NBA Thread

9 hours ago, rico said:

Yeah right. He should have came out last year. At least then the questions about him extending his game etc hadn’t been answered. Now not only do you see even worse shooting around the basket and still no range but you add he has a motor issue at times too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Prolly was #32 in Rd #2!  LOL

I can't believe I am seeing more big ten freshman being in tbe first round. Guys like McGowan, Branham, Diabate and Christie have been in more mock drafts.  You have Ivey, Davis and Murray all being in tbe top 10.  Will be interesting who's is staying and who will be leaving the big ten this year.  Listening to the DD show today and Rob Blackman the radio guy for Purdue was on the show. He said this summer that Sasha, Williams and Hunter told Painter that they wouldn't be coming back next year 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I can't believe I am seeing more big ten freshman being in the first round. Guys like McGowan, Branham, Diabate and Christie have been in more mock drafts.  You have Ivey, Davis and Murray all being in the top 10.  Will be interesting who's is staying and who will be leaving the big ten this year.  Listening to the DD show today and Rob Blackman the radio guy for Purdue was on the show. He said this summer that Sasha, Williams and Hunter told Painter that they wouldn't be coming back next year 

I'm not close to the program by any means, but Hunter surprises me a bit.

4 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

I'm not close to the program by any means, but Hunter surprises me a bit.

Both DD and Blackman doesn't understand kids who have eligibility left and no NBA future, would leave college early. Also this was in the summer so they could change their minds.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't want to call Myles a disappointment, because he is a great shot blocker and can stretch the floor, but man has he not lived to what some of the early signs made it look like he could be. 

Right. To be fair, I've not watched a lot recently, I do look at some #s and speak with my dad who doesnt miss a second of them. 

Just seems like he isn't it. 

100% a great shot blocker and human though. Not some pathetic player.. but is he worth 18m? I really don't know. 

• Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Right. To be fair, I've not watched a lot recently, I do look at some #s and speak with my dad who doesnt miss a second of them. 

Just seems like he isn't it. 

100% a great shot blocker and human though. Not some pathetic player.. but is he worth 18m? I really don't know. 

I don't really know, either. He does have an elite skill and he fits what you'd want from a big in the modern NBA from a play style, he just isn't quite good enough at it on offense. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I don't really know, either. He does have an elite skill and he fits what you'd want from a big in the modern NBA from a play style, he just isn't quite good enough at it on offense. 

And is the aggression and activity level there in other aspects regularly? Or is he more engaged when things are going his way? 

But, Pacers arent tied to any of their vets.. I think that is a good thing, more than likely.. right? Can cut ties if things arent working/want to go in a different direction? 

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

And is the aggression and activity level there in other aspects regularly? Or is he more engaged when things are going his way? 

But, Pacers arent tied to any of their vets.. I think that is a good thing, more than likely.. right? Can cut ties if things arent working/want to go in a different direction? 

I think some combination of Myles, Brogdon, and Hield are likely to be moved in the off-season.

We will build around guys like Duarte, Haliburton, Jackson, and the rookies we draft (could be looking at something like pick ~5, ~18, and ~32). Definitely room to move up on those picks with some of our assets and/or acquire more late first/early second round picks. I just wish Jalen Smith could be a part of the future, bummer the Suns didn't pick up his option. 

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I think some combination of Myles, Brogdon, and Hield are likely to be moved in the off-season.

We will build around guys like Duarte, Haliburton, Jackson, and the rookies we draft (could be looking at something like pick ~5, ~18, and ~32). Definitely room to move up on those picks with some of our assets and/or acquire more late first/early second round picks. I just wish Jalen Smith could be a part of the future, bummer the Suns didn't pick up his option. 

If you're moving on from this 3... and Rubio I assume... why not sign him? 

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

If you're moving on from this 3... and Rubio I assume... why not sign him? 

Smith being him? I believe since the Pacers are his current team they can only offer whatever the option would have been so someone else could easily outbid them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I wonder how hard it will be to trade Brogdon and Turner since they are injured a lot. Turner has missed like the last 25 games so I wonder how that will effect his value.

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I wonder how hard it will be to trade Brogdon and Turner since they are injured a lot. Turner has missed like the last 25 games so I wonder how that will effect his value.

I think the Mavs would like to have turner. I don't it will be hard to move either.  Would the Mavs take the Mavs first rounder and THJ or Bertans for turner.  Some matching salary has to come back and those 2 salaries are a match.  Powell, burke and Sterling Brown are expiring contracts in summer of 23.  

9 minutes ago, EvilleHoosier said:

Pacers help themselves by losing to the Cavs.  Need the Cavs to finish no worse than 6th, otherwise they risk losing the lottery protected pick  if the Cavs get knocked out of a play in game. 

Thought the Pacers was going to blow it when they went from down 10 to up 2 with a minute to go.

• Like 1