NBA Thread

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

That's dirt cheap.  I thought he wouldn't settle for less than 20.  But the 1 year 5 mil to me just proves he's not close and still has a long road to go.  

Hasn't only like 2 players ever successfully come back from this injury?

I'm not sure it means much for his rehab. I have two takes on it:

1) He can rehab slower now because he has no pressure to help a team, and get a title. Proving he is himself for the playoff run should land him a big deal next year. It's actually a really smart move by Boogie. 

2) I agree it's a really hard injury to come back from. It makes it all the more confusing when people expect an incredibly flawed player in Davis to come back and be an impact guy next year. 

• Like 1

That about sums it up for me too Kob. It’s a great move for Boogie and a good move for GS as well. I thought they’d get Dwight which would have made them better than them adding Boogie (come playoff time that may or may not be true) so in a weird way this deal should be a relief to Warriors haters ironically enough lol.

Agree with you too HH. Good deal for the Pels.

• Like 2

OG's run so far in summer league, improving and being featured --

v Pelicans (L), 3-11, 1-6 from arc  for 9, 7 boards, 1 steal, 1 block

v TWolves (L), 5-15, 1-4 from arc for 13, 7 boards, 3 assists, 1 block

v Nuggets (W), 9-17 and 2-7 from arc, for 22, 4 boards, 1 block

v Thunder (L), 6-14, and 4-10 from the arc for 19, 6 boards, 2 blocks

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

OG's run so far in summer league, improving and being featured --

v Pelicans (L), 3-11, 1-6 from arc  for 9, 7 boards, 1 steal, 1 block

v TWolves (L), 5-15, 1-4 from arc for 13, 7 boards, 3 assists, 1 block

v Nuggets (W), 9-17 and 2-7 from arc, for 22, 4 boards, 1 block

v Thunder (L), 6-14, and 4-10 from the arc for 19, 6 boards, 2 blocks

Good to see him getting more of a green light, although those aren’t great shooting percentages.  Hopefully the new coaching staff in Toronto finds ways to get him more involved in the offense than he was last year.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

^^ You probably are well aware of this but wins and losses mean next to nothing in summer league, it's all about player development and identifying players. Big swings like that during games are common as different players and lineups are moved in and out.

I know that but it is still good if your team does well in the summer league especially how they are doing it this year.

54 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Good to see him getting more of a green light, although those aren’t great shooting percentages.  Hopefully the new coaching staff in Toronto finds ways to get him more involved in the offense than he was last year.

Yeah, last two games have been better. Good that he's being featured.

2 hours ago, FW_Hoosier said:

During the game they had someone from the front office (I think it was front office) and they said OG would have more freedom in the offense next season.

54 minutes ago, ADegenerate said:

During the game they had someone from the front office (I think it was front office) and they said OG would have more freedom in the offense next season.

I’ve said it before, but literally the only thing he did in their offense last season was run down the floor and stand in the corner for the entire possession.  I guess he may not have been ready for much more at that point, but I gotta think he’s able to do more now.

Here are the final (assuming Watford doesn't see any more action) NBA summer league stats + videos for the top 3 performers.

I really found the Robert Johnson video interesting.  He looks like he has found a new gear.  It's just one highlight reel but there's more there than what I remember from RoJo.  He should find a solid role in the G-league.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/hoosiers-in-the-2018-nba-summer-league-final-recap/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Daily Hoosier said:

Here are the final (assuming Watford doesn't see any more action) NBA summer league stats + videos for the top 3 performers.

I really found the Robert Johnson video interesting.  He looks like he has found a new gear.  It's just one highlight reel but there's more there than what I remember from RoJo.  He should find a solid role in the G-league.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/hoosiers-in-the-2018-nba-summer-league-final-recap/

Reading this makes me LOL at the sparkling summer performances put up by the highly touted Smellermaker senior class.

Don't see James having any chance of sticking even in the G league at this point.  Rojo spending another year at IU helps his chances.  Thomas looking like he has a solid chance and OG, Yogi and even Troy look like they'll stick around for awhile.

6 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Reading this makes me LOL at the sparkling summer performances put up by the highly touted Smellermaker senior class.

Don't see James having any chance of sticking even in the G league at this point.  Rojo spending another year at IU helps his chances.  Thomas looking like he has a solid chance and OG, Yogi and even Troy look like they'll stick around for awhile.

I was stunned every time I heard seemingly smart people saying that Mathias would get drafted and/or make it in the NBA.  Dude was a solid college player but come on.  He has nothing going that translates to the NBA.