NBA Thread

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

He has to....Morey is asking for the moon. No one will trade for him....he is forcing Morey to lower his asking price to something ALMOST reasonable. He is so dead set on getting star value back that he should be on getting great pieces back. Two to three really solid players and maybe one be a borderline all-star. You don't need another dominant superstar with Embid having the offense run so much through him. Someone that can still score and help you when Embid comes out but ok with defering when he is in. I can see a package with Sacramento working....they have a huge gluttony of pg/sgs on that team. Add 1 with Harrison Barnes....ask for a 1st rd pick and call it a day. You are going to kill any positivity in the locker room with this team the longer you drag this out.

Sacto makes a lot of sense. They've been adamant they want to make a splash deal.  Apparent;y they don't want to play Bagley so they have the reverse issue.   He hasn't lived up to his potential but it is still there.  He is really good offensively in the paint and improved his jump shot to at least respectable.  Having doc as a coach might be really good for him.   Bagley, hield and future 1.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATX_sig said:

Sacto makes a lot of sense. They've been adamant they want to make a splash deal.  Apparent;y they don't want to play Bagley so they have the reverse issue.   He hasn't lived up to his potential but it is still there.  He is really good offensively in the paint and improved his jump shot to at least respectable.  Having doc as a coach might be really good for him.   Bagley, hield and future 1.  

That would be the best place for Ben, he can go there and destroy them since no one would care lol. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

I imagine 76ers won't do that deal. Brogdon is better than anything they would get in that deal. I was thinking they would push for Fox, Bagley and 1st. Otherwise they are going to want Haliburton or maybe Mitchell to be added in if it's Hield. They really think highly of Simmons value. Could be trying to move Hield/Bagley for players that 76ers really want as well.

The good from the Pacers tonight.

Duarte 27 points in his debut.

Sabonis 33 points 

Brogdon 28 points..

They hit 18 3's.

The first 28 minutes the Pacers led 82-59.

The bad.

The last 20 minutes Charlotte won 64-40 with a 24-0 run.

The rest of the team combined for 44 points.

Only played 3 bench players McConnell, Lamb and Craig.  So they did not hav any big guys that came off the bench.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

The Pacers need Levert and Warren. They aren't athletic enough and Turner and Sabonis are still very clunky together. Brogdan, Sabonis, and Duarte were definitely bright spots. Especially if Sabonis can continue to shoot. 

Whats the latest on these 2?  Getting close to day to day?  I thought about 2 months ago they said Warren was a month out   

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BGleas said:

Along with Dennis Schroeder, Romeo Langford is first off the bench for the Celtics. 

Good to see!

Solid start from Romeo.....but dang...Jason Tatum is like a black hole....I know Kobe is his idol but my man you are not Kobe so stop shooting so much and pass the ball. I mean I know the Celtics have two young studs but my god 60 attempts between the two of them....at least Brown was hitting...geez.

Just now, NotIThatLives said:

Whats the latest on these 2?  Getting close to day to day?  I thought about 2 months ago they said Warren was a month out   

Levert should be back next week. Warren is TBD. Warren is supposed to have another scan done soon to see how things are healing. Those are taking place about every 3 weeks or so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Levert should be back next week. Warren is TBD. Warren is supposed to have another scan done soon to see how things are healing. Those are taking place about every 3 weeks or so. 

I think these 2 would be near all stars if healthy for about 2 years straight.  1 to knock the rust off and build momentum, year 2 all star candidates.  

2 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Levert is getting reevaluated later this month. Definitely out the next 4 games. Stress fractures need rest to heal. Warren is still in a walking boot last I heard (last week). Weeks away. Don't count on him anytime soon.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The good from the Pacers tonight.

Duarte 27 points in his debut.

Sabonis 33 points 

Brogdon 28 points..

They hit 18 3's.

The first 28 minutes the Pacers led 82-59.

The bad.

The last 20 minutes Charlotte won 64-40 with a 24-0 run.

The rest of the team combined for 44 points.

Only played 3 bench players McConnell, Lamb and Craig.  So they did not hav any big guys that came off the bench.

Duarte looked legit. Bright spot. Sabonis put up huge numbers but also has a ton of the offense run through him. So same ol same ol. Team still doesn't fit well together...but it's early. Duarte is making me feel more and more comfortable moving a combo of oft injured guys like Warren, Levert, and Brogdon if you can if it means we can bring in a star player. Turner looks the same....blocks/not much rebounding/offense.

Edited by dgambill

25 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Solid start from Romeo.....but dang...Jason Tatum is like a black hole....I know Kobe is his idol but my man you are not Kobe so stop shooting so much and pass the ball. I mean I know the Celtics have two young studs but my god 60 attempts between the two of them....at least Brown was hitting...geez.

The bigger issue wasn't the number of shots (though I agree it's high) for Tatum, remember it was a 2OT game, it was his lack of recognition when he wasn't hitting from deep that he should he attacking to basket for easier shots and to get to the foul line. 

The Celtics were missing Al Horford and Josh Richardson, so getting them back will help a lot. But my two big concerns are the point guard situation and Ime Udoka. 

It's only one game and it's a marathon not a sprint, but Marcus Smart was awful last night as the starting guard. The Celtics need someone to control the pace and reign in the stars when they're playing like Tatum did. 

On Udoka, again it's one game, but he preached on several points of emphasis/changes all during training camp and the Celtics sucked at pretty much all of them. 

The defense was terrible. He preached about Tatum and Brown being playmakers and not just scorers and that didn't happen, and he preached about Tatum playing more inside and getting to the foul line and that didn't happen. 

Again, it's a marathon, not a sprint, but Udoka's team didn't look much like how he's been describing it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BGleas said:

The bigger issue wasn't the number of shots (though I agree it's high) for Tatum, remember it was a 2OT game, it was his lack of recognition when he wasn't hitting from deep that he should he attacking to basket for easier shots and to get to the foul line. 

The Celtics were missing Al Horford and Josh Richardson, so getting them back will help a lot. But my two big concerns are the point guard situation and Ime Udoka. 

It's only one game and it's a marathon not a sprint, but Marcus Smart was awful last night as the starting guard. The Celtics need someone to control the pace and reign in the stars when they're playing like Tatum did. 

On Udoka, again it's one game, but he preached on several points of emphasis/changes all during training camp and the Celtics sucked at pretty much all of them. 

The defense was terrible. He preached about Tatum and Brown being playmakers and not just scorers and that didn't happen, and he preached about Tatum playing more inside and getting to the foul line and that didn't happen. 

Again, it's a marathon, not a sprint, but Udoka's team didn't look much like how he's been describing it. 

Yeah I didn't see the game/nor his shot chart but I saw he was 2-15 from 3. That struck me significant. Can't agree more with your accessment. Hanging around the perimeter isn't a winning formula. I know Brown took 14 but he clearly had it going. 8-14. Just don't see how they win consistently with two guys putting up that type of volume and not having a traditional pg to get others involved. I agree and I do look for them to make a move at some point with Smart to address the pg issue. Schroder is a really good 6th man but I just can't see him being the answer at pg nor Smart...it just isn't in their DNA. It's also I think why some guys like Romeo I think look lost on the team at times. They just don't have that leader that gets them in the right position on the floor and finds them for looks. You got these two great iso players and the ball sticks. Long season...there will be better nights....but the inefficiency from Tatum and him still somewhat forcing shots when he could have done other things to help you win like drive and draw and kick etc etc...is worrisome.

This nugget about Ben Simmons is pretty telling....I don't know if it's just this year and him trying to cause a stink and get traded or if this stuff has been going on for a long time. If it's been a long time then unfortunately these red flags are starting to add up and I'm wondering if maybe I should change my mind on the Pacers being a potential landing spot.

Goorjian’s comments come after Aussie basketball icon Andrew Bogut weighed in on the “ugly” stand-off between Simmons and the 76ers. “It’s not good for either party, in my opinion. Ben’s side of things, training with your phone in your pocket, not being glued in to what’s going on,” Bogut told SEN on Wednesday. “Unfortunately, he has form doing these kinds of things; we experienced it with the national team. “There’s not going to be too much sympathy for him, but hopefully they can sort it out and both parties can have something positive to come out of it.”
Source: Nic Savage @ FOXSports.com

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

You mean 7 for 30 is not good. Guy needed to ice his shooting elbow after the game. On the positive There were enough bricks to take care of the renovations at MSG.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

You mean 7 for 30 is not good. Guy needed to ice his shooting elbow after the game. On the positive There were enough bricks to take care of the renovations at MSG.

From what I've seen in the past dozen years of Knick basketball....they already had enough bricks laying around to build the great wall of china (come to think of it maybe we can send them down to the southern border lol). Yeah...not a good look....and didn't he take both possible game winning looks at the end of regulation and OT? Could have looked to get someone else a look considering it definitely wasn't his night.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I watched part of the 2nd half of the Celtics game.  Still thought Romeo was lacking aggressiveness.  Being more aggressive is something he needs to do to take the next step.

I just think playing next to two young stars in Brown and Tatum has caused him to not feel confident in taking the ball out of their hands from scoring. I think had he played on a bad team like OKC...he would have no bones about being aggressive and looking to shoot more.