NBA Thread

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My annual why in the heck did the Pacers take TJ Leaf instead of OG Anunoby? I know the 76ers will win the series but OG with a cool 26 last night in defeat. 

That Bucks/Bulls series all of a sudden became interesting with Middleton injury too. 

I liked the pick of Leaf at the time of the draft because I liked him at UCLA. He wasn't overly athletic but he could shoot the 3. He just plain did not develop into what the Pacers were hoping. They'd been looking for a stretch 4 for years. I think he was partially a product of playing with Lonzo Ball but McMillan also did not help him either. That said OG/John Collins should've been the pick. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

My annual why in the heck did the Pacers take TJ Leaf instead of OG Anunoby? I know the 76ers will win the series but OG with a cool 26 last night in defeat. 

That Bucks/Bulls series all of a sudden became interesting with Middleton injury too. 

It's a good thing I'm not more invested in the NBA or this would make me ill every time I thought of it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

It's a good thing I'm not more invested in the NBA or this would make me ill every time I thought of it.

Only happens about twice a year for me. I see OG on highlights in the playoffs for Toronto....and the Pacers are in South Beach or Caribbean already. Will be the same next year in late April. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I liked the pick of Leaf at the time of the draft because I liked him at UCLA. He wasn't overly athletic but he could shoot the 3. He just plain did not develop into what the Pacers were hoping. They'd been looking for a stretch 4 for years. I think he was partially a product of playing with Lonzo Ball but McMillan also did not help him either. That said OG/John Collins should've been the pick. 

The main excuse was OG was coming off the torn ACL. I wanted the Pacers to draft him anyways, but I semi understand. He also does have a long injury history: https://www.foxsports.com/nba/og-anunoby-player-injuries But it's hard not to think "what if". TJ Leaf seemed like a decent pick, but man, what a bust. 

On 4/21/2022 at 4:01 PM, OGIUAndy said:

The main excuse was OG was coming off the torn ACL. I wanted the Pacers to draft him anyways, but I semi understand. He also does have a long injury history: https://www.foxsports.com/nba/og-anunoby-player-injuries But it's hard not to think "what if". TJ Leaf seemed like a decent pick, but man, what a bust. 

I hated passing on OG…that said when Donavon Mitchell fell out of the top 10 I was screaming for the Pacers to trade up every pick until he went off the board at 13….of course now he probably would have been demanding a trade away from the Pacers so what do I know. I just thought with trading PG we was going to need that athletic wing. 

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

what in the duece? I watch roughly 0% of the NBA. is there a backstory or just some nutjob random fan?

Well, I haven't been watching hardly any either.... but I have seen in the highlights that this is like a "thing" right now. I hope the next person that tries this gets beat though lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Well, I haven't been watching hardly any either.... but I have seen in the highlights that this is like a "thing" right now. I hope the next person that tries this gets beat though lol 

Not sure all of the details, but it has something to do with the T-Wolves owner and animal rights. It's been happening at their games. 

I think it was Game 1 of this series where someone chained themselves to one of the hoops. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BGleas said:

Not sure all of the details, but it has something to do with the T-Wolves owner and animal rights. It's been happening at their games. 

I think it was Game 1 of this series where someone chained themselves to one of the hoops. 

Gotcha. Makes more sense now. I didn't realize it was aimed at the owner, I thought it was a league wide thing. Makes way more sense now. Well.... not really, but at least it's just happening there haha

I see your Cs are playing well, though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

See....this is when we need guys like Charles Oakley or Antonio Davis back in the league.  Ain't nobody crazy enough to try that &$^% with guys like that on the floor.  Hell, one good staredown and a muscle twitch from one of those guys and those protesters would be across the Canadian border before you could blink. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

See....this is when we need guys like Charles Oakley or Antonio Davis back in the league.  Ain't nobody crazy enough to try that &$^% with guys like that on the floor.  Hell, one good staredown and a muscle twitch from one of those guys and those protesters would be across the Canadian border before you could blink. 

Or whoever the basketball version of Mike Curtis is...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Just want to say that Tiger Woods broke both legs, recovered and played in the Masters' before Ben Simmons played again. WTF?

...and yet everyone tries to pair that loser with the Pacers.  Give me a willingness to hit the floor over talent that sits.  Between him and Zion, I'm not sure who works their way out of the league faster.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Just want to say that Tiger Woods broke both legs, recovered and played in the Masters' before Ben Simmons played again. WTF?

A) Played in and made the cut. 

B) Not to be forgotten: Tiger is 46.  Simmons is 25.  When you get north of 40.....$%&^ don't heal like it did when you were 25.