NBA Thread

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am a big Lance fan. Very cool moment after the last home game

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lance-stephensons-last-pacers-home-111638997.html

The Pacers should just continue to give Lance 1 year deals until he can not play anymore. He is a fan favorite that loves the city and can still make positive things happen on the court in a bench role. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I am a big Lance fan. Very cool moment after the last home game

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lance-stephensons-last-pacers-home-111638997.html

57 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The Pacers should just continue to give Lance 1 year deals until he can not play anymore. He is a fan favorite that loves the city and can still make positive things happen on the court in a bench role. 

I mean...why not?  Especially if he's playing for the vet minimum?  I think the moment I became a Lance fan for life was when he blew in LeBron ear.  That was hilarious...

Lance-Stephenson-blowing-bubbles-400x400.jpg.19417f8f35bc9c3a23808b116449e3bd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/8/2022 at 10:02 AM, Billingsley99 said:

Unfortunately incident coincided with the collapse of the Pacers. That was a fun team

Yep…that team was hard nosed and played hard…but off the court they were weak minded and had huge chemistry issues.

Ive never been a Lance fan. Rooted for him because he was a Pacer but if he wouldn’t have been there was nothing about his game that I got a lot out of. Not sure why he was so beloved…but to each their own.

NBA has to do something about the tanking. Teams purposely losing for months on end. It’s disgusting to watch. Whether that is you can’t have top 5 pick in back to back years…and if you do you fall back to the 10th spot or something…but this purposely losing sucks…and what’s worse if you are a team like the Pacers who usually does everything in your power to win and have a truely franchise worse season and you still don’t end up with a top 5 pick…that’s just nuts..teams like San Antonio and the Pacers and Portland shouldn’t have to go through this and still come out of the draft with avg players.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

NBA has to do something about the tanking. Teams purposely losing for months on end. It’s disgusting to watch. Whether that is you can’t have top 5 pick in back to back years…and if you do you fall back to the 10th spot or something…but this purposely losing sucks…and what’s worse if you are a team like the Pacers who usually does everything in your power to win and have a truely franchise worse season and you still don’t end up with a top 5 pick…that’s just nuts..teams like San Antonio and the Pacers and Portland shouldn’t have to go through this and still come out of the draft with avg players.

Right now the Pacers are in the 5th spot and hopefully they don't get pushed down below 5.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I heard an idea from some talking head.  It was something like, take the bottom ten teams with 10 games to go, whoever has the best record over the final ten games gets the number one pick and so on based on record.  That way, reduces tanking and you would have those 10 teams playing full throttle through the end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I heard an idea from some talking head.  It was something like, take the bottom ten teams with 10 games to go, whoever has the best record over the final ten games gets the number one pick and so on based on record.  That way, reduces tanking and you would have those 10 teams playing full throttle through the end.  

Well that can be very dependent on schedule and who you play etc….but something has to be done. Whether a tournament for the #1 pick or a points based system based on previous draft positions etc. just not fair that the same teams are picking in the top 5 every year.

• Like 1

Thinking about LA and how truly screwed they are I was wondering what they could do to get a competitive team around Lebron again. They can’t move Westbrook without a pick…and they can’t land a pick without moving AD (who in himself has injury issues). I’m wondering who has a pick and a matching salary for AD. Would this work out??? Pacers need to embrace the rebuild…maybe do a buyout on Westbrook and get another pick in top 10 and then would set up for possibly a top 10 next year and then have a crazy young team full of potential moving forward.

27595322-A2B4-49AD-A0FB-2259AAF2F56A.png

DDD9DB38-4FCA-49BD-94A1-8B085C69BB3B.png

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Thinking about LA and how truly screwed they are I was wondering what they could do to get a competitive team around Lebron again. They can’t move Westbrook without a pick…and they can’t land a pick without moving AD (who in himself has injury issues). I’m wondering who has a pick and a matching salary for AD. Would this work out??? Pacers need to embrace the rebuild…maybe do a buyout on Westbrook and get another pick in top 10 and then would set up for possibly a top 10 next year and then have a crazy young team full of potential moving forward.

27595322-A2B4-49AD-A0FB-2259AAF2F56A.png

DDD9DB38-4FCA-49BD-94A1-8B085C69BB3B.png

Wait why are we moving Turner and Hield for Russ? We would need more than a pick around 10 to eat $47M and give those two up IMO. 

Edited by KoB2011

Pacers need to just keep the course they are on. Draft Haliburton running mate with their top 10 pick and if they get Clevelands pick this year maybe try and package it with Brogdon or Turner to move up in the draft. The only trades I want with Myles or Malcolm is for draft picks or young prospects.

