NBA Thread

59 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Pacers are being viewed as a strong candidate to add Miles Bridges if he chooses to leave Charlotte. The Pistons are a possibility as well. 

Only a couple teams with cap space. Charlotte was moved off their pick to free up space. I think they would be willing to at least trade Hayward plus some draft capital to us if it would free up cap space for them to keep Bridges. There are several teams that might make such deals with us to make room for re-signings or to bring in a max contract like KD etc.

13 minutes ago, rico said:

John Wall to Clips?

That would make a lot of sense. I could see some other teams making a play for him if they say lose out on some of their free agents. Say if Brunson leaves Mavs and if Tyus Jones leaves Memphis…there will be pg minutes to go around and someone might take a flyer on him. He isn’t super efficient but he is far better than Westbrook was last year…just getting paid too much.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Pacers are being viewed as a strong candidate to add Miles Bridges if he chooses to leave Charlotte. The Pistons are a possibility as well. 

Don't think he is worth the max but then again, to get good players you have to over spend if you aren't located in Miami, NY, California or Boston.  

Haliburton/Mathurin/Duarte/Bridges/Turner would be a nice starting 5.  As of now TJ/Hield/Oshae/Jackson off the bench, need more scoring.  This isn't including the other two draft picks.  I am also not factoring in what we get in a return for Brogdon.  Think Jackson is ahead of Goga on depth chart so didn't include him.  

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Don't think he is worth the max but then again, to get good players you have to over spend if you aren't located in Miami, NY, California or Boston.  

Haliburton/Mathurin/Duarte/Bridges/Turner would be a nice starting 5.  As of now TJ/Hield/Oshae/Jackson off the bench, need more scoring.  This isn't including the other two draft picks.  I am also not factoring in what we get in a return for Brogdon.  Think Jackson is ahead of Goga on depth chart so didn't include him.  

I wouldn’t mind maxing a guy like Bridges or Ayton right now because of the Pacers having so many young guys on cheaper deals for a few years. I also think it’s a rare opportunity the Pacers could acquire a talent in FA that could be a valuable piece. Bridges could ply that 3/4 spot at a level that the Pacers haven’t had in several years. I want Bridges over Ayton but I’d be happy with either to help grow this young core even further. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If wall would play some defense, him/PG/Leonard could be a nice three

He isn’t the shooter I think they could use but certainly he has the ability to upgrade them from a distributor standpoint. Hasn’t played much in a long time but I don’t remember him being a big liability on defense so I would think he would help. That said all the stars on that team have a myriad of injuries in their histories. Hard to bet they stay healthy enough to win a championship.

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

I wouldn’t mind maxing a guy like Bridges or Ayton right now because of the Pacers having so many young guys on cheaper deals for a few years. I also think it’s a rare opportunity the Pacers could acquire a talent in FA that could be a valuable piece. Bridges could ply that 3/4 spot at a level that the Pacers haven’t had in several years. I want Bridges over Ayton but I’d be happy with either to help grow this young core even further. 

Depends on your time frame for a rebuild. Look at what the Pistons and Thunder have done in acquiring draft capital by taking on bad contracts. You can rebuild by using your cap space (that no stars want to come play for anyways) and build up a deep young talent pool of players and increase your odds of hitting on a home grown talent. Then when those bad contracts come off the books in a couple years you will have max space to top off your young team with a veteran star or veteran talent to put you in that championship window (Ala like we did bringing in David West but hopefully a better talent than West).

Edited by dgambill

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

do you really think there is interest in Ayton for the Pacers?  Chad Buchannan earlier on the radio this morning said they are not actively shopping Turner.  Now, of course that doesn't mean they won't listen to offers for him.  

14 minutes ago, 02Hoosier said:

What an idiot.  Probably just cost himself 30 million.  Likely staying with hornets on the cheap now.  Good for them, they could use a break after sucking since forever.  

• Like 1

No talk of Brad Beal anywhere.  I guess his agent said they will listen to offers as an unrestricted free agent.  Why not offer him a 2 year max, say go get All nba if you think you can and we will do super max next year after an opt out.  Halliburton, Beal, Duarte, the rookie, and I guess Turner.  

Also, shouldn't the Mavs be in the Brogden sweepstakes?  I think his value will rebound. 

These superstars, their emotions and entitlement.  I'll be ready when this crop of aged superstars are gone.  Bring on Ja, Luka, Giannis, Booker, etc.  Even the Warriors post win makes them loathe some.  Why you chirping at the memphis Grizzlies?  It is however Draymond, who would have won nothing, NOTHING, without Steph and Klay.  

Durant is really freaking good and possibly still capable of pulling MVP but pass.  He's 33.  Injury history.  Attitude history.  Quit on your team twice history.  Lebron has to get AD out and try with KD but what do the lakers have to offer besides AD? 

5 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

These superstars, their emotions and entitlement.  I'll be ready when this crop of aged superstars are gone.  Bring on Ja, Luka, Giannis, Booker, etc.  Even the Warriors post win makes them loathe some.  Why you chirping at the memphis Grizzlies?  It is however Draymond, who would have won nothing, NOTHING, without Steph and Klay.  

Durant is really freaking good and possibly still capable of pulling MVP but pass.  He's 33.  Injury history.  Attitude history.  Quit on your team twice history.  Lebron has to get AD out and try with KD but what do the lakers have to offer besides AD? 

I’m not so sure the new nba stars are going to be any better than the current crop we have had for the last 10 years but look at it this way. Couple more years and Kyrie, Harden, Beal, Lillard, Durant, and Lebron will all be irrelevant. I’m happy for some of these guys that got life changing money and taken their families out of the ghetto etc but these huge contracts and the new media has blown up these guys heads. Most self centered bunch of babies I’ve ever seen. This sort of attitude and the stars taking half the season off is going to hurt the league in the long run. What grew the league and huge audience of fans to the nba in the bird, magic, Michael, Kobe eras will be all but destroyed in the coming decades if this entitled spoiled b!tvhing attitude continues in the nba star community. 

All I got to say is thank God for players like Giannis, Jokic, Steph, Klay, Tatum, and Booker who seem to go about their business drama free and I hope the next generation follow in their footsteps.

• Confused 1

Once again no news from the Pacers and they have the third most salary cap space. The one rumor I thought was intriguing was the sign and trade for Ayton.  I feel he will be part of a trade to the Nets for Durant. Ayton, Bridges and draft picks for Durant is my prediction.

Also was a rumor that the Pacers might look to sign Bridges from Charlotte but now my have legal problems.

11 hours ago, dgambill said:

I’m not so sure the new nba stars are going to be any better than the current crop we have had for the last 10 years but look at it this way. Couple more years and Kyrie, Harden, Beal, Lillard, Durant, and Lebron will all be irrelevant. I’m happy for some of these guys that got life changing money and taken their families out of the ghetto etc but these huge contracts and the new media has blown up these guys heads. Most self centered bunch of babies I’ve ever seen. This sort of attitude and the stars taking half the season off is going to hurt the league in the long run. What grew the league and huge audience of fans to the nba in the bird, magic, Michael, Kobe eras will be all but destroyed in the coming decades if this entitled spoiled b!tvhing attitude continues in the nba star community. 

All I got to say is thank God for players like Giannis, Jokic, Steph, Klay, Tatum, and Booker who seem to go about their business drama free and I hope the next generation follow in their footsteps.

Spot on.  Not sure what's confusing about this post @KoB2011 but everyone has their opinions.  I would leave Dame out of this though.  He's stuck with basically a loser and says he's not joining guys to chase.  But the other of the super star crop.  Can't wait till they ride off into Carmelo like obscurity.  

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Once again no news from the Pacers and they have the third most salary cap space. The one rumor I thought was intriguing was the sign and trade for Ayton.  I feel he will be part of a trade to the Nets for Durant. Ayton, Bridges and draft picks for Durant is my prediction.

Also was a rumor that the Pacers might look to sign Bridges from Charlotte but now my have legal problems.

Nets don’t want Ayton. He’s going to get moved to a 3rd team. The Pacers could also sign him outright if they wanted to as well and Phoenix couldn’t do anything except match the offer which they won’t. Nothing is happening until Durant gets traded though.