NBA Thread

1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Houston must be stoked right now. I think Jabari Smith is the #1 guy in this draft. 

I just got home and was surprised he slipped to 3. When all is said and done, I think he’s going to be the best player to come out of this draft. 

Edited by tdhoosier
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

2019 Indiana All Stars 

If you bet LaRavia +87,654. to be the first player drafted cash that ticket 

who on the team makes the most NIL money?

A dig at Trayce...How kind of you...

You Purdue boys need to get over the NIL stuff... 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The Pacers draft haul was pretty impressive without trading any players to get them. Getting Kendall Brown at 48 could be a steal. Now the Pacers can make trades as the off-season plays out. 

Brown could have went much higher.  Had he of returned for one more year at Baylor, he could have moved up into the late lottery.  Major steal here. 

Got to move Brogdon.

27 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Brown could have went much higher.  Had he of returned for one more year at Baylor, he could have moved up into the late lottery.  Major steal here. 

Got to move Brogdon.

Brogdon will be gone. The Pacers are waiting for a team to miss out on someone in free agency to capitalize on the situation based on that teams need. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Brogdon will be gone. The Pacers are waiting for a team to miss out on someone in free agency to capitalize on the situation based on that teams need. 

I would not be surprised to see Brogdon end up with either Dallas or the Knicks depending on which team Brunson goes to. I feel like you do that he will be the consolation prize for someone

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Looking through the list of undrafted players and the amount of underclassmen,  you have to wonder who is advising these kids. Like every draft the majority of the final 15 picks are over seas guys who won't even be coming over and play in the NBA.

What if playing overseas was the goal? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, btownqb said:

What if playing overseas was the goal? 

Or if the goal was to get a 2-way contract and work on your game full time with an NBA organization while playing against professionals. 

In 2022 there are numerous paths in the world of basketball. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Or if the goal was to get a 2-way contract and work on your game full time with an NBA organization while playing against professionals. 

In 2022 there are numerous paths in the world of basketball. 

It wouldn't take much convincing for me to leave college to be on one of those paths. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

It wouldn't take much convincing for me to leave college to be on one of those paths. 

Agree. Look at Juwan Morgan as an example. While he stayed at IU 4 years, that's not really relevant to what I'm about to say, his situation could be that of any player who left early and was undrafted. 

With that said, Morgan went undrafted but has gone on to play in parts of 3 NBA seasons, has started in the playoffs for Utah, and while on a 2-Way contract this year was on the Celtics active roster during the playoffs/NBA Finals. 

Add to it, his estimated career earnings so far is just shy of $2.5M

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

actually Pack was on that team…

you think TJD is getting more than $400K?   He deserves it 

He may very well be close... He has deals with Merchant’s Bank of Indiana, Pennzoil and, through the Hoosiers For Good NIL.

You still need to get over it... 

3 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree. Look at Juwan Morgan as an example. While he stayed at IU 4 years, that's not really relevant to what I'm about to say, his situation could be that of any player who left early an was undrafted. 

With that said, Morgan went undrafted but has gone on to play in parts of 3 NBA seasons, has started in the playoffs for Utah, and while on a 2-Way contract this year was on the Celtics active roster during the playoffs/NBA Finals. 

Add to it, his estimated career earnings so far is just shy of $2.5M

Million dollars a year to shoot a basketball. I'll take it. 

• Like 1