NBA Thread

28 minutes ago, BGleas said:

That was a tough one. I didn't see the game, but apparently the Celtics made a big blunder by taking a "foul to give" when they shouldn't have, which basically set up that last 3 from Luka. 

I didn't watch at all.  Just saw the final shot on the highlight reel.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, rico said:

I can't see it. Boston wouldn't give up Brown I don't think. Plus that would leave them offensively challenged with both Smart and Simmons. I don't see Boston having the parts to make this trade work given what Philly will want. That is unless it's like a 3 team deal that moves Brown to 76ers, Wizards get Simmons, and Celtics get Beal....money would work with Celtics trade exception I believe....I'd imagine 76ers and Boston would have to throw in a first rd pick and some swaps each to get Washington to give up Beal.....but a 3 team in division deal.....crazy stuff like that should never happen.

Edited by dgambill

55 minutes ago, rico said:

The Sixers look better without Simmons right now.  No, that probably won't hold up, but it shows a lot that they seem to play together a lot better without Baby Ben in the picture.

If Brad Stevens is dumb enough to make that trade, he likely won't last long in the NBA afterward.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rico said:

This sounds like fake news. I could see the Celtics trying to buy low and offer a package around Marcus Smart (not saying the Sixers would take it), but moving Brown for Simmons doesn't make much sense, unless you have a larger plan to then add a 3rd star to Tatum/Simmons. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just want to say this....why didn't the Boston Celtics or our amazing Indiana Pacers make a move to land Ricky Rubio? Guy is just the consummate professional and simply makes his teams better.....oh and he is playing some amazing basketball!

Agree. He would have been a great addition for either team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

I just want to say this....why didn't the Boston Celtics or our amazing Indiana Pacers make a move to land Ricky Rubio? Guy is just the consummate professional and simply makes his teams better.....oh and he is playing some amazing basketball!

As I remember from long ago, the knock on Rubio was that he couldn't shoot?  I take it that has changed...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

As I remember from long ago, the knock on Rubio was that he couldn't shoot?  I take it that has changed...

8-9 last night from 3 for 37pts and 10 assist in 30 mins....43% from 3 on the year....yeah he is usually around a 34% 3pt shooter....so not great...but if you want a guy that will avg you 7 1/2 assist per game in under 30 mins and almost 2 steals per game....well he doesn't hurt you that much. He is just a professional basketball player in every sense of the word. He has never been about scoring but will score you 10pts easily and get you 4 rebounds to go along with those assist. Very good defender too. I wasn't meaning he should have started but this guy can help so many teams...especially come playoff time when you need meaningful minutes from your back up. He was perhaps over-hyped when he came into the league...but man he is undervalued now for sure. Helped the Cavs to a 7-4 record with Garland and company missing multiple games already this year.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

Markieff Morris just took a hard cheap foul on Jokic and good for the Joker he didn’t stand for that crap and just threw a vicious shoulder into him. Love it when the bullies get stood up to. Good for Jokic for standing up for himself. He has taken a lot of crap after winning MVP…and guys thinking he is soft…well might think twice before taking cheap shots at him. I don’t want Morris to be hurt but don’t grab a bull by the horns. Also funny Butler didn’t want anything with Jokic on the floor but as he was heading back to locker room he suddenly had to be held back lol. 😂 nba tough guys crack me up

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, BGleas said:

This sounds like fake news. I could see the Celtics trying to buy low and offer a package around Marcus Smart (not saying the Sixers would take it), but moving Brown for Simmons doesn't make much sense, unless you have a larger plan to then add a 3rd star to Tatum/Simmons. 

Man Celtics would be nuts to do a trade where they lose Brown but gain Simmons. Give me Jaylen any day of the week over Ben.

This sounds like someone from the 76ers trying to drum up interest in Simmons since there isn't any right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Man Celtics would be nuts to do a trade where they lose Brown but gain Simmons. Give me Jaylen any day of the week over Ben.

This sounds like someone from the 76ers trying to drum up interest in Simmons since there isn't any right now.

Completely agree. I could see the Celtics inquiring about getting Simmons for $0.30 on the dollar with a package around Smart, but the media having those details wrong and assuming it's Brown. 

I would be absolutely stunned and disappointed if the Celtics traded Brown for Simmons. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Completely agree. I could see the Celtics inquiring about getting Simmons for $0.30 on the dollar with a package around Smart, but the media having those details wrong and assuming it's Brown. 

I would be absolutely stunned and disappointed of the Celtics traded Brown for Simmons. 

Anymore i think i would be pissed off if the Pacers even offered T.J. McConnell for Ben lol. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a team i am a fan of.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Markieff Morris just took a hard cheap foul on Jokic and good for the Joker he didn’t stand for that crap and just threw a vicious shoulder into him. Love it when the bullies get stood up to. Good for Jokic for standing up for himself. He has taken a lot of crap after winning MVP…and guys thinking he is soft…well might think twice before taking cheap shots at him. I don’t want Morris to be hurt but don’t grab a bull by the horns. Also funny Butler didn’t want anything with Jokic on the floor but as he was heading back to locker room he suddenly had to be held back lol. 😂 nba tough guys crack me up

My wife saw that this morning and said what a bunch  of P's. The NBA tough guys

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Anymore i think i would be pissed off if the Pacers even offered T.J. McConnell for Ben lol. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a team i am a fan of.

I still think it would be worth it for the Pacers for the right price, but also completely understand not wanting him from the fan perspective. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I still think it would be worth it for the Pacers for the right price, but also completely understand not wanting him from the fan perspective. 

The Pelicans could use Simmons...maybe hanging out with Ben could shed a few lbs. off Zion?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rico said:

The Pelicans could use Simmons...maybe hanging out with Ben could shed a few lbs. off Zion?

Pelicans would do well just to trade Zion for Ben....Zion is going to eat his way out of the league....via injury or just ruin any ability he has. Exercise might help shed some pounds but honestly...altering his eating habits would result in the largest weight loss. I just don't get it....the guy can make several millions and get fat or he could make a billion dollars like Lebron if he was to get a dietician/chef like Lebron. Oh well...he can eat cake either way.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

My wife saw that this morning and said what a bunch  of P's. The NBA tough guys

It was comical. I'm just glad Jokic stood up for himself. I've seen him and other international players getting cheap shots taken at them over the past several years (supposedly they are soft)....love that he showed he isn't going to just lay down for people...and I don't think I want that behemouth of a man mad at me lol.

• Like 1