NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

agree.  Think he could be a Marcus Smart.  Maybe a little high for top 10 to get a Smart type of guy, however, a overall good pick.  He also has Jalen Johnson at 9.  Not sure about that one

Johnson has the talent but the off court stuff is a problem that I wouldn’t touch.

55 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

agree.  Think he could be a Marcus Smart.  Maybe a little high for top 10 to get a Smart type of guy, however, a overall good pick.  He also has Jalen Johnson at 9.  Not sure about that one

For comparison, Smart was the 6th overall pick in his draft. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Barring any trades, here is my want list for tonight via draft:

1.) Moody - Don't think he'll fall to 13, however, if he does his ceiling is very high.  3&D guy that can contribute off the bench with starter potential as early as year 2.  Can guard multiple positions at 6'9".    

2.) Mitchell - Age doesn't bother me, he makes an impact now with his aggressive defense and has improved his shooting.  A little undersized as a shooting guard next to McConnell off of bench assuming TJ is brought back but can contribute right away and be a defense wrecker.  

3.) Giddy - Can see the court better than anyone currently on the Pacers roster imo.  Needs to improve defense and shooting but has one of the higher ceilings of anyone in the draft.

4.)   Duarte - Don't care about age, safe pick given his versatility.  Can contribute right away with starter potential.  Ceiling a bit lower than anyone above, however, has one of the higher floors.  

Heard on 1070 the fan this morning that if either Kispert or Duarte are there at 13 they will become a Pacer if they keep the pick. I still think they will trade back and get a veteran player

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Talk Pacers could be trading back with Atlanta…possibly 13 for 20th and Cam Raddish. Pun intended

I would love it if the pacers got Reddish. He’s 21 yrs old and getting better. Throw in the 20th pick and that’s a great deal for the Pacers. I don’t see anybody at #13 that is better then Reddish and he already has two years of NBA experience. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier83 said:

I would love it if the pacers got Reddish. He’s 21 yrs old and getting better. Throw in the 20th pick and that’s a great deal for the Pacers. I don’t see anybody at #13 that is better then Reddish and he already has two years of NBA experience. 

Issue is he is on an expiring contract…if he out performs it will be difficult to keep him. That said I think they look at him to be that instant offense off the bench Dougie was.

Edited by dgambill

2 minutes ago, Hoosier83 said:

Didn’t know that but good point 

Just that no matter what he does he likely will be up for a pay raise next year regardless…but Pacers will have Bird rights.

big if…it is true rumor….Pacers/Atlanta waiting to see who is there at 13.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

At 13? That would be a sure a thing as you can get. 

I think Danny Green is a bit high for his floor…as is Thompson for his ceiling. I’d say Green is his ceiling…floor is probably Landry Shamet..who got traded today…but I think sayinf he is basically assured to be either of two of the greatest 3&D players in the past decade is a bit lofty.

Edited by dgambill

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think Danny Green is a bit high for his floor…as is Thompson for his ceiling. I’d say Green is his ceiling…floor is probably Landry Shamet..who got traded today…but I think sayinf he is basically assured to be either of two of the greatest 3&D players in the past decade is a bit lofty.

Agree on your comps for Duarte.

Though Klay isn't a 3&D guy. Klay is a star player. 

• Like 2