NBA Thread

40 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Does that auto translate to next year's pick?  Protected or nah?

Lottery protected next year and if Cleveland doesn't make the playoffs next year they turn into two 2nd round picks.  No way they should have agreed on the second year being lottery protected

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Lottery protected next year and if Cleveland doesn't make the playoffs next year they turn into two 2nd round picks.  No way they should have agreed on the second year being lottery protected

Levert is terrible…they did us a favor taking him off our hands. We got pick 31 plus at worst two seconds. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I really thought they were going to get off a terrible shot once Smart didn't shoot the first look - what a great find by him and a phenomenal job by Tatum of making himself available on the cut. 

Nets should have let Smart shoot. They got the ball out of Brown and Tatums hands…they got the guy shooting they want. Let him have it. Instead two guys get out of position flying out on a close out and give up a layup. They played bad bad defense the last minute. How many easy layups did they give up the last minute..3??

Edited by dgambill

24 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nets should have let Smart shoot. They got the ball out of Brown and Tatums hands…they got the guy shooting they want. Let him have it. Instead two guys get out of position flying out on a close out and give up a layup. They played bad bad defense the last minute. How many easy layups did they give up the last minute..3??

Agree to disagree on the last play being bad defense, but I think any team to ever play basketball would've closed out hard on Smart there. It was an open, set, catch and shoot three. I mean it looked like they gave him no where to go, Tatum just did a great job of making himself available and Smart executed a tough pass.

50 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I really thought they were going to get off a terrible shot once Smart didn't shoot the first look - what a great find by him and a phenomenal job by Tatum of making himself available on the cut. 

Loved that Udoka didn't call timeout when the Celtics got the stop with 10 seconds left. 

Great move by Udoka. Most teams would race up court and call a timeout with like 4 seconds left. But that would have allowed Brooklyn to get Kyrie out of the game for defensive purposes. 

Loved them just being aggressive and playing it out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

Agree to disagree on the last play being bad defense, but I think any team to ever play basketball would've closed out hard on Smart there. It was an open, set, catch and shoot three. I mean it looked like they gave him no where to go, Tatum just did a great job of making himself available and Smart executed a tough pass.

Two guys closed out….how is that not bad defense? Nets gave up lay up after lay up to end the game with little to no resistance. Of course if it’s your guy you are going to close out but you don’t go flying out half hazardly..you give him that low percentage shot for him over him getting past you. It’s what I expect because the Nets have probably the worst defense of any team in the playoffs…East or West. It doesn’t matter though. Even if they win that matchup KD will be exhausted come the next round. If the refs allow Boston to play that physical defense on him all season they will wear him out. Surprised how physical they let the game play out..both sides honestly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Loved that Udoka didn't call timeout when the Celtics got the stop with 10 seconds left. 

Great move by Udoka. Most teams would race up court and call a timeout with like 4 seconds left. But that would have allowed Brooklyn to get Kyrie out of the game for defensive purposes. 

Loved them just being aggressive and playing it out. 

Get downhill before they set up. Nets can’t keep anyone in front of them. Yes excellent call.

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 7:40 PM, dgambill said:

Get downhill before they set up. Nets can’t keep anyone in front of them. Yes excellent call.

I’ve said it since last year.  The media has been slobbering on them in terms of winning the title.  I will believe it when I see it.  Durant was phenomenal last year and we might look back and say that was his peak.  Definitely a good team but I don’t see that group as a champion.  

Bulls with an upset of the Bucks. Middleton got hurt (strained knee) - not sure how long he will be out.  DeRozan is right out of central casting from 1985.  No range on his shot but great in the mid range.  Bulls have amassed some young guys with those high picks.  DeRozan is limited so I don’t know how they go from here to being a top team though.   He’s not going to go for 41 every night but the Bucks can’t just take the Bulls for granted. They had beaten them 18 out of 19 times which is classic big brother territory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Bulls with an upset of the Bucks. Middleton got hurt (strained knee) - not sure how long he will be out.  DeRozan is right out of central casting from 1985.  No range on his shot but great in the mid range.  Bulls have amassed some young guys with those high picks.  DeRozan is limited so I don’t know how they go from here to being a top team though.   He’s not going to go for 41 every night but the Bucks can’t just take the Bulls for granted. They had beaten them 18 out of 19 times which is classic big brother territory.

Hate injuries.  Booker has a hamstring issue and it says likely to miss the next 2 games.  My dad and I were watching and he doesn't know nba just watches some IU and UofL.  I said, "Watch this guy he's one of the top guards in the league right now and really young."  He hit this real quick fall away three in the corner and just did his smooth thing a few other times.  He's so good and just getting better.

Then you got Jamal Murray injured and that denver team plays hard and is good but clearly not good enough without Murray.  

• Like 2