NBA Thread

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

My preference would be this. Sabonis for Haliburton and Bagley plus first rd pick. First off I don't want to pay Fox's ENORMOUS contract....not for a guy that can't shoot 3's...we have too much of that already. Haliburton can shoot better and defend better. Plus we get a look at Bagley and maybe we figure a way to make him work and get him on a cheap deal coming back....if not he helps our cap as he is expiring. Finally a pick because we all don't trust Kings to make it work no matter what they do. I want a draft pick...protected or not!

Now...then I try to work out a deal to move Levert plus Lamb to Cleveland for Sexton and Rubio and protected first. If you can work out an extension for Sexton and let Rubio come off our books we save even more cap space. 

Finally you can move Turner to Charlotte for Bouknight, Washigton, and Plumlee ($$filler). This would really transform the team going into next year with a lot of young, and importantly, athletic talent. Put some athleticism on the floor with Brogdon/Warren if we bring them back or at least get's us vastly restarted on the rebuild.

Backcourt of Haliburton/Sexton/Brogdon with Duarte/Bouknight/ McConnell coming off the bench. (can play Brogdon at the 3 on defense)

Frontcourt would start Bitadze/Plumlee next to Warren/Washington/Jackson....and depending on what happens in the draft you can target best player available in the likely 4-10 range whomever lands there or maybe package some of those picks to move up into the top 3 to land our next star player (Jabari Smith/Holmgren/Banchero). And honestly...I know we want to win right now but if you have a vision for molding young talent....just like Cleveland and Atlanta last year...you can get good fast! 

No

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I see Grayson Allen hasn't changed much. Can't imagine that play won't result in some sort of heavy fine/suspension. Shoot his own teammates didn't seem to have his back. 

Didn’t look intentional to me…just careless with a guy in the air…but those were common fouls back in the 80s when Jordan was going to the rim.

16 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Per a buddy of mine who works for the Pacers, sounds like we just traded Levert to the Cavs. No idea what we’re getting back but wanted to share. 

Didn't get much and Rubio will never play for the Pacers.  He is out for the season and will be a free agent after the year.

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Didn't get much and Rubio will never play for the Pacers.  He is out for the season and will be a free agent after the year.

A pick in the early 20s and one in the early 30s, that’s not anything to scoff at for a wing who can’t shoot threes in the modern NBA. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

So we get that pick as long as Cleveland doesn’t end up in the lottery which looks extremely unlikely. 

So is the second round pick not Cleveland's original pick.  I wouldn't think their second round would be in tbe early 30's.  I do like the young rookies this year because I think Duarte and Jackson will be starting caliber players.  Also I think Washington can be out microwave off the bench.