NBA Thread

49 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Nice 3 for Langford last night. He had 10 last night off the bench. 

Good movement....flashing up the 3pt line then back to get into the passers vision and not just standing in the corner. I hope he doesn't just settle for 3 & D. I think he has enough skill and playmaking ability to do more with his game but at least for now it is a big positive that he is taking steps in the right direction after a disappointing start.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Good movement....flashing up the 3pt line then back to get into the passers vision and not just standing in the corner. I hope he doesn't just settle for 3 & D. I think he has enough skill and playmaking ability to do more with his game but at least for now it is a big positive that he is taking steps in the right direction after a disappointing start.

He is definitely more aggressive and confident in his 3pt shot this year, but even when we watch the games my kids and I always talk about how he hardly every looks to penetrate or be aggressive with the ball. He still pretty much stands in the corner and if it's not an open 3, he's getting rid of it, and if he gets it in transition he most of the time is looking to get rid of it. 

I agree, I'd like to see him be much more than just a corner 3 guys. He's capable of more, but so far doesn't seem too confident in trying it. Maybe as his 3pt shooting continues to improve he'll gain confidence in the rest of his game. 

• Like 1

This is the best video I saw of it.  Malicious by LeBron.  This is not an inadvertent elbow that we have all caught one time or another.  LeBron found a dude stronger than he is, and he did not like it so he went the cheap shot route.

As for Stewart, I don't condone what he did, but as Chris Rock says, I understand it.  If nothing else, give LeBron something to think about the next time he thinks about doing it.  And, second, it is a marker here what LeBron did.  He won't want a pattern attached to his name so in essence Stewart created a deterrent.  He may not have been playing three dimensional chess but he may have Forrest Gumped his way into a good outcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

This is the best video I saw of it.  Malicious by LeBron.  This is not an inadvertent elbow that we have all caught one time or another.  LeBron found a dude stronger than he is, and he did not like it so he went the cheap shot route.

As for Stewart, I don't condone what he did, but as Chris Rock says, I understand it.  If nothing else, give LeBron something to think about the next time he thinks about doing it.  And, second, it is a marker here what LeBron did.  He won't want a pattern attached to his name so in essence Stewart created a deterrent.  He may not have been playing three dimensional chess but he may have Forrest Gumped his way into a good outcome.

Agree, on LeBron. I've watched this several times and I don't see how anyone can say LeBron didn't deliberately do that. I know LeBron is at that point in his career where he's the elder statesmen and the media and former players are always going to protect him, but LeBron clearly just straight up and deliberately punched the guy. 

Almost every media person I've heard is giving him a pass. At most they're saying they're ok with the suspension (while also saying they would not have suspended him) since contact was made to the head, but almost all of them are saying it wasn't deliberate. I don't get it, he straight up just punched the guy. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I wish there was something great I could give you for sharing this gem with me!! Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

Agree, on LeBron. I've watched this several times and I don't see how anyone can say LeBron didn't deliberately do that. I know LeBron is at that point in his career where he's the elder statesmen and the media and former players are always going to protect him, but LeBron clearly just straight up and deliberately punched the guy. 

Almost every media person I've heard is giving him a pass. At most they're saying they're ok with the suspension (while also saying they would not have suspended him) since contact was made to the head, but almost all of them are saying it wasn't deliberate. I don't get it, he straight up just punched the guy. 

I’m not a huge Lebron lover…I mean he is amazing ball player. Best I’ve seen since Jordan no doubt hands down but he really didn’t like being pushed up on. He really doesn’t like a hard foul or really anyone standing up to him or he does stuff like this…except he tries to make it look like an accident…like dude you did that on purpose at least man up and admit it. When he acts childish like that it is just beneath him. It was dirty…so be it. Lots of guys made some dirty plays and are still all time greats….just own it if your going to do that. I mean he basically tries to gaslight the whole Nba like he is the real victim. Anyways…it got kinda dumb as the more it went on but I mean this is what happens in Detroit right??! Lol

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I don't think there has ever been a superstar player that is as unlikable as Lebron is. The guy is as big of a whiny ass douche bag as there is in sports.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Did anybody hear what the couple that got kicked out of the Pacer game at LeBron's request said? I loved the face the woman made 

Fan.jpg.e2c685e467a8e1783b617fc039fb5ad5.jpg

I don't know for sure, but I read that they said something too LeBron about hoping his son dies in a car wreck. Apparently Pacers staff asked them too cool it several times and they just kept pushing. 

Just what I read, not sure if that is accurate. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don't know for sure, but I read that they said something too LeBron about hoping his son dies in a car wreck. Apparently Pacers staff asked them too cool it several times and they just kept pushing. 

I'm no LeBron fan, but If that's what they said I would have been ok with him punk slapping the dude...

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

While they shouldn't have said anything like that, if it is true, Lebron is the last person that should be offended by it after laughing at and mocking an 18 year kid for crying in a courtroom while fighting for his future.

Edited by Hoosier51

16 minutes ago, BGleas said:

If true that is terrible

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

While they shouldn't have said anything like that, if it is true, Lebron is the last person that should be offended by it after laughing and mocking an 18 year kid for crying in a courtroom while fighting for his future.

And these "fans" might have been pointing that out to the King?

On 11/24/2021 at 11:43 PM, IU Scott said:

Only could listen to the last 3 minutes and OT if the Pacers game.  The thing that bothered me was you could tell there was a lot of Laker fans in attendance.  After all the Lakers baskets you could here the roar of the crowd.

That's almost every home game when the opponent has a superstar....I went to Lakers/Pacer games back when it was Reggie and Kobe....there were more Kobe jersey's then Miller ones. Just the way the NBA is. People are just as much fan's of players as teams. I'm sure there was a ton of Lebron fans there.....well there were two non-Lebron fans there but they got kicked out...and perhaps rightfully so...not sure what they said.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1