NBA Thread

Simmons news:

Simmons' agent Rich Paul from Klutch Sports reportedly met with Sixers president Daryl Morey and general manager Elton Brand in Chicago this week to talk about his future with the franchise.

Via ESPN:

"Paul engaged the Sixers on whether it makes sense to work together to find a trade before the start of next season, but no request was made and the sides are expected to continue talking ahead of the July 29 NBA draft and August free agency, sources said. The 76ers are committed to keeping Simmons as a central piece of their franchise, sources said."

3 hours ago, rico said:

Simmons news:

Simmons' agent Rich Paul from Klutch Sports reportedly met with Sixers president Daryl Morey and general manager Elton Brand in Chicago this week to talk about his future with the franchise.

Via ESPN:

"Paul engaged the Sixers on whether it makes sense to work together to find a trade before the start of next season, but no request was made and the sides are expected to continue talking ahead of the July 29 NBA draft and August free agency, sources said. The 76ers are committed to keeping Simmons as a central piece of their franchise, sources said."

Rich Paul is going to ensure he gets traded to a big market. He isn’t going to let one of his prime players languish in a small market where he will get no visability. Simmons is one of those guys if he put his heart and soul into it would absolutely be super successful but the word around the league is he doesn’t put the work in. His offseasons are spent chasing Instagram tail. Nobody wants to play with him because he doesn’t put the work in and just wants to be a star on his name alone. I keep hearing media people talking about Miami being the perfect landing spot but they forget Jimmy Butler couldn’t wait to get out of Philly fast enough after playing with him the first time…you think he wants round 2? He called out his teammates for playing for fame, women, cars, money not a championship….dang he wasn’t mincing words and I think it’s crazy that the guy he had the worst chemistry with “Simmons” would go to Miami.

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Rich Paul is going to ensure he gets traded to a big market. He isn’t going to let one of his prime players languish in a small market where he will get no visability. Simmons is one of those guys if he put his heart and soul into it would absolutely be super successful but the word around the league is he doesn’t put the work in. His offseasons are spent chasing Instagram tail. Nobody wants to play with him because he doesn’t put the work in and just wants to be a star on his name alone. I keep hearing media people talking about Miami being the perfect landing spot but they forget Jimmy Butler couldn’t wait to get out of Philly fast enough after playing with him the first time…you think he wants round 2? He called out his teammates for playing for fame, women, cars, money not a championship….dang he wasn’t mincing words and I think it’s crazy that the guy he had the worst chemistry with “Simmons” would go to Miami.

Ben's a lady's man?  

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, dgambill said:

100%. Simmons will be wherever Rich Paul and LeBron James want him. That's how much power they have. 

If James wants Simmons with him and AD on the Lakers they will make that happen. I agree, it most likely will not be in a small market. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

100%. Simmons will be wherever Rich Paul and LeBron James want him. That's how much power they have. 

If James wants Simmons with him and AD on the Lakers they will make that happen. I agree, it most likely will not be in a small market. 

James would want surrounded by shooters but I get you 100%. He isn’t landing in Memphis or something. All this means is Paul will want to be in control of where he ends up. Scare off anyone that he will cause a stink if he doesn’t want to go there…waive his trade kicker to those he does. They are WAY out front of this. What it does tell me is that he WILL be moved….but not to Indiana or the likes.

24 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Didn't realize that RuPaul had that much influence in the NBA...

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Ugly, but good game between the Clippers and Suns. I'll say this, in a close game between these teams, I trust Chris Paul and Devin Booker way more than I do Paul George and Reggie Jackson.  

George's shooting has been bad the last couple of games, I think he was 9-27 last game and so far this game  5-20. So far I am loving it lol.

Edited by Hoosier51

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Got he at the end of the 3td quarter and thought it was a replay of a game from the 90's with this score.  Agree with Mark Jackson saying if teams struggle today on offense they don't have many low post guys to just pass it into them

You must be loving this game!