8pts, 6.5 ast, 4.8 reb, 1.7 steals....I mean wow...and older Clyde...no way no way....now with Olajawon protecting the rim and having Pippen and Jordan attacking getting him in foul trouble... Hard to say but I can't doubt Michael and Scottie...Measured against any non-Bulls team yes...very good underrated champions...very San Antonio-esq ....but there are not many champions that could have faired well against those Bulls during that run.

Edited by dgambill

58 minutes ago, BGleas said:

There was also a playoff game his rookie year in the second round against the Celtics where he only scored 1 point the entire game and only took 4 shots. 

I'll grant him he was only a rookie, but Tatum was also a rookie and scored 21 points and Jaylen Brown from Simmons same draft class had 13 in the game. 

Just highlighting that this isn't new for Simmons and he hasn't improved at all. I think the lack of improvement is the most worrisome part if your the Sixers, as well as coaches letting him get away with not shooting/working on it during the regular season. 

Travesty....how in the world did 6ers draft two guys back to back that can't shoot lol...first Simmons, then Fultz...it's like basketball 101. I guess Fultz could shoot in college (41% 3pt shooter) but dang they got two mental studs there didn't they!

50 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Meh, now that '83 Sixer team is underrated!  

• Like 4