NBA Thread

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If they send Wiggins to a 3rd team the Pacers could use a 6'8 wing player

He doesn’t fit our rebuild time frame. Funny but Minnesota could use someone just like him lol. Portland/Memphis/Utah/Cleveland could all use him. I don’t see GS going round two with Durant and how would he go back?? Seems weird. 

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

The Warriors are either reportedly interested or it’s just speculation.  I am not sure if it’s made up or real reporting.   Basically the idea is they ship Poole and Wiseman with Wiggie going to a 3rd team for Durant.  That would be an intriguing package.   

Wiggins can’t go to the Nets as long as Simmons is on their roster due to the type of contract they are on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

Wiggins can’t go to the Nets as long as Simmons is on their roster due to the type of contract they are on. 

Same with Bam and the Heat. A lot of this is complicated. Finding an adequate deal for the Nets will be difficult….and likely involve a 3rd team.

Edited by dgambill

20 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Same with Bam and the Heat. A lot of this is complicated. Finding an adequate deal for the Nets will be difficult….and likely involve a 3rd team.

Pacers have apparently reached out to the Nets - can't imagine it was to try to acquire KD for us. I think KP is trying to play the third team angle. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Pacers have apparently reached out to the Nets - can't imagine it was to try to acquire KD for us. I think KP is trying to play the third team angle. 

It has to be about being a 3rd team. It makes no sense to try and acquire KD. There also so much crap being floated around right now I don’t think anyone knows what’s really going on and likely won’t until the Nets decide on KD’s destination. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Sneakily - I think the Bucks signing of Joe Ingles, assuming they're healthy, could be the best move in the East. 

I really can't see Lopez/Portis, Giannis, Middleton, Ingles, Holiday getting beat by anyone in the East. That's pushing the ideal basketball (or at least with realistic team makeups) lineup in terms of spacing, defense, and playmaking IMO.

Agree for the most part. When I saw the Ingles signing on the bottom line, I immediately thought that was a great pickup for Milwaukee. 

I don't think it necessarily makes them unbeatable or anything, but most likely the favorites. 

I think right now (still early with moves though) in the East it's the Bucks and Celtics at the top. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DC2345 said:

It has to be about being a 3rd team. It makes no sense to try and acquire KD. There also so much crap being floated around right now I don’t think anyone knows what’s really going on and likely won’t until the Nets decide on KD’s destination. 

Pacers are one of the few teams with cap space to help facilitate these type of trades. Possibly willing to take on a bad contract in the hopes of getting compensation or perhaps using Heild/Turner would matchup to a max contract in a match for one of these guys on their rookie extensions. We have the flexibility that most of the cap out teams don’t. In the end we will want to be compensated and deservedly so for helping teams be able to facilitate the movement. I’m thrilled we have been smart to maximize our cap space. In a rebuilding effort this is how OKC and Detroit have been able to take on salary for extra bites at the Apple in finding young players for their rebuilds. I don’t care if we don’t get any substantial players out of any deals or bring in big free agent this offseason or maybe even next. Would love to just run out a youth movement and identify a few guys that have a winning personality and add some winners and maybe next offseason or two finally use the cap space to jump back into the playoff hunt.

9 hours ago, KDB said:

Thomas Bryant back with the Lakers! 

Glad he’s back in the purple and gold.

Was hoping the Celtics were going to get him. He would have been great backing up Rob Williams. 

But, I get him going to LA with the potential to earn a starting spot. 

• Like 1

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10041127-chet-holmgren-showcases-thrilling-upside-in-summer-league-debut

Chet Holmgren looked good in his first game.  I have said it for a long time.  People are being distracted by his skinniness.  The guy is incredibly skilled and has a great motor.  What won me over with him was when I saw him play defense.  It wasn't his height.  It was how mean and nasty he is on D.  He wants to shove the ball back down your throat and he is quick and long enough to do it.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10041127-chet-holmgren-showcases-thrilling-upside-in-summer-league-debut

Chet Holmgren looked good in his first game.  I have said it for a long time.  People are being distracted by his skinniness.  The guy is incredibly skilled and has a great motor.  What won me over with him was when I saw him play defense.  It wasn't his height.  It was how mean and nasty he is on D.  He wants to shove the ball back down your throat and he is quick and long enough to do it.  

What are the Vegas lines saying about RoY for this coming season?

2 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I'm right there with you...Oh, that the Pacers could have gotten this guy...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have to watch with my hand partially covering my eyes, just waiting for a bone to break through the skin.  I think he has the highest potential to be great or be a bust. 

Shawn Bradley says, "hello"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rico said:

Shawn Bradley says, "hello"

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

He could be Bradley of Durant, hopefully not a big P like Durant. 

Aside from being tall and white, I don't recall much of any similarity in their games.  Holmgren seems light years ahead of Shawn Bradly in shooting, ball handling and athleticism.  Bradley was a good player, but he was pretty much a traditional post player who was very tall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I have to watch with my hand partially covering my eyes, just waiting for a bone to break through the skin.  I think he has the highest potential to be great or be a bust. 

I get that, but man, is he looking good now.  Should I start a "Chet Holmgren...the next Larry Bird?" thread?

• Haha 2