NBA Thread

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

They haven't coached @Scottsburg lol 

So, yeah, that's why I'm sitting at a bar in PHX, saw the Buck's coaches attire and was wanting to point it out. I've had to coach in a suit. Bet no suit was a nice Xmas present lol 

Haven't come across too many in HS still doing it. That's impressive and I have a lot of respect for that! Of course it isn't necessary to be a good coach....just man a suit still looks sharp and carries a level of professionalism that is hard to beat imo....which means nothing in the greater view of things...plus when the jacket comes off and get's tossed....wow...now that has an effect lol!!!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I'm with you! Not sure why a basketball coach needs to wear a suit? They look so much more relaxed wearing sneakers, some comfortable pants and a quarter-zip or something. 

Right! And there can be a happy medium between a suit and full AAU mode (when I used to coach in cargo shorts, flip flops, and a hat 😂)! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Right! And there can be a happy medium between a suit and full AAU mode (when I used to coach in cargo shorts, flip flops, and a hat 😂)! 

It's all good my friend. To each their own. In full disclosure I think a suit at a HS game is also a bit too much. I don't care what the college/NBA does. I think a suit looks absolutely G. That's just me...and I'm sure I'm probably in the minority lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Have you coached with a suit on? Lol 

Every game that I coached I wore a suit, jacket did not stay on long first bad call etc, tie usually came up the first time I got really ticked off. 

Many many years ago  when I was a young coach , a group of female students (about 30)  started wearing white button up shirts and ties to the game and when I ripped my tie off and would throw it back to a manager they would then do the same in the cheer block. I was young and stupid and let emotion get the best of me. Having seen this routine too many times my very beautiful wife made a statement to me and my staff as we were sitting in the stands after a game. She said that each time I took off an article of clothing on the floor she would take one off in the stands. At that moment my JV says I resign immediately and will start sitting next to Becky for the rest of the year. I got the point and from that day on kept all of my clothes on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It's all good my friend. To each their own. In full disclosure I think a suit at a HS game is also a bit too much. I don't care what the college/NBA does. I think a suit looks absolutely G. That's just me...and I'm sure I'm probably in the minority lol.

Oh I don't disagree they LOOK good. I just don't believe they're practical. 

27 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Actually even Jay Wright has ditched the suit this year. 

Yeah, I saw that somewhere...too bad...I always thought GQ Jay was the yardstick...

My statement was more in answer to @btownqb's statement below...

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

It's literally more difficult to coach in them. 😂

I think Riles and Jay could dress like Cousin Eddie and still win big :D 

image.png.085685ebeb99ac390aa60d93f360e29d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

To get back on subject…nba announces today Nicholas Claxton has been suspended for 10 games for violating the leagues no disrespecting Lebron rule.

I assumed you were kidding but Googled just to be sure.  Never know with the clowns running things these days...

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I assumed you were kidding but Googled just to be sure.  Never know with the clowns running things these days...

Well, if it was the other way around everyone would be praising Lebron etc etc...just thought it was funny that the announcers wouldn't even say that it was Lebron got dunked on...just the generic defender etc....they didn't dare say his name!

2 hours ago, rico said:

I get it...he is 87 and he wants to win a championship before he dies....but without a major shakeup he ain't going to do it. You aren't winning a championship without a generational type talent on your team....and maybe a couple. We aren't landing them in a trade...and we aren't lucking into drafting them in the late teens/early 20s. I'm not talking about tanking for years like Philly/OKC but this needs stripped down for sure...and grab as much young and prospective talent as you can get and look at a 3-5 year plan.

• Like 1

Just now, IUFLA said:

Now you've got LeBron's fans riled up...

chinese.PNG.c70e4981aef8fc096f193e30516aae74.PNG

:D 

LOL...honestly he had a good game...triple double.......funny thing...Russell Westbrook ALSO had a triple double in the game....but he didn't even get a "he played good" after the game from his coach or Lebron. Throw him under the bus when they lose...when they win....LEBRON!!! 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dgambill said:

LOL...honestly he had a good game...triple double.......funny thing...Russell Westbrook ALSO had a triple double in the game....but he didn't even get a "he played good" after the game from his coach or Lebron. Throw him under the bus when they lose...when they win....LEBRON!!! 

Ok to be fair this has been Russell Westbrook this year….fyi I posted the short clip…there are much much longer ones.

I know I mentioned this before and couldn't remember what you said @BGleas but I'm starting to put things together in the Boston situation. Danny Ainge retires....but instantly goes into the same role essentially in Utah https://hoopshype.com/lists/podcast-danny-ainges-impact-on-jazz-trade-talks-joe-ingles-future/

and Brad Stevens quits coaching and moves upstairs....and the disappointment that are the Celtics and I think everyone is just fed up with these young stars. Then you get comments like Jaylen Brown the other night responding to one of the only veteran/leaders on the team Al Horford says "we got to look in the mirror as individuals" addressing their embarrassing loss to Minnesota.....Brown comments...."yeah, naw"...the problem ain't individuals...ain't him....nope....https://clutchpoints.com/celtics-news-jaylen-brown-eye-opening-response-to-al-horford-call-out/

sorry but Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum are the issue in Boston. Leaders like that who haven't won anything and the world revolves around them...this new bread of NBA stars is just wack...this love fest and wearing other teams jerseys to games and love fest after losing...somebody is going to come along that just hates to lose....and will work his @ss off we won't want to be friends...and he is going to whip all these guys someday...and in the offseason when they are all off in Europe vacationing together he will be in the gym driven to make their lives miserable....and after he beats them....he is going to hand them a tissue....cause they are all as soft as kleenex!

Edited by dgambill