NBA Thread

30 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Does not sound good.  Pacers may actually regret letting Lance go.

Actually have read where JJ Reddick almost signed with the Pacers but at the last minute resigned with the Sixers.  His shooting coming off the bench would have been great but hopefully Evans can turn it around.

13 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually have read where JJ Reddick almost signed with the Pacers but at the last minute resigned with the Sixers.  His shooting coming off the bench would have been great but hopefully Evans can turn it around.

Hmmmmm, you watch the NBA?  Wow.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

He did the same thing I did when the Pacers got Vic...suddenly it's a much more interesting team because the personnel are much more likeable.

I always watched the Pacers even when they won 20 games a year in the early 80s. I just don't really find the rest of the NBA that interesting to watch but that is just my opinion..

10 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I always watched the Pacers even when they won 20 games a year in the early 80s. I just don't really find the rest of the NBA that interesting to watch but that is just my opinion..

I shut em off after the malice in the palace and really didn't get interested in them until Vic came to town.

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

I shut em off after the malice in the palace and really didn't get interested in them until Vic came to town.

I watched that game live. Couldn’t believe Artest’s stupidity - that was a potential Finals team, great balance with Reggie as a vet, Jermaine et al. They were curb stomping Detroit, and then came the stupidity 

1 hour ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I watched that game live. Couldn’t believe Artest’s stupidity - that was a potential Finals team, great balance with Reggie as a vet, Jermaine et al. They were curb stomping Detroit, and then came the stupidity 

Artest was truly a ten cent head. The people who frown at Lance's silliness surely must not remember what an idiot Ron Artest was. I'm trying to remember a player I liked less.

2 hours ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Funny story, I watched the brawl in the Celtics locker room. We had a home game and I had just walked the last of the media out to close the locker room to them, and watched the brawl with some staff and players. The Celtics next game was at Indiana and we were all stunned watching it unfold. On Pierce’s way out of the locker room to head to the airport, he was celebrating and dancing because he wouldn’t have to be defended by Artest the next night.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ButlerHoosier said:

Yea everyone knew Lue was basically a patsy there to just tame the egos. Once James left there went his job. Well now they can play for the next big star and trade Love for another high 1st round pick. 

Ya, he's "sore."  Resting him to either just save and stash his body for next year or to make sure he's 100% healthy by trade deadline.  They are already tanking without trying to tank so they have that covered.  https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavaliers-kevin-love-might-face-extended-absence-due-to-foot-soreness-per-report/

Mixed thoughts on this record by Klay T --

"CHICAGO -- Golden State Warriors All-Star swingman Klay Thompson set a new NBA record by knocking down 14 3-pointers in Monday night's 149-124 win over the Chicago Bulls.

Thompson went 14-for-24 from beyond the arc and 18-for-29 from the field, racking up 52 points in 27 minutes while raining down shots from all over the floor."

OK, who the heck takes 24 3-point shots in a game? I mean seriously, that's just crazy. Yeah he got a record with 14 3's, but he took freaking 24 of them. If a bunch of guys were taking 24 3's that record would fall pretty quickly. That's just out of control. Then there's the fact this was against a Bulls' team that just doesn't play D, like, at all. At one point the score was something like 95 to 40 something. I don't know, it's a real accomplishment but then, I'm not sure it really is.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

"CHICAGO -- Golden State Warriors All-Star swingman Klay Thompson set a new NBA record by knocking down 14 3-pointers in Monday night's 149-124 win over the Chicago Bulls.

Thompson went 14-for-24 from beyond the arc and 18-for-29 from the field, racking up 52 points in 27 minutes while raining down shots from all over the floor."

OK, who the heck takes 24 3-point shots in a game? I mean seriously, that's just crazy. Yeah he got a record with 14 3's, but he took freaking 24 of them. If a bunch of guys were taking 24 3's that record would fall pretty quickly. That's just out of control. Then there's the fact this was against a Bulls' team that just doesn't play D, like, at all. At one point the score was something like 95 to 40 something. I don't know, it's a real accomplishment but then, I'm not sure it really is.

I've never been accused of being great at math but 14/24 seems pretty great. Did you expect someone to make 14 in a game on 18 shots?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Either way, it won’t be a record for very long.  Steph will break it before the end of the season.