NBA Thread

24 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This isn’t exactly an apples to apples comparison. Howard is a center, who was he competing with for the first team selections? The competition AD has had for first team selections is SIGNIFICANTLY steeper. As in two of the probably top ten players of all time being considered forwards and then front court players. 

Anthony Davis has been listed as a Center on the All-NBA Teams. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Howard is a 3X DPOY, Davis has none. 

And there’s definitely bias in that award towards pure 5s. Davis lead the league in blocks more than Howard and I don’t think anyone is going to begin to discuss who is a more versatile defender between the two. 

Dwight was a force for a good stretch, but AD is probably going to go down as one of the best PF ever. Anyone really think Dwight stacks up historically at Center?

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

And there’s definitely bias in that award towards pure 5s. Davis lead the league in blocks more than Howard and I don’t think anyone is going to begin to discuss who is a more versatile defender between the two. 

Dwight was a force for a good stretch, but AD is probably going to go down as one of the best PF ever. Anyone really think Dwight stacks up historically at Center?

You can't argue 3 DPOY's to none, and one more All-Defensive Team for Dwight. It's not even close. 

Also, we're not debating who is going to have the better career when it is all said and done. That will almost definitely be AD, unless his injury history catches up to him. 

The debate is at AD's career right now (75 years of the NBA), and Howard has the better resume. 

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

You can't argue 3 DPOY's to none, and one more All-Defensive Team for Dwight. It's not even close. 

Also, we're not debating who is going to have the better career when it is all said and done. That will almost definitely be AD, unless his injury history catches up to him. 

The debate is at AD's career right now (75 years of the NBA), and Howard has the better resume. 

We will have to agree to disagree. AD has a career PER higher than Dwight’s career best PER. 

AD averages more points for his career than Dwight’s career high. 

The two aren’t comparable on offense. 

They’re both elite defenders, Dwight probably being more dominant while AD is more versatile. 

The stats (not vanity award, actual stats) are laughably in favor of AD. That’s why he made the team over Dwight. 

Edited by KoB2011

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We will have to agree to disagree. AD has a career PER higher than Dwight’s career best PER. 

AD averages more points for his career than Dwight’s career high. 

The two aren’t comparable on offense. 

They’re both elite defenders, Dwight probably being more dominant while AD is more versatile. 

The stats (not vanity award, actual stats) are laughably in favor of AD. That’s why he made the team over Dwight. 

Yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. I wrote a whole thing back, but we're not going to change each other's minds. 

• Like 1

Pacers had a good opportunity nto beat Milwaukee tonight because the Bucks was without 4 of their top 7 players.  The Pacers still lost 119-109.  The Pacers just can't stop anyone defensively especially off tj dribble.  The one game they won they only gav up 91 points to Miami in OT.  The other 3 games they have given up 123, 135 and 119.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yikes! Jaylen Brown dunks on Miles Bridges head in OT of the Celtics win. Langford missed the game again. Tatum with 41 and Brown with 30. 

Credit to Bridges for trying to make a play....most guys don't even contest those two on 1's and knowing Brown had the angle and advantage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BGleas said:

True, though it was OT so he kind of had too. 

Yes it was. That said I rarely see a guy contest that hard even when he is out of position like that. Everyone is about saving face. Glad to see some people that still care and aren't worried about ending up on a poster (if they even make those anymore lol). On the other side....Brown has looked impressive this year....just needs to stay healthy.

Pacers lose again 118-100 at Toronto.  Toronto came in the 3rf worst 3 point shooting team but hit 15-31 tonight.  Once again the Pacers defense was a sieve and can't stop anyone.  Also once again Brogdon goes down with an injury.

I think if things don't improve this year it is time for a shake up in.tme front office.  Pritchard just gave out a big extension to Brogdon who had never sued more than 65 games in a season. Also gave a huge contract to Turner who will get you 12 and 5 bit that is not worth 20 million.

I have to wonder about why the Pacers and really all of sports are having so much injury issues.  I just think players won't play with some pain and think they need to be 100 percent.  I wish more was like Charlie Morton who pitched with a broken leg.  Brogdon went out with a sore hamstring and think if it is sore them you need to play.

9 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers lose again 118-100 at Toronto.  Toronto came in the 3rf worst 3 point shooting team but hit 15-31 tonight.  Once again the Pacers defense was a sieve and can't stop anyone.  Also once again Brogdon goes down with an injury.

I think if things don't improve this year it is time for a shake up in.tme front office.  Pritchard just gave out a big extension to Brogdon who had never sued more than 65 games in a season. Also gave a huge contract to Turner who will get you 12 and 5 bit that is not worth 20 million.

I have to wonder about why the Pacers and really all of sports are having so much injury issues.  I just think players won't play with some pain and think they need to be 100 percent.  I wish more was like Charlie Morton who pitched with a broken leg.  Brogdon went out with a sore hamstring and think if it is sore them you need to play.

The Brogdon extension was smart and under value for his production. The Pacers haven't given huge contracts to anyone on their current roster. This team isn't far off. They need to trade Turner or Sabonis and deal Lamb. I'd also consider dealing Warren at the deadline when he gets back and gets his value up a bit if they don't plan on resigning him but I think they want him back. Their biggest problem is a lack of athletic ability and that showed last night against the athletes that Toronto had on the court. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

The Brogdon extension was smart and under value for his production. The Pacers haven't given huge contracts to anyone on their current roster. This team isn't far off. They need to trade Turner or Sabonis and deal Lamb. I'd also consider dealing Warren at the deadline when he gets back and gets his value up a bit if they don't plan on resigning him but I think they want him back. Their biggest problem is a lack of athletic ability and that showed last night against the athletes that Toronto had on the court. 

Agree, a 2-year contract for someone like Brogdon is nothing. You secure a solid player for another 2 years, and if you do decide the current roster isn't working then that becomes a very tradeable/movable contract moving forward. 

While not the player Brogdon is, the Celtics did the same thing with Josh Richardson. 

Contracts are fine....the players are a horrible mix! No athleticism, no defense, and honestly not even the best shooters. I'm sure they will want to see what we have when Levert and Warren (if ever) can play (which is the other problem everyone has health issues on this team) but omg we've seen this movie before....we didn't need a sequel...and I won't sit through a trilogy if they don't shake things up going into next year.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Agree, a 2-year contract for someone like Brogdon is nothing. You secure a solid player for another 2 years, and if you do decide the current roster isn't working then that becomes a very tradeable/movable contract moving forward. 

While not the player Brogdon is, the Celtics did the same thing with Josh Richardson. 

I disagree on Brogdon because he misses way to many games.  

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I disagree on Brogdon because he misses way to many games.  

It doesn't really matter. Not resigning him doesn't do anything for you whatsoever. It doesn't get you under the cap and unfortunately for the Pacers they most likely wouldn't attract anyone better even it did get them under the cap. 

So you sign Brogdon to a short term deal that makes him happy financially, is somewhat team friendly, and due to the years (only 2) and the money is a very flexible contract to be moved in a larger deal, etc

That's just the way the league/cap works these days. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

It doesn't really matter. Not resigning him doesn't do anything for you whatsoever. It doesn't get you under the cap and unfortunately for the Pacers they most likely wouldn't attract anyone better even it did get them under the cap. 

So you sign Brogdon to a short term deal that makes him happy financially, is somewhat team friendly, and due to the years (only 2) and the money is a very flexible contract to be moved in a larger deal, etc

That's just the way the league/cap works these days. 

His contract indeed won't inhibit our ability to move him. I mean if John Wall can get traded for Russell Westbrook then anyone can get traded lol.

• Like 1