NBA Thread

Yikes! Jake LaRavia is averaging just 2.5ppg in 24.4mpg in 4 games at the Vegas Summer League. 

I'm fairly big believer that you can't take much from summer league, but the little you can take is usually if a player does really bad. The good doesn't always translate but the bad usually does. 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Suns matched almost immediately. 

Well that sucks big time. Beat writer for the Sun's predicted if Ayton went to the Pacers that the Pacers might make the playoffs.  With no quality starting center on the roster the Pacers have a happing hole.  All Turner can do is block shots and is a horrible rebounder.

5 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Donovan Mitchell is beloved by Louisville.  Indy is close to Louisville.  Maybe he would be happy here and stick around.  Big cry baby Durant.  Won't be happy anywhere. 

Not willing to give up players and probably 5 first round picks for Mitchell

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Not willing to give up players and probably 5 first round picks for Mitchell

Im with you.  

What I don't get is you posting every 20 minutes about Ayton.  Maybe he is trajecting to the likes of Embiid or Jokic but it was a year early and the ship has sailed.  

What's the next play? 

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Funny the Sun's last year thought he wasn't worth signing the extension but now they do

In essence they saved committing to 1 more year.  In all honesty I think they were hoping he would sign the qualifying offer and have 1 more year to run it back….that or some team would offer him like 25 million and they wouldn’t have to match a max.

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yikes! Jake LaRavia is averaging just 2.5ppg in 24.4mpg in 4 games at the Vegas Summer League. 

I'm fairly big believer that you can't take much from summer league, but the little you can take is usually if a player does really bad. The good doesn't always translate but the bad usually does. 

I haven’t watched any of his games….sometimes you get some selfish teams that don’t want to share the ball etc….but yeah that doesn’t speak well. I mean I knew he would have trouble creating his own shot but he is going to need a lot of help from his teammates if he is going to be productive.

46 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wow.  I guess good for all 3 parties.  Pacers can suck one more year.  Build even more capital by shipping Heild and Turner.  Run the new guys.  

This…this worked out perfectly. Pacers showed they are willing to pay (helps negotiations in the future) but end up not having to commit and can tank for Victor.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Pacers waived like 4 players to make room for Ayton, do will they try to bring back any of them

Pacers: We have waived Duane Washington, Jr., Nik Stauskas, Malik Fitts and Juwan Morgan.

Not sure this needed to be done. Something else might be in the works.

I would be asking GM KP why he couldnt get a sign and trade done knowing the Suns were going to match. The offer was a show for the fans, look, Herb Simon got off his dead ass and blew the dust off of some cash. Dont be fooled, Herb loves his money, it was all a show.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I would be asking GM KP why he couldnt get a sign and trade done knowing the Suns were going to match. The offer was a show for the fans, look, Herb Simon got off his dead ass and blew the dust off of some cash. Dont be fooled, Herb loves his money, it was all a show.

Suns was unwilling to discuss a sign and trade. Appears that the Suns wasn't interested in Turner

Edited by IU Scott