NBA Thread

34 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Kyrie out until he gets vaccinated. Nets won't play him on a limited basis. Could Philly and Brooklyn just swap headaches lol?

Player only it would actually be a good swap as Simmons doesn't need to shoot w/ Harden and Durant around and would bring some much needed D to BKN

Kyrie would work much better w/ Joel than Simmons does and can block some of the shots in the paint from guys that blow by Irving

However...

Kyrie is legit crazy and I've read he says he will retire if traded and Philly's asking price wants picks that BKN doesn't have after acquiring Harden...

🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cybergates said:

Player only it would actually be a good swap as Simmons doesn't need to shoot w/ Harden and Durant around and would bring some much needed D to BKN

Kyrie would work much better w/ Joel than Simmons does and can block some of the shots in the paint from guys that blow by Irving

However...

Kyrie is legit crazy and I've read he says he will retire if traded and Philly's asking price wants picks that BKN doesn't have after acquiring Harden...

🤷‍♂️

Philly practice center is 1:15 from Kyrie house supposedly. Arena 1:40 mins. He could make it work. Philly only wants picks if they feel like they are giving up the better player. They would have to add picks if they traded for Beal or Lillard. Salaries match up. Throw in a couple second rounders....just saying...who knows. Personally I'd never trade for Kyrie...basket case for sure....he will find any reason not to show up and play. I seriously think he is bipolar. But you are correct. If both players were to suit up and play the whole year...it would be a perfect trade for both.

• Like 1

Just now, DC2345 said:

Kyrie isn’t worth the headache for any team. The guy is just a constant distraction

So a shorter Ben Simmons....but one can shoot and the other can play defense. Got it lol....no honestly it's just so funny...when something is this obvious it should just happen...even if it won't.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

So a shorter Ben Simmons....but one can shoot and the other can play defense. Got it lol....no honestly it's just so funny...when something is this obvious it should just happen...even if it won't.

I don’t think it’s even close. On a scale of 1-10 when it comes to distractions I’d put Simmons at a 7 or 8 and Kyrie at about 100. Kyrie just looks for reasons to not play basketball.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I don’t think it’s even close. On a scale of 1-10 when it comes to distractions I’d put Simmons at a 7 or 8 and Kyrie at about 100. Kyrie just looks for reasons to not play basketball.

No doubt. Remember when Kyrie was bringing up his "mamba mentality" a few years ago....think he even had a line of shoes named after Kobe. Yeah....not even a .1 on a scale of 1-10 mamba mentality lol. I'm not a huge Kobe fan (great player no doubt/but the next MJ comparisons were laughable) but those two guys are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to winning mentality. https://www.republicworld.com/sports-news/basketball-news/bryant-once-tried-to-pull-his-tendon-up-following-his-achilles-injury.html

Kyrie is now, and always has been, a head case.  And injury plagued, going back to Duke. You just never know when he will be unavailable.  Availability is a player's number one attribute, because nothing else matters if you aren't on the floor.  Kyrie has never been that guy who is consistently reliable.  He is not that old and he's already bounced around.  That tells you something.

Brooklyn is a stacked team but I have never bought into their injury excuses.  They are what they are.  You might get lucky and everyone will be healthy at crunch time.  But if they are not, don't make excuses because that's the makeup of your roster.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 8:27 PM, BGleas said:

Yogi headed overseas. I still think his big mistake was leaving the Mavs to go to the Kings. 

I don't know.  They just drafted Luka and Brunson.  Yogi is fringe NBA player who was probably going to see reduced  time.  RC was a big fan of Brunson.  They also still had icon JJ Barea and Dennis smith Jr. 

I kind of view Yogi in the same class as Trey burke who came in the KP deal with DSJ going to the Knicks..   They let Burke go after 2019 then brought him back when Brunson was out hurt in the 2020 bubble playoffs.  Burke had a great summer in the bubble and got a nice contract that they'd like to now unload.  Like Yogi, burke is a fringe NBA player.  I expect if someone offered Yogi a 3 year 10 mil deal, he'd stay in whatever NBA role given to him.

Edited by ATX_sig
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

"The Philadephia 76ers have decided Ben Simmons will not join the team until he is fully better at basketball, sources tell ESPN."

😂😂😂...so does he have to go to shooting camp or what?!!  That's got to be one of the strangest statements in this saga yet.

It's a fake twitter account....full of funny jokes lol. I like to check it out from time to time.

Edited by dgambill
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I only saw the last 5 minutes but it was the Jeremy Lamb show.  Duarte had 21.  Warren will be back soon.  With a respected, proven coach, and a healthy group of guys, this team could actually make a little noise.  

If Duarte ends up being legit as he has displayed in summer league and preseason (still a big if)...that is all the reason I would need to be fine with moving Brogdon and Levert. 

I think Lamb will get moved...if...a big if we get healthy we have a glut at the wing position and he will make a nice trade piece for a contender as he is a solid vet that can contribute and be trusted come playoff time. His contract being expiring and around the MLE makes him a good candidate for a move.

Edited by dgambill