NBA Thread

33 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I think he might take a big step forward this season. He has looked pretty good this preseason.

Yeah, he's had a strong preseason. We'll see if it maintains when everyone comes back, as he still tends to just fade into the background offensively, but he does look much better and more confident this preseason. 

• Like 2

On 10/15/2021 at 9:17 PM, BGleas said:

Yeah, he's had a strong preseason. We'll see if it maintains when everyone comes back, as he still tends to just fade into the background offensively, but he does look much better and more confident this preseason. 

Hope the new coach (voice) helps. He definitely defers too much to the starters on the team. It’s his time to step up…needs to be confident in his game. Make or miss they need that 3rd/4th option and he can be a starter. I know his peers mostly went to bad teams and were given free reign to develop their game guilt free but no excuse you just got to be ready when your number is called.

• Like 1

While you'd be sabotaging your own team which doesn't make a ton of sense, I'd absolutely love to see the Sixers literally play Ben Simmons 48 minutes every game instead of suspending him. 

Can you imagine watching him sulk and moan up and down the court and literally never come out? I would tune into every Sixers game just to see what might happen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

While you'd be sabotaging you're own team which doesn't make a ton of sense, I'd absolutely love to see the Sixers literally play Ben Simmons 48 minutes every game instead of suspending him. 

Can you imagine watching him sulk and moan up and down the court and literally never come out? I would tune into every Sixers game just to see what might happen. 

...the crowd taunting him.  Would be cool to see.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Even though i have got some pushback on this, i hope the Pacers stay far far away from trading for Simmons. He is a disaster waiting to happen for them.

Yeh.  Those kind of players don't work well with RC.  Rondo is one who chose to ignore RC and run his own plays. He did not last long in Dallas. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BGleas said:

While you'd be sabotaging your own team which doesn't make a ton of sense, I'd absolutely love to see the Sixers literally play Ben Simmons 48 minutes every game instead of suspending him. 

I'm sure the other team would as well...he would just play matador defense and probably refuse to throw it to Embid lol.

16 hours ago, Hoosier51 said:

It almost seems like he is tanking his trade value just to get traded from Philly.

He has to....Morey is asking for the moon. No one will trade for him....he is forcing Morey to lower his asking price to something ALMOST reasonable. He is so dead set on getting star value back that he should be on getting great pieces back. Two to three really solid players and maybe one be a borderline all-star. You don't need another dominant superstar with Embid having the offense run so much through him. Someone that can still score and help you when Embid comes out but ok with defering when he is in. I can see a package with Sacramento working....they have a huge gluttony of pg/sgs on that team. Add 1 with Harrison Barnes....ask for a 1st rd pick and call it a day. You are going to kill any positivity in the locker room with this team the longer you drag this out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BGleas said:

Joel Embiid is going to come out the winner in this, especially if the Sixers win without Simmons. This clip is great...

To me that isn't good leadership. Sure the fans love it and maybe his teammates that are left do...but the best thing to do is to say that stuff in private in the locker room....like THIS is our team....forget about him and lets go win. In public he is just adding fuel to the fire and ratcheting up the media fire and causing more and more attention to the matter to answer more and more questions and being a distraction. It's also just childish....but whatever...multi-millionaire boys playing a kids game, what should I expect.

• Like 1

Giannis dominated again last night....this guy is focused on getting better and better and better. Gotta think the championship runs through Milwaulkie. Gotta think Budenholzer and their GM have to just be devastated that their superstar is drama free, never wants out, works tirelessly on his game, plays hard for 48 mins on both ends.....heard an antidote about Giannis bugging Brad Stevens at the all-star game after each period....do we play hard now coach....how about now.....can i play hard now coach...finally in the 4th quarter like half way through...how about now coach. Ok...lol Just ego free...drama free....MVP of the league and only getting BETTER. Every small market should be able to have a star like him that won't just force his way out. Kudos to the Bucks for landing him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Giannis dominated again last night....this guy is focused on getting better and better and better. Gotta think the championship runs through Milwaulkie. Gotta think Budenholzer and their GM have to just be devastated that their superstar is drama free, never wants out, works tirelessly on his game, plays hard for 48 mins on both ends.....heard an antidote about Giannis bugging Brad Stevens at the all-star game after each period....do we play hard now coach....how about now.....can i play hard now coach...finally in the 4th quarter like half way through...how about now coach. Ok...lol Just ego free...drama free....MVP of the league and only getting BETTER. Every small market should be able to have a star like him that won't just force his way out. Kudos to the Bucks for landing him.

And his brother is turning into nice glue guy.  Plays very hard, good d, 6 pts 4 boards in 12.  

• Like 1