NBA Thread

20 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The Pacers outshot the Rockets enormously at the foul line. The awful 4th quarter until Vic came to save the day again was what doomed them. 

Only a Cers fan can gripe about the refs with a straight face after shooting twice as many FTs as the other team. 😂

Edited by FW_Hoosier

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I'm going to assume you did not watch the game.  It was blatant.

I will admit I didn’t get to watch the game tonight.  But going off of the reaction on here to all the playoff games I watched last season (and my experiences with Pacers fans generally), I’m going to assume it wasn’t nearly as bad as it’s being portrayed, lol.

3 minutes ago, FW_Hoosier said:

I will admit I didn’t get to watch the game tonight.  But going off of the reaction on here to all the playoff games I watched last season (and my experiences with Pacers fans generally), I’m going to assume it wasn’t nearly as bad as it’s being portrayed, lol.

There is not doubt that if Indiana made their free throws, the outcome would have been different.  That said, there were two totally phantom calls on Vic against Harden that netted the Rockets 4 points (one was as a blatant a flop as I've seen in the last couple of years).  

Edited by 5fouls

6 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

There is not doubt that if Indiana made their free throws, the outcome would have been different.  That said, there were two totally phantom calls on Vic against Harden that netted the Rockets 4 points (one was as a blatant a flop as I've seen in the last couple of years).  

Well I believe that, but that’s Harden for you.  You just have to take solace in the fact that he’s only going to get those types of calls in the regular season — they don’t let him get away with that BS in the playoffs.

51 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

The Pacers outshot the Rockets enormously at the foul line. The awful 4th quarter until Vic came to save the day again was what doomed them. 

Spoken like someone who didn't watch the game. It was bad enough that Nate McMillan, who never bothers to say anything got a tech. 

1 hour ago, FW_Hoosier said:

Only a Cers fan can gripe about the refs with a straight face after shooting twice as many FTs as the other team. 😂

I dont like the nba not a fan. only watch because of Vic. Not sure how those 3 ref's have jobs. Houston dont shoot free throws because they stand and jack 3's all night.

1 hour ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

I was there, so I think I had a pretty good view. 

I was there too, as did I have a good view as well. Yes the pacers missed 10 free throws, that hurt them more than 3 phantom calls(just so happened to be when Harden had the ball in his hands) that went against the Pacers.  James Harden goes in for a fast break layup on a steal, Vic contests the layup and as he jumps he jumps in the air away from Harden who misses a point blank layup and a foul is called after the ball hits the floor.  Cannot tell me that was a foul.  I will argue all day that the three refs last night kept the game close BUT they did miss 10 free throws to Houston's 1 missed free throw. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Indykev said:

I dont like the nba not a fan. only watch because of Vic. Not sure how those 3 ref's have jobs. Houston dont shoot free throws because they stand and jack 3's all night.

Agree, if you shoot 47 three pointers in a game compared to the pacers shooting like 25, there is no way you will shoot the same amount of FT attempts as the opposing team. 

Pacers lost this game because of their free throw shooting and those 3 or 4 horrible calls especially the two fouls on VO against Harden.  Houston looks awful and they are so boring to watch with their pick and roll offense and Harden dribbling out the shot clock.  Also they rely on the 3 way to much and you saw that in game 7 of the  conference finals.

5 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I was there too, as did I have a good view as well. Yes the pacers missed 10 free throws, that hurt them more than 3 phantom calls(just so happened to be when Harden had the ball in his hands) that went against the Pacers.  James Harden goes in for a fast break layup on a steal, Vic contests the layup and as he jumps he jumps in the air away from Harden who misses a point blank layup and a foul is called after the ball hits the floor.  Cannot tell me that was a foul.  I will argue all day that the three refs last night kept the game close BUT they did miss 10 free throws to Houston's 1 missed free throw. 

Yes, there were missed calls, there are missed calls in every game. 

The Pacers lost because they scored six points in the first eight and a half minutes of the fourth quarter, missed ten free throws, and gave the Rockets wide open threes in winning time. Not because of some ref conspiracy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Pacers lost this game because of their free throw shooting and those 3 or 4 horrible calls especially the two fouls on VO against Harden.  Houston looks awful and they are so boring to watch with their pick and roll offense and Harden dribbling out the shot clock.  Also they rely on the 3 way to much and you saw that in game 7 of the  conference finals.

That boring pick and roll offense resulted in Sabonis guarding Harden way, way too often. Beautifully executed by Houston all night.

• Like 1

Just now, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

Yes, there were missed calls, there are missed calls in every game. 

The Pacers lost because they scored six points in the first eight and a half minutes of the fourth quarter, missed ten free throws, and gave the Rockets wide open threes in winning time. Not because of some ref conspiracy.

Not saying they lost because of some ref conspiracy.  There is ref conspiracy in every game in the NBA.  Yes a slow start in the 4th contributed to losing the game but when you shoot and miss 10 free throws in the game(9 more than Houston), that IS the biggest difference maker.  That is free points with no one guarding you

7 minutes ago, CauseThatsMyDJ said:

That boring pick and roll offense resulted in Sabonis guarding Harden way, way too often. Beautifully executed by Houston all night.

I couldn't care less how effective it is but it is boring to watch.  I am sorry if I enjoy watching player and ball movement how basketball is meant to be played.

21 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

The foul called on the drive was a bad call, but it does not hold a candle to the foul they called when Vic contested Harden on the jumper at the free throw line.  Harden landed fine, and then when he saw the shot did not go in, he flopped to the ground and the refs blew the whistle.  It would have been comical if it had not been such a key play in a tight game.

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

The foul called on the drive was a bad call, but it does not hold a candle to the foul they called when Vic contested Harden on the jumper at the free throw line.  Harden landed fine, and then when he saw the shot did not go in, he flopped to the ground and the refs blew the whistle.  It would have been comical if it had not been such a key play in a tight game.

Oh good point, I knew there was another HORRIBLE one but I couldn't remember.  That one was real bad.  Easily 6 inches between them two when Harden went up for the shot and when he came back down.