NBA Thread

Tonight was the first I have watched the NBA in quite a while, so I hadn't seen really seen Haliburton play much but watching him tonight he looks like a star PG in the making to me. He had 14 assist in the victory tonight, and is averaging 20 points and 10 assist in the 4 games since the trade. The Pacers have a nice young backcourt developing with Duarte and Haliburton.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Tonight was the first I have watched the NBA in quite a while, so I hadn't seen really seen Haliburton play much but watching him tonight he looks like a star PG in the making to me. He had 14 assist in the victory tonight, and is averaging 20 points and 10 assist in the 4 games since the trade. The Pacers have a nice young backcourt developing with Duarte and Haliburton.

The Pacers have been much more entertaining to watch with Haliburton running the point.  They play more up tempo and the ball moves so much more.  Guys are cutting instead of standing around and he is finding them for easy buckets in the paint.   

• Like 1

Just now, EvilleHoosier said:

The Pacers have been much more entertaining to watch with Haliburton running the point.  They play more up tempo and the ball moves so much more.  Guys are cutting instead of standing around and he is finding them for easy buckets in the paint.   

Yeah I liked how they played tonight, they played with energy and were decisive with their cuts and movement when Haliburton was in.

Once they add their lottery pick and trade Brogdon they will have some nice young pieces. Duarte, Haliburton, Jackson and their lotto pick is a nice young core to build around.

I need to ask on here outside of my ‘Bulls fan bubble’…..

Is anybody appreciating what DeMar DeRozan is doing this season? He is going full Kobe! Last night he became the first player in NBA history to record 7 straight games of 35 point or more while shooting above 50% (he’s actually averaging 60% in that stretch). This is pretty remarkable considering he’s not a dominant big (Wilt previously had that record) and the amount of mid-range jumpers he shoots. 

20 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

Is anybody appreciating what DeMar DeRozan is doing this season? He is going full Kobe! Last night he became the first player in NBA history to record 7 straight games of 35 point or more while shooting above 50% (he’s actually averaging 60% in that stretch). This is pretty remarkable considering he’s not a dominant big (Wilt previously had that record) and the amount of mid-range jumpers he shoots. 

I am aware that he is killing it.  I am also surprised by his resurgence.  How many game winners does he have this season?  I know he had 2 in a row a month or so back.  

1 minute ago, NotIThatLives said:

I am aware that he is killing it.  I am also surprised by his resurgence.  How many game winners does he have this season?  I know he had 2 in a row a month or so back.  

I don't even know. He's a stone cold killer in late game situations. It's a nice ray of sunshine after watching IU in late game situations. 

I'm really enjoying watching the Bulls this year. They recaptured first place in the East and are on a 5 game winning streak, all without Lonzo, Lavine and Caruso. And it's amazing how fast you can learn to love Ayo when he's on your team. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I don't even know. He's a stone cold killer in late game situations. It's a nice ray of sunshine after watching IU in late game situations. 

I'm really enjoying watching the Bulls this year. They recaptured first place in the East and are on a 5 game winning streak, all without Lonzo, Lavine and Caruso. And it's amazing how fast you can learn to love Ayo when he's on your team. 

I was shocked Ayo kept dropping.  I mean, watching Romeo and then Ayo, there was clearly a different mentality.  It was so obvious.  

31 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I'm lucky since Ayo is on the Bulls, I can still hate him lol. 😁

I just seen today the numbers that DeRozan is putting up and it is kind of crazy. I've always thought he was just kind of and ok player, good but not great, but this season he should probably be in the running for MVP.

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

He had the 2nd all time high score without hitting a 3 since Iverson on 92 I think I heard that last week

12 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He had the 2nd all time high score without hitting a 3 since Iverson on 92 I think I heard that last week

I think last night he actually hit his first 3 in like 4 games. 

Whomever says the mid-range game in basketball is dead should watch DeMar. Of course when one is hitting 60%, analytics go out the window. 

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

The Pacers has bought out Tristan Thompson and is headed to the Bulls.

They certainly can use his rebounding. I'm still not completely sold on the Bulls beating the Nets in the playoffs, the superstar stretch 4's give them problems. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I know there are lots of LeBron haters and I understand it but you cannot discount his greatness on the court. 23 straight games scoring 25 plus points. For someone his age doing it on a pretty average team in the way he is doing it is quite impressive 

Will retire:

1st  Points 

Top 5 assists 

top 5 steals 

top 20 rebounds 

• Like 1

Do you know what current NBA player is leading the league in scoring points in the paint at just under 17ppg?

If you said Ja Morant you would be correct. My prediction that many argued that Morant would be so much better than Zion sures looks pretty good now. I usually try to not be the I told you so guy but ....

Too bad for the Pelicans that there is no lemon law on NBA players.

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Do you know what current NBA player is leading the league in scoring points in the paint at just under 17ppg?

If you said Ja Morant you would be correct. My prediction that many argued that Morant would be so much better than Zion sures looks pretty good now. I usually try to not be the I told you so guy but ....

Too bad for the Pelicans that there is no lemon law on NBA players.

Like you I was never on the overblown Zion hype train. I thought he would be a good player but not the next can't miss great one. If he ever puts his weight problems and injury issues behind him he will have a good career, but I think Morant will have a better one.

You have to feel bad for the Pelicans, there are already rumors that he doesn't want to play there and some think that he won't play for them again. Davis wanting out and Zion never playing they can't catch a break.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier51 said:

Like you I was never on the overblown Zion hype train. I thought he would be a good player but not the next can't miss great one. If he ever puts his weight problems and injury issues behind him he will have a good career, but I think Morant will have a better one.

You have to feel bad for the Pelicans, there are already rumors that he doesn't want to play there and some think that he won't play for them again. Davis wanting out and Zion never playing they can't catch a break.

To be fair to Zion, he delivered on the hype prior to this injury. 

It's not like he was a bust. He averaged 27pp last season on 61.1% from the field. He was also the first player in NBA history to average 25ppg or more under the age of 21. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

To be fair to Zion, he delivered on the hype prior to this injury. 

It's not like he was a bust. He averaged 27pp last season on 61.1% from the field. He was also the first player in NBA history to average 25ppg or more under the age of 21. 

That's good and all but stats aren't everything, wins matter also. I just see Morants teams having more success than Zions. Anthony Davis, Kat and many other players put up great stats, but they don't equal winning. Davis didn't win anything until Lebron.

Morant has his team as the third seed in the western conference currently with Dillon Brooks and Desmond Banes as their second and third leading scorers, which is kind of crazy.

Edited by Hoosier51