NBA Thread

5 hours ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, he's definitely injury prone. Good new is we got him without giving up Smart or Derrick White, so Brogden will have less stress or responsibility. Just need him healthy for April-June (hopefully)  

White and Brogdon may be the best bench backcourt in the league. Can’t really think of anyone else you’d put in the conversation.

Celts essentially have three combo guards in those two plus Smart that can do a lot of things well and should be able to all compliment each other. I like the move a lot for them. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

White and Brogdon may be the best bench backcourt in the league. Can’t really think of anyone else you’d put in the conversation.

Celts essentially have three combo guards in those two plus Smart that can do a lot of things well and should be able to all compliment each other. I like the move a lot for them. 

Yeah, I love these moves. We added two legit rotation guys in Brogdon and Gallinari while basically giving nothing up, and I don't think Stevens is done. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Spot on.  Not sure what's confusing about this post @KoB2011 but everyone has their opinions.  I would leave Dame out of this though.  He's stuck with basically a loser and says he's not joining guys to chase.  But the other of the super star crop.  Can't wait till they ride off into Carmelo like obscurity.  

My only point with Lillard is the Im not sure I want to stay or go stuff. True he has been mostly drama free. So probably not a good example. The rest of these guys throwing hissy fits after being handed all the players they want and then it doesn’t work and they demand to be traded out…and not only that but want to hand pick the team eliminating the Original teams chance to get much of anything in return…now they also are saying who must be in the trade because if the guys they want are part of the trade they no longer will go. Wtf!

38 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, I love these moves. We added two legit rotation guys in Brogdon and Gallinari while basically giving nothing up, and I don't think Stevens is done. 

You need another big. I mean Gallinari can play that stretch 4 even though he is sort of a guard but you can’t expect Williams and Horford to stay healthy all year. I really thought you guys might go after Jalen Smith so I’m happy we were able to resign him. Be interesting to see who you bring in…moved a bunch of players so you have room. Imagine you save space for the buyout season later in the year. You will be a destination.

I wanted to see more Naismith last year for you guys…just seemed he lost his confidence. He shot like 37% (albeit on limited attempts) his rookie year and was billed a shooter. I hope we give him a lot of run and see what he has there. I still think there is hope for him.

Theis can be flipped again for maybe a second . We have huge cap space to take on bad contracts and take pics back. I don’t really want Ayton so hopefully we are done in free agency. Just would like us to be smart with our cap space to take back assets using it with s/t guys like Warren and Rubio. We still have Heild and Turner to move…so work isn’t done. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You need another big. I mean Gallinari can play that stretch 4 even though he is sort of a guard but you can’t expect Williams and Horford to stay healthy all year. I really thought you guys might go after Jalen Smith so I’m happy we were able to resign him. Be interesting to see who you bring in…moved a bunch of players so you have room. Imagine you save space for the buyout season later in the year. You will be a destination.

I wanted to see more Naismith last year for you guys…just seemed he lost his confidence. He shot like 37% (albeit on limited attempts) his rookie year and was billed a shooter. I hope we give him a lot of run and see what he has there. I still think there is hope for him.

Theis can be flipped again for maybe a second . We have huge cap space to take on bad contracts and take pics back. I don’t really want Ayton so hopefully we are done in free agency. Just would like us to be smart with our cap space to take back assets using it with s/t guys like Warren and Rubio. We still have Heild and Turner to move…so work isn’t done. 

Yeah, we'll add another big. Apparently the Celtics are one of the finalists for Thomas Bryant. Not sure if we'll get him, but either way Stevens isn't done. 

Nesmith could be a solid rotation player if he can figure out his shooting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, we'll add another big. Apparently the Celtics are one of the finalists for Thomas Bryant. Not sure if we'll get him, but either way Stevens isn't done. 

Nesmith could be a solid rotation player if he can figure out his shooting. 

I’m happy with taking a flyer. Very happy to be off Brogdons deal. Course he will probably be healthy for you guys…he isn’t a bad player but just never available. I like what Stevens has done. I don’t think he is finished either. Going to be dangerous next year…Bucks have done well too…that’s my ECF.

• Like 2

The Pacers are lacking the go-to type players but they are identifying quality young talent even if it’s a lot of complimentary guys.  They aren’t accumulating a bunch of flawed knuckleheads that are losers.  Now they need to get lucky and land an aircraft carrier.  I like the moves in terms of who they’ve jettisoned.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

Jalen Smith signing with the pacers for less than market is one of the pros of the Simon family way.  Treats these guys like sons and some want to stay, even at a discount.  

Well he will have unlimited minutes here to show out and grow his game if he wants. Could lead to a big contract in a couple years or if he fails no sweat off our backs. He will help us tank for a top 2023 pick.

15 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The Pacers are lacking the go-to type players but they are identifying quality young talent even if it’s a lot of complimentary guys.  They aren’t accumulating a bunch of flawed knuckleheads that are losers.  Now they need to get lucky and land an aircraft carrier.  I like the moves in terms of who they’ve jettisoned.  

I’m hoping the lottery pick in the 23 draft will land us that stud. We should then have enough pieces around him to grow and mold us into a fun team to watch. Cap space can then be moved to add veteran help ready to win.

• Like 1

Turner and Heild still need to be moved. More assets will be needed to rebuild this fast. Doesn’t matter if they are all in the 20s. Get all the 23 picks we can and use them to move up next year. Two lottery picks in that draft should be enough to get this thing off the ground.

Edited by dgambill

Sneakily - I think the Bucks signing of Joe Ingles, assuming they're healthy, could be the best move in the East. 

I really can't see Lopez/Portis, Giannis, Middleton, Ingles, Holiday getting beat by anyone in the East. That's pushing the ideal basketball (or at least with realistic team makeups) lineup in terms of spacing, defense, and playmaking IMO.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Sneakily - I think the Bucks signing of Joe Ingles, assuming they're healthy, could be the best move in the East. 

I really can't see Lopez/Portis, Giannis, Middleton, Ingles, Holiday getting beat by anyone in the East. That's pushing the ideal basketball (or at least with realistic team makeups) lineup in terms of spacing, defense, and playmaking IMO.

Ingles impresses me as one of the savviest players in the league.  Every time I saw him on Utah he was hitting shots with range or making a great pass like in two man ball with Rudy or Mitchell.  Imagine him working with Giannis.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rico said:

Westbrook with Simmons intrigues me.

You know basketball as well as anyone on here.  The combo is interesting to say the least.  I think you have a point that they can play off each other.  It would be much better than having Westbrook with Lebron so I see your point.

Simmons has gotten to the point that he is so maligned that I would say he has become underrated.  Everyone has that image of him literally turning down a layup in the playoffs because he was more terrified of going to the line than a teenager alone in the woods in a horror flick.  Tremendous defender and initiator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The Nets can’t seem to ever get out of their own way in terms of stupidity 

They are trying to ship off salary with the move. Probably trying to add Joe Harris bloated contract with it. Nets are looking to be able to clear all the salaries off the book and just hit the ground running in free agency next year with any young players they acquire through all this. Westbrook will be expiring and then they can rebuild in earnest. Westbrook might not be a winning player but he isn’t a cancer like Irving.

6 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The Warriors are either reportedly interested or it’s just speculation.  I am not sure if it’s made up or real reporting.   Basically the idea is they ship Poole and Wiseman with Wiggie going to a 3rd team for Durant.  That would be an intriguing package.   

If they send Wiggins to a 3rd team the Pacers could use a 6'8 wing player

• Like 1