NBA Thread

Have I mentioned that I have zero respect for Kyle Lowry as a basketball player? The dude is a complete fraud. 

At least 5 times in this series he has yanked his head back and fallen to the ground clutching his face. Each and every time they've shown the replay and literally nobody has come close to touching him. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

Seems like the Heat have come out fighting tonight and look like the better team, but they’ve got to be disappointed to only be up 5 right now. 

I think it's more that the Celtics need to again cut out the silly, unforced turnovers. 

6 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I think it's more that the Celtics need to again cut out the silly, unforced turnovers. 

They do, but Jimmy seems to have come to play. That’s a big difference maker for the Heat, who have struggled a lot more on offense than on defense this series. 

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I’m eagerly waiting for your tweet about Marcus Smart fouling PJ Tucker into Jaylen Brown for Tuckers third. 

Haha, it was clean 🤣. Just to be clear though, I'm not complaining about the fouls in this game. I'm complaining about Lowry being a complete fraud at this point. 

Just now, BGleas said:

Haha, it was clean 🤣. Just to be clear though, I'm not complaining about the fouls in this game. I'm complaining about Lowry being a complete fraud at this point. 

Yeah he’s definitely drawn about 3 fouls that were incredibly annoying, I get that.

You’ve already acknowledged it about the Celts guys, but trying watching this series as a neutral fan with all these guys on both teams. It’s like watching multiple Brad Davison’s on both teams. 

18 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yeah he’s definitely drawn about 3 fouls that were incredibly annoying, I get that.

You’ve already acknowledged it about the Celts guys, but trying watching this series as a neutral fan with all these guys on both teams. It’s like watching multiple Brad Davison’s on both teams. 

To me, it's Lowry and Tucker on the Heat and Grant Williams and Smart on Boston. I'll also throw in the Bam illegal screens that he gets away with. 

The rest of the guys on both teams (minus Strus, Herro and Vincent on Miami) are pretty straight up good defenders. I include Bam in that too, even though I complained about his screens. 

I get that Smart sells fouls and exaggerates, he definitely does that, my issue with Lowry is that he literally fakes crap that doesn't even happen. 

9 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Another reason Lowry is a clown. The NBA really needs to fix this bench tampering or whatever you want to call it. They fined Dallas 3 times in the playoffs for this stuff. 

Yep this is an issue and needs to be fixed.. I have a feeling it will take something significant to change it. Threaten them with an automatic ejection if it happens. At the very least a technical and free throw for the other team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

It’s hard to fathom Miami winning Game 7, because frankly Miami is just better across the board, but man do I think Sunday will be an all out battle. Two really tough, really tough games in a win or go home for the NBA Finals. Gotta love it!

You think Miami is better across the board? Really? I think Boston is clearly the better team but they've killed themselves mostly with just absurd turnovers throughout the series. 

2 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

Yep this is an issue and needs to be fixed.. I have a feeling it will take something significant to change it. Threaten them with an automatic ejection if it happens. At the very least a technical and free throw for the other team.

Yeah, instead of fines they should have been giving Dallas technicals. 

That Horford shot was a huge shot and you have both Lowry and an assistant literally on the court. 

8 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, instead of fines they should have been giving Dallas technicals. 

That Horford shot was a huge shot and you have both Lowry and an assistant literally on the court. 

Not only can it impact the game but it is also a major safety issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

You think Miami is better across the board? Really? I think Boston is clearly the better team but they've killed themselves mostly with just absurd turnovers throughout the series. 

Yeah that was a massive typo on my part, not sure what was going on in my brain.

• Like 1