Edited by Hoosier51

5 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

Pacers need to just keep the course they are on. Draft Haliburton running mate with their top 10 pick and if they get Clevelands pick this year maybe try and package it with Brogdon or Turner to move up in the draft. The only trades I want with Myles or Malcolm is for draft picks or young prospects.

You don't think Duarte is his future running mate.  I want to see the Pacers in position to draft Smith or Bachero

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

You don't think Duarte is his future running mate.  I want to see the Pacers in position to draft Smith or Bachero

I like Duarte and think he is going to be pretty good. My fingers are crossed for Holmgren, Smith and Banchero will be one and two so the Pacers probably won't be in position to get them.

Haliburton, Duarte, Jackson and Holmgren would be a nice young nucleus to build around.

Edited by Hoosier51

3 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

I like Duarte and think he is going to be pretty good. My fingers are crossed for Holmgren, Smith and Banchero will be one and two so the Pacers probably won't be in position to get them.

Haliburton, Duarte, Jackson and Holmgren would be a nice young nucleus to build around.

I hope the Pacers stay away from Holmgren

• Like 1

23 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Wait why are we moving Turner and Hield for Russ? We would need more than a pick around 10 to eat $47M and give those two up IMO. 

Heild is a negative asset. Bad player on a bad contract. Turner has been basically untradable for two years. We would have moved him if we could. We basically take on Russ for one year for a top 10 Knick pick. It’s what OKC has been doing to get tons of picks…did it with Horford and Walker and they didn’t get lottery picks. So to me it’s a good trade. If you think we can get better than a late first for Turner then I’m all ears but I don’t see it. So to me to flip Turner and Heild for a top 10 pick is a no brainer. We also would have plenty of cap space next offseason to bring in some veteran help and re-sign Halliburton.

Edited by dgambill

Juwan's ties to the Lakers per CBS:

Juwan Howard would surely top their list. He both played with and coached James in Miami, but he is also a collegiate teammate of Pelinka's. He interviewed for the job in 2019 and has gone on to a successful stint as Michigan's head coach. If he's interested in returning to the pros, the Lakers would be a sensible landing spot.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rico said:

Juwan's ties to the Lakers per CBS:

Juwan Howard would surely top their list. He both played with and coached James in Miami, but he is also a collegiate teammate of Pelinka's. He interviewed for the job in 2019 and has gone on to a successful stint as Michigan's head coach. If he's interested in returning to the pros, the Lakers would be a sensible landing spot.

Lakers need a coach to slap the hell out of them.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

Heild is a negative asset. Bad player on a bad contract. Turner has been basically untradable for two years. We would have moved him if we could. We basically take on Russ for one year for a top 10 Knick pick. It’s what OKC has been doing to get tons of picks…did it with Horford and Walker and they didn’t get lottery picks. So to me it’s a good trade. If you think we can get better than a late first for Turner then I’m all ears but I don’t see it. So to me to flip Turner and Heild for a top 10 pick is a no brainer. We also would have plenty of cap space next offseason to bring in some veteran help and re-sign Halliburton.

I see where you're coming from - I don't agree on the value of Hield but think we are pretty close on Turner. 

I think taking on $47M of Russ is pretty tough to net what is likely a pick closer to 10 than 2 (or could even fall into the early teens). But maybe Cleveland wins their play in game so we get that pick, the NYK pick is a top 10, and we can package Russ for something? 

I actually like the guys in the 5-10 range more than most in this draft, so if we ended up with like 4 and 9 I'd be pretty happy. Then something in the late teens could be gravy. 

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I see where you're coming from - I don't agree on the value of Hield but think we are pretty close on Turner. 

I think taking on $47M of Russ is pretty tough to net what is likely a pick closer to 10 than 2 (or could even fall into the early teens). But maybe Cleveland wins their play in game so we get that pick, the NYK pick is a top 10, and we can package Russ for something? 

I actually like the guys in the 5-10 range more than most in this draft, so if we ended up with like 4 and 9 I'd be pretty happy. Then something in the late teens could be gravy. 

Don't want Westbrook and the only reason Pacers would do it is that after next season you would 47 million in Cap space

• Like 1

per hoopsrumors.com

• While James and Davis are widely expected to remain in Los Angeles going forward, Russell Westbrook‘s future is cloudier. According to Charania, rival executives believe the Pacers will be open to discussing trades involving Malcolm Brogdon and Buddy Hield and could emerge as a Westbrook suitor, which is something Marc Stein suggested over the weekend. While Brogdon and Hield would be good fits on the Lakers’ roster, L.A. would likely have to attach sweeteners to Westbrook to realistically make any deal with Indiana.
  • Like 1