NBA Thread

I prefer one NBA thread and I prefer it be on the basketball page.  So do my 9 exes and my 4 girlfriends.  That's 14 votes right there.

Seriously, it makes no sense to talk about Victor Oladipo in one thread and Myles Turner in a different one.

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I prefer one NBA thread and I prefer it be on the basketball page.  So do my 9 exes and my 4 girlfriends.  That's 14 votes right there.

Seriously, it makes no sense to talk about Victor Oladipo in one thread and Myles Turner in a different one.

To see response go to Animal House NBA THREAD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't speak for the other mods on this one, but fwiw (not a lot) I agree with you. I think the NBA thread got moved to the Animal House because it's not IU-related and we're almost to the season. Generally, we like seeing the Animal House be an active forum and that might've played a part. We mods will talk about the NBA thread given these comments. It may stay where it is, but we'll talk about it -- 

4 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I don't speak for the other mods on this one, but fwiw (not a lot) I agree with you. I think the NBA thread got moved to the Animal House because it's not IU-related and we're almost to the season. Generally, we like seeing the Animal House be an active forum and that might've played a part. We mods will talk about the NBA thread given these comments. It may stay where it is, but we'll talk about it -- 

Dump the NBA thread alltogether and have all NBA talk here.

• Like 2

Assume that Vic and the Pacers have the night off.  But, every other former Hoosier is in action and, miraculously, all are on TV.  Who are you watching and why?

OG Anunoby - Raptors

Thomas Bryant - Wizerds

Yogi Ferrell - Kings

Eric Gordon - Rockets

Noah Vonleh - Knicks

Troy Williams - Pelicans

Cody Zeller - Hornets

Before this year, it was an easy choice for me, because I liked watching teh Mavs play and the way Yogi fit on that team.  Now that he moved to Sacramento, I just can't mentally get excited about the Kings.  I don't enjoy watching the Rockets either, so Gordon, would be the natural second choice would not be it either.

With the coaching change in Charlotte, I'm hoping Cody has an expanded role, so I'm going with Cody and the Hornets.  If Charlotte ends up being the same old Charlotte, then it will likely end up being OG and the Raptors.

Edited by 5fouls

35 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Assume that Vic and the Pacers have the night off.  But, every other former Hoosier is in action and, miraculously, all are on TV.  Who are you watching and why?

OG Anunoby - Raptors

Thomas Bryant - Wizerds

Yogi Ferrell - Kings

Eric Gordon - Rockets

Noah Vonleh - Knicks

Troy Williams - Pelicans

Cody Zeller - Hornets

Before this year, it was an easy choice for me, because I liked watching teh Mavs play and the way Yogi fit on that team.  Now that he moved to Sacramento, I just can't mentally get excited about the Kings.  I don't enjoy watching the Rockets either, so Gordon, would be the natural second choice would not be it either.

With the coaching change in Charlotte, I'm hoping Cody has an expanded role, so I'm going with Cody and the Hornets.  If Charlotte ends up being the same old Charlotte, then it will likely end up being OG and the Raptors.

Vonleh all the way!

:coffee:

12 hours ago, 5fouls said:

OG Anunoby - Raptors

Thomas Bryant - Wizerds

Yogi Ferrell - Kings

Eric Gordon - Rockets

Noah Vonleh - Knicks

Troy Williams - Pelicans

Cody Zeller - Hornets

It would largely depend on who they are playing against. Pretty cool IU has players on 4 of the top 10 or so teams in the league. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 4:25 PM, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

We gave him what he thought were binoculars and a recon mission, but it was actually a View-Master. He is probably out in the bushes somewhere enjoying some scenic images of the Grand Canyon.

You guys are just jealous that my sources are actually real people with quotes and photos.  :coffee:

• Like 1

Tough news for Thunder fans (and PG fans like yours truly), Roberson out 2 additional months. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-andre-robersons-injury-setback-puts-the-thunders-playoff-chances-in-jeopardy/

Meanwhile though not in this article, Spurs starting pg Murray went down with a knee injury, unclear as of now how long. And we haven't even started the season yet. Health is so key.

Edit -- update on Spurs' Murray, torn right ACL, out indefinitely. Major hit to the Spurs.

10 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Hoopster.  Any clue on the issue that kept OG away from the Rsptors for several days.  The say its 'personal' but does that mean family stuff or is their some kind of disagreement with the team?

Nope none, good question. Usually though it just means family stuff, etc., and does not signal a team disagreement. All I've heard about OG and the Raptors is that the Raps love him and he's a big part of their plan going forward. 

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Hoopster.  Any clue on the issue that kept OG away from the Rsptors for several days.  The say its 'personal' but does that mean family stuff or is their some kind of disagreement with the team?

OG told me he loved playing for Tor. Guessing its not that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1