NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

For all of you Pacer fans, has apathy set in for you too? I just find myself not caring about keeping up with them. Not a fun team to watch anymore. 

I honestly don't even know the guys anymore. I keep seeing close losses after close losses. I heard they wanted to rebuild but for those in the know...is KP the guy you want in charge of the rebuild? I honestly don't much about his track record.

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I honestly don't even know the guys anymore. I keep seeing close losses after close losses. I heard they wanted to rebuild but for those in the know...is KP the guy you want in charge of the rebuild? I honestly don't much about his track record.

Pritchard probably should be let go.  With the injuries and Covid our starting Back court was Sykes and Washington

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

For all of you Pacer fans, has apathy set in for you too? I just find myself not caring about keeping up with them. Not a fun team to watch anymore. 

Apathy has actually set in for me with the whole NBA. I haven't watched a game all season and only a couple the last few seasons. I used to watch three or four games a week no matter who the teams were. There is just no interest or excitement in it for me anymore.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I think RC is a great coach but not sure he has the patience for a rebuild with 19-20 year olds that dominate the drafts now.  He just went through it with the Mavs but they were lucky.  They rebuilt the team by landing one player. Luka.    Still, As a superstar, I think Luka wore on his patience at times.  Dirk may have spoiled him as he bought into every system thrown at him from Nelson to RC.   

Brunson seems to be the only rookie that I've seen him like.  Maybe Crowder.  Duarte seems in that mold.  They were older polished players out of college not 19 year olds. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Lance Stephenson scored 20 points in the first quarter and the Pacers are beating the Nets 37-32 after 1 quarter.

Saw that.  The Pacers are going nowhere, but it was fun to see Born Ready get some of his old fire back tonight.  Pretty good return on a 10-day contract.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

For some reason, I've always liked Lance Stephenson.  My son told me last night that Lance had scored 20 in the first quarter and my response was 'I didn't know he was back with the Pacers.'  I'm totally clueless on the NBA this season.

I was always a fan of his also. When @IU Scott posted he was back with the Pacers i was ok when did that happen. I don't know one thing going on in the NBA this season, other then the Pacers suck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

For some reason, I've always liked Lance Stephenson.  My son told me last night that Lance had scored 20 in the first quarter and my response was 'I didn't know he was back with the Pacers.'  I'm totally clueless on the NBA this season.

Love Lance....was an Artest guy too. By them signing Lance I actually will tune in.

• Like 4

I soaked up all the Dirk hype last night.  Watched entire pregame show, entire game, and entire ceremony of raising number 41 into the rafters.  He might be my favorite pro athlete ever.  Donnie baseball is up there since i grew up in evansville at the same time he did but i probably lean Dirk. 

In his speech, he referred to RC as R Sizzle. lol  Fist time I heard that one.

It is fun watching the videos and when players give their accolades to dirk and hearing the fans ovations.  Jason Terry and JJ Barea are so popular in Dallas.  I think JJ will be a great asset to the Mavs staff when he finally quits playing.  Now in spain. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BGleas said:

Awesome to see Klay back! Would love to see him stay healthy all season and the Warriors win the title. 

Probably one of the most liked guys in the NBA. So funny...the Warriors are like a WWF character. They were the lovable underdogs...then switched and became the heel when KD came on board. Now they are once again cool to root for again. The NBA needs stories like this too. In a league where fans are sick of seeing guys sit out all the time and wondering how much they care to see a story like Klay's and how hard he worked to get back and how much he clearly loves the game....it's a nice story.

• Like 2