NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Offenses were really good in the 80's

The Lakers and Celtics were. You can't always use the Lakers and Celtics of your barometer for basketball in the 80s and then not use one of the historically great teams from this era as the comparison. 

None of the teams left in the playoffs will go down as a historically great team. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Just noticed in the highlights, it was also Paul George that didn't foul Saric with 13 seconds left when the Clips were down 1. 

He didn't want to foul out. I have mixed feelings on him not giving the foul there. 

I am glad that the refs didn't review the out of bounds on that play. 

• Like 1

Just now, KoB2011 said:

He didn't want to foul out. I have mixed feelings on him not giving the foul there. 

I am glad that the refs didn't review the out of bounds on that play. 

Forgot he had 5 fouls there. That does give him a pass there. The next guy should have fouled Payne. Once someone not named Chris Paul gets the ball there, you foul him. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

The Lakers and Celtics were. You can't always use the Lakers and Celtics of your barometer for basketball in the 80s and then not use one of the historically great teams from this era as the comparison. 

None of the teams left in the playoffs will go down as a historically great team. 

Look at the Nuggets scoring with Alex English.  The team scoring average for the decade of the 80's was 109 per game.  The second highest to.tje 60's at 115 per game

Edited by IU Scott

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

He takes a lot of bad shots. A lot of 1-on-1 contested shots. 

It's like he wants to be KD. If he could just take open jumpers and drive he'd be such a more efficient scorer. 

I think perhaps his biggest problem as a player is that instead of maximizing the skills he does have (which he are plentiful) he wants to try to do things only a few people to have play the game can do consistently well. He still has the skillset to be a top ten player. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Look at the Nuggets scoring with Alex English.  The team scoring average for the decade of the 80's was 109 per game.  The second highest to.tje 60's at 115 per game

Pretty sure there was a year in there where the Nuggets led the league with like a 125 ppg.  IIRC they gave up 126 ppg and finished under .500.  English, Vandeweghe(sp?), Hanzlik...I loved those Denver teams.

2 hours ago, rico said:

Pretty sure there was a year in there where the Nuggets led the league with like a 125 ppg.  IIRC they gave up 126 ppg and finished under .500.  English, Vandeweghe(sp?), Hanzlik...I loved those Denver teams.

I looked last night they averaged over 120 5 times in the 80's

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

All-time great call by Mike Breen here...

I’ve got more charisma in my big toe than Kawhi whole body lol. I mean between the sitting out games all the time and how he left the Spurs…I used to love the guy but now I’m not sure who I like least…Kawhi or PG.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I’ve got more charisma in my big toe than Kawhi whole body lol. I mean between the sitting out games all the time and how he left the Spurs…I used to love the guy but now I’m not sure who I like least…Kawhi or PG.

To add to it, there are reports coming out today that Kawhi is now unhappy with the Clippers doctors/medical staff. Same thing he complained about in San Antonio. 

I was a huge Kawhi guy, but agree that luster is fading quickly. 

Edit:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

To add to it, there are reports coming out today that Kawhi is now unhappy with the Clippers doctors/medical staff. Same thing he complained about in San Antonio. 

I was in SA…and his game is undeniable….but yeah just hard to root for now though. If he opts out….it will be chaos this summer. GS, Miami, Philly…everyone will be going after him.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I was in SA…and his game is undeniable….but yeah just hard to root for now though. If he opts out….it will be chaos this summer. GS, Miami, Philly…everyone will be going after him.

If he opts out, he would lose a lot of respect IMO. After what he pulled in SA, then sort of earn it back with helping Toronto win a title, to only then bail on the franchise he did all of the maneuvering to get to. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Also throw KD in there as someone that is hard to cheer on anymore. He has turned into kind of a female hygiene product since he left OKC. 😀

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Edit:

I love how NBA players are all doctors and medical experts when it comes to injuries 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ATX_sig said:

I don't see an issue with Kawhi getting opinions from his doctors.   

Is Penny leaving Memphis to coach the Magic.

I don't either, but it does seem a little odd that it's his second franchise where he could (we don't know if it will happen yet) be using the medical staff as a reason to force his way out. 

Just seems odd. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't either, but it does seem a little odd that it's his second franchise where he could (we don't know if it will happen yet) be using the medical staff as a reason to force his way out. 

Just seems odd. 

Yeah it is. One time well whatever but twice. Come on. Not to mention he doesn’t need to force his way out if he wants to leave since he’s set to be a free agent anyway.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

If he opts out, he would lose a lot of respect IMO. After what he pulled in SA, then sort of earn it back with helping Toronto win a title, to only then bail on the franchise he did all of the maneuvering to get to. 

Yeah, but he's a talented douchebag...

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yeah it is. One time well whatever but twice. Come on. Not to mention he doesn’t need to force his way out if he wants to leave since he’s set to be a free agent anyway.

It is weird. I just can’t even begin to understand what goes through his head. He acts like he wanted to get to LA for marketing reasons but the guy doesn’t exactly have a marketable personality. I don’t even know what he sells. I think he is just setting up to position himself for max money or if he wants to leave or have control over who comes in. Leverage I guess. Whatever the case…it is strange.