NBA Thread

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

To be fair to Zion, he delivered on the hype prior to this injury. 

It's not like he was a bust. He averaged 27pp last season on 61.1% from the field. He was also the first player in NBA history to average 25ppg or more under the age of 21. 

Part of being  pro athlete is taking care of  your body and outside of injuries I think that has been a huge issue. 

• Like 1

I look at Zion/Ja similarly to how I look at Oden/KD… it’s not a fair conversation. None of the picks were bad picks or wrong in either scenario, injuries just became an issue.

Zion would have had, and very well still may have, a stellar NBA career.

Oden showed a lot of signs he could be a dominant center, he just couldn’t stay healthy. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I look at Zion/Ja similarly to how I look at Oden/KD… it’s not a fair conversation. None of the picks were bad picks or wrong in either scenario, injuries just became an issue.

Zion would have had, and very well still may have, a stellar NBA career.

Oden showed a lot of signs he could be a dominant center, he just couldn’t stay healthy. 

Bowie/Jordan?

• Like 3

I have been really impressed with Griffin on Duke now that he past his early season injury.  Maybe the pacer won't need a wing and prefer a big with their pick but could Griffin, Duarte, and Haliburton be the future 1,2 and 3 for this team.  Kid has high BBIQ, is really athletic and looks to have the makings of possessing a lethal 3 point shot. He's 6'6" with a 7'0" wingspan.  I'd put him above Ivey.

9 hours ago, ATX_sig said:

I have been really impressed with Griffin on Duke now that he past his early season injury.  Maybe the pacer won't need a wing and prefer a big with their pick but could Griffin, Duarte, and Haliburton be the future 1,2 and 3 for this team.  Kid has high BBIQ, is really athletic and looks to have the makings of possessing a lethal 3 point shot. He's 6'6" with a 7'0" wingspan.  I'd put him above Ivey.

I prefer Smith, but I think Griffin ahead of Ivey could be a possibility for the Cars. I am just unsure of how Ivey fits with Hali and Duarte. 

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Pacers are probably looking more in the top 5 range than that currently but who knows. Ivey won’t be on the board anyway by 5-10. 

The losses mount up and we are not sorry, keep on tanking for Jabari

With this pick the Pacers aren't tradin let's keep losing for Jaden

How much you wanna bet the Pacers get stuck with a stick called Chet

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

The losses mount up and we are not sorry, keep on tanking for Jabari

With this pick the Pacers aren't tradin let's keep losing for Jaden

How much you wanna bet the Pacers get stuck with a stick called Chet

I am so not a fan of Chet. I think if he stays healthy (not a given at all with his frame IMO) he will be a good player, I just think his ceiling is lower than Smith or Ivey. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rico said:

Dammit.

Yep...really need to climb into that top 3....not sure even though we have picks and players we could trade anyone will be willing to move out of the top 3. Technically top 3 all have equal chance to land #1 pick...and 4 has a decent shot as well. 5 has no shot really.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep...really need to climb into that top 3....not sure even though we have picks and players we could trade anyone will be willing to move out of the top 3. Technically top 3 all have equal chance to land #1 pick...and 4 has a decent shot as well. 5 has no shot really.

I think we still have the assets to move up. 

The number 5 pick, Cavs 1st, Houston 2nd, and Brogdon or Turner should be enough to move up a couple spots. 

16 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I think we still have the assets to move up. 

The number 5 pick, Cavs 1st, Houston 2nd, and Brogdon or Turner should be enough to move up a couple spots. 

None of the teams above us want to trade down....they don't want to win now. Detroit, OKC, Orlando, Houston don't want veterans...they want/need those high picks more than quantity. If we land the 4 spot we have a 12% chance...just two percent less than the top 3 who all have 14%. That 4th spot is critical if we want a chance to land who we want....nobody will trade down past the top 3-4 as they aren't wanting to win now. We need that stud franchise piece than build on the fly similar to Atl/CLE/MEM....if we strike out...then it will certainly prolong our rebuild. We can use those picks and assets to move up with our second 1st from Cleveland into maybe the back end of the lottery but we aren't getting into the top 4.

Edited by dgambill