NBA Thread

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I like Monte Williams. Very underrated coach. 

Completely agree. He's done a great job there, and his players clearly love and respect him. 

The other guy I'm happy for with Phoenix is Cameron Payne. I liked him coming out of college and thought he could be a really good backup PG/6th man. He struggled early with OKC and then had the ACL and was out of the league. Great to see a guy fight his way back and contribute like this at a high level on the big stage. 

• Like 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Completely agree. He's done a great job there, and his players clearly love and respect him. 

The other guy I'm happy for with Phoenix is Cameron Payne. I liked him coming out of college and thought he could be a really good backup PG/6th man. He struggled early with OKC and then had the ACL and was out of the league. Great to see a guy fight his way back and contribute like this at a high level on the big stage. 

Murray st has had some great guards the past 10-12 years. Isaiah Cannon, Payne, Morant.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If you want to get really technical, that ball touched Booker last.

That’s one of those that if you slow down you will see things that you would never see…and not something the naked eye would ever see. Hate that. Like nfl and the ball moving etc..just hate to see it come out like that.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

That’s one of those that if you slow down you will see things that you would never see…and not something the naked eye would ever see. Hate that.

I hate it too. Agree with Van Bundy, that shouldn't be the intent of replay. That play happens 5-10 throughout every game and they don't review/overturn it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Just a note for those that say players today aren't fundamental or that they don't care about free throw shooting, etc.

The Suns and Clippers this year finished #1 and #2 in free throw percentage...In NBA HISTORY! 

Edit: They said this during the broadcast. I tried looking it up quickly but haven't been able to confirm the stat yet. 

But Paul George missed two free throws that cost them the game.

Even though it was a good game that last two minutes was brutal to watch.  They have to do something about all the reviews especially at the end of the game.

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

As far as conference finals games, does that go up there with Celtics vs. Pistons game with, "steal by Bird, underneath to DJ..." play?

It’s like any of Horrys 3s, Anunoby 3, or I remember Fischer hitting a crazy 3 with like no time…just a fun fun ending. 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Even though it was a good game that last two minutes was brutal to watch.  They have to do something about all the reviews especially at the end of the game.

Are you kidding? The last two minutes were absolutely incredible to watch. 

• Like 1

Just now, IU Scott said:

Yes he did. Guys are going to miss free throws just as guys missed free throws in the 60's, 70's and 80's. The point still stands (assuming the broadcast had it right) that this seasons Suns and Clippers had the two highest percentages ever. 

Agree on the constant replay. The NBA needs to address that. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

That was such a phenomenal basketball game to watch. Really high level execution down the stretch, minus the free throws. 

I can’t help but laugh that PG hit two go ahead shots in the last 30 seconds only to miss both free throws. 

I really thought he was going to be the hero after I thought was a lackluster game..yeah killer there…but kinda karma for the out of bounds on Booker.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I hate it too. Agree with Van Bundy, that shouldn't be the intent of replay. That play happens 5-10 throughout every game and they don't review/overturn it. 

I think there was a play in the final four that had that same thing happen where the ball was knocked out of the guys hand but the ball.handlets hand was in the ball

Edited by IU Scott

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Oh, and horrible defense by the Clippers. The one thing you can't let happen there defensively is what just happened. 

But it was also a great play by Phoenix. To have Booker, the only guy you knew they wouldn’t help off of, set the back screen was brilliant. And it was perfect execution and honestly had it not been, I don’t think it would’ve worked